Login

russian armor

Petition to revert crushing change

PAGES (9)down
21 May 2016, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 16:55 PMRappy

I disagree. The Cromwell was over performing. To a lesser extent so was the wolverine in comparison to puma. And I'm not sure if you noticed but the t34 just received a bunch of buffs.

The Cromwell is overperforming because its the first relevant Allied Medium. It still gets murdered to death by Panzershrecks, but now Faust Snare + Panzershrecks combined with huge Heavy-like size means its impossible to use its speed advantage.

I don't understand why you compare a Tank to an Armoured Car, but the M10 is an inferior Tank Destroyer, at premium cost with no AI ability. Crush gave it a slight bit of utility.

T-34 did get buffed proper at the start, but then they neutered it again, then they removed crush which is a HUGE loss of AI (despite its main gun not actually getting buffed).
21 May 2016, 17:23 PM

Crushing is a part of the CoH franchise since day 1. So I voted YES. There are some vehicles ingame that are over performing with crushing tho. Like the M10, cromwell and valentine.
21 May 2016, 18:20 PM

If you run a squad of cons behind a tank and hit the dirt, will the tank be blocked now? Do suppressed squads block tanks as well? If an infantry squad is near a wall, will they block a tank driving near the wall?
21 May 2016, 18:35 PM

they have completly removed it? OH COME ON. this game is losing more and more unique mechanics... snow storm gone, deep snow gone, other stuff gone, now this.. oh please

lelic really tries to suck out all really unique stuff that can actually be fun.. running over some stupid blobs is great and really effective. but i really understand that you wanna remove blobbing. thats why you also nerfed B4 to the ground. thanks lelic for MAKING BLOBS VIABLE AGAIN
21 May 2016, 18:37 PM
Donator 11

they have completly removed it? OH COME ON. this game is losing more and more unique mechanics... snow storm gone, deep snow gone, other stuff gone, now this.. oh please

Some people just want to play starcraft, but they are not skillful enough to win anything there...
21 May 2016, 19:01 PM

Some people just want to play starcraft, but they are not skillful enough to win anything there...

i dont get the reference. so you mean that COH2 turns into starcraft? :huhsign:
21 May 2016, 19:11 PM
Donator 11

i dont get the reference. so you mean that COH2 turns into starcraft? :huhsign:

You said that coh2 looses what is unique about it. So it is getting more and more similar to other rts games, with the most popular and generic one being starcraft.
21 May 2016, 19:18 PM

Why not remove crushing and buff coaxials? Less gimmicky, more consistent. One could argue that this has become a game mechanic. Reducing turn speed removes from the flanking potential and waters down the character of said vehicles. Keep the flanking and buff their other AI means to compensate.
21 May 2016, 19:19 PM

SC2 is popular because of a very high skill cap but good league system making it appeal to low and extremely high level players. Removing a micro mechanic out makes the game less like starcraft lol.
21 May 2016, 19:23 PM

JUST RETREAT

also it makes the game more intense. changes should be reverted
21 May 2016, 19:41 PM

lelic really tries to suck out all really unique stuff that can actually be fun.. running over some stupid blobs is great and really effective. but i really understand that you wanna remove blobbing. thats why you also nerfed B4 to the ground. thanks lelic for MAKING BLOBS VIABLE AGAIN

Snow storms and deep snow are not gone,they just dont show up in automatch.
21 May 2016, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 19:23 PMDAZ187
JUST RETREAT

also it makes the game more intense. changes should be reverted

That's just a terrible solution, sorry. Why should a tank destroyer have a force retreat or die option on infantry?
21 May 2016, 20:33 PM

21 May 2016, 20:42 PM

Where I can see a list of 'heavy crush vehicles'?
21 May 2016, 20:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 19:51 PMRappy

That's just a terrible solution, sorry. Why should a tank destroyer have a force retreat or die option on infantry?

I don't think anyone is defending m10 crush.

What's dumb is removing it from ANTI INFANTRY medium tanks. It's a terrible change in that regard.

Why should a medium tank be backing off and playing peek a boo and footsies with basic infantry?
21 May 2016, 21:15 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 20:42 PMHater
Where I can see a list of 'heavy crush vehicles'?

Ost:
Panther
Brummbar (only in ballance preview)
Tiger
Tiger Ace
Elephant/Ferdinand

Sov:
KV-1
KV-2
KV-8
IS-2
ISU-152

OKW:
Panther
Command Panther
Konigstiger
Sturmtiger
Jagdtiger

USF:
Pershing
Bulldozer Sherman

Brits:
Comet
Churchill
Crocodile
AVRE

Somebody correct me if I forgot something.
21 May 2016, 21:46 PM
Donator 11

I feel like the ez8 should have heavy crush lol
21 May 2016, 21:59 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 21:46 PMMittens
I feel like the ez8 should have heavy crush lol

Yeah, I feel that if crushing changes are going to stay all factions best mediums should get heavy crush. In 3 out of 5 factions its already true, just the t34/85 and ez8 should be changed.
21 May 2016, 22:02 PM

What's dumb is removing it from ANTI INFANTRY medium tanks. It's a terrible change in that regard.

Why should a medium tank be backing off and playing peek a boo and footsies with basic infantry?

It may be dumb to remove it completely but some other solution for faction balance must be sought then. Why should Cromwell or t34 crush twice as swiftly as a p4 or Sherman?

I agree that tanks should not be hiding from infantry, but in my opinion that has more to do with no limits on handheld at and the potency of at snares and nades. Soviet at almost always wrecks an engine in one shot. Crushing isn't way to solve that since at nades and Faust still go off even if it stops schreks and zooks from firing. Also its just too efficient in some tanks with no real reason except as by product of a better mobility, which is already an advantage in and of itself.
21 May 2016, 22:31 PM

Crush was pretty much exclusive to cromwells and m10. Next best was t34. What do all these tanks have in common aside from the best crush? Cheapest tanks and ALL ARE ALLIED TANKS. That's why they needed to be removed. Balance reasons.

The 2 Biggest blob factions are OKW and USFs because they have handheld AT, great firepower and 5 man squads. Allies had tanks to crush OKW blobs but axis don't have tanks can can effectively crush USFs blobs.

Don't get me wrong, crushing infantry with cromwell tanks was hands down my favourite mechanic in the game. I am where I am on the leaderboards for Brits mainly because of cromwells. But for the sake of balance removal of crush makes sense. Perhaps they could have just toned down the rotation rate of these tanks instead of removing it....

In any case I respect the decision to remove tank crush from mediums.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 14
South Africa 2
unknown 10
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L