Login

russian armor

Petition to revert crushing change

PAGES (9)down
21 May 2016, 13:41 PM

First they removed the OKW trucks crushing buildings,
I remained silent because I don't play OKW.

Then they removed the US planes crashing into Tigers,
I remained silent because I don't play US.

Now they removed the crushing ability of tanks,
and there is no one left to speak for the soviet player.

Seriously, I understand it's all for the good of competitive play, but there are many fun elements in the game that are being removed all the time ( like my dear B4 taking out two tigers at once... )
This.

21 May 2016, 13:42 PM

I don't think that it needs skill. Clicking 20 times per second into the direction of a squad is not skill in my opinion. Crush kills were not achieved by driving through/over a squad in 95% of the times. Instead it was just the models running into the side of the tank and dying. And this all was pure RNG and fucked up pathing.

Nope, this.
21 May 2016, 13:53 PM

I want my men to stand there and look at the tanks not get crushed or frightened away
21 May 2016, 14:29 PM

I would be interested by the demographic of who are the people who want crush removed and those who wants to keep the current status quo.

Wild guess is that high rank/people who knows how to crush/good micro to press retreat are on one group :P

Valentine could see crush removed, M10/Cromwell could see crush reduced to T34/PIV levels.

I think you're on to something. The meta has been so one dimensional in almost every patch with OP commanders that get used every game, low variety in build orders, etc. The only reason this game has a skill cap higher than tic tac toe is the micro and should not be made more forgiving.
21 May 2016, 14:54 PM

- it needs skill to pull off.

Please stop perpetuating the myth that this is some kind of high skill mechanic... Its not. Just turn tank into infantry. Keep turning. Done. No skill required.
21 May 2016, 14:58 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 14:54 PMRappy

Please stop perpetuating the myth that this is some kind of high skill mechanic... Its not. Just turn tank into infantry. Keep turning. Done. No skill required.

You think so? Then try it. When you do it for the first time, just by description on how to do it its almost impossible. I would say that learning how to properly micro a sniper is easier. There is a reason why most players don't even know you can crush on purpose - they never happened to see that happening in lower skill games.
21 May 2016, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 02:26 AMTobis

Use blitz, then Axis tanks are good at crushing.
Or suppress squads with an hmg and crush them EZ.

Make blitz free like warspeed then and make it unlocked at t4
21 May 2016, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 14:54 PMRappy

It does take skill but it's rewarded too much. You can wipe Obers and other elite infantry just as easily as pioneers. Cromwells with warspeed are hilariously OP in team games vs blobs. Add vet 3 and you have fastest most mobile thing in existence.
21 May 2016, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 12:58 PMRollo
Retreat blob>????>Crushing is no longer an issue

really if you lose your volk blob to a cromwell its your own fault

Dumb logic man.
Quit to desktop - crushing no longer an issue.
Never build any infantry - crushing no longer an issue.

You can't see how retreating infantry puts you at an (unfair) disadvantage? Ever heard of the importance of field presence?
Crushing doesn't just happen with blobs. You can decimate single squads. "just retreat" is the lamest of solutions you could possibly suggest except perhaps the two I mentioned tongue in cheek above.
21 May 2016, 15:12 PM

I would understand if all factions had ability to crush. While in correct game only allies have ability to crush inf effectively, while crushing as axis is situational and random.

But sure, give axis PIV\Panther same crush comparable to T34\cromwell\M10 and then you may want to ask about reverting crushing change. It seems like ppl think its normal that only Allies tank can crush.
21 May 2016, 15:15 PM

You think so? Then try it. When you do it for the first time, just by description on how to do it its almost impossible. I would say that learning how to properly micro a sniper is easier. There is a reason why most players don't even know you can crush on purpose - they never happened to see that happening in lower skill games.

Lol. Dude I know how to crush. I find it easy with a p4 let alone a Cromwell. With the Cromwell in general the movement is much smoother. And the crushing much more deadly.

It literally takes no further skill than clicking to the side of the tank the infantry you want to crush are. Just keep clicking tight pathing arcs. Infantry get magnetized to the rotating tank and can't move except to get further crushed or to retreat which, as I mention above, is a lame solution.

But hey, I'm not against crushing entirely. As I've also previously said, I think it should do health damage and rarely kill a model and should be normalized across factions. Cromwell and m10 were simply ludicrous.
21 May 2016, 15:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

in vcoh i played against guys who intentionally built m10s as counter against my knight cross.

yep, a pure AT tank was the best hardcounter against the most expensive infantry in game. the natural counter should ve been a crocodile (was literally never built) or MGs or something but m10s were better than all of that

therefore, crushing actually lowers strategic depth as it was nobrainer to get m10s

crushing is lame, abusive and stupid

nothing interisting gameplay here

Why the hell are you talking about vCoH?
21 May 2016, 15:45 PM

People are really making out crushing to be a bigger issue than it actually is. Tanks should have an option to scare off infantry if they get too close, it is a tank ofc.

To avoid you can always retreat anyway, and if you say that you will just get chased on retreat then you should be more careful about over-extending. I'm more for changing the main offenders with small tweaks rather than removing a feature entirely.

There are also implications of removing it too such as taking away a counter to blobs. Player may be more inclined to move their infantry all in a group if they know they can't be crushed or scared off. God forbid an A-moving blob of inf with handheld AT or similar.
21 May 2016, 15:55 PM
Donator 11

There are many options to fix this issue rather than eleminating the element completely. Changes to unit spacing, AI pathfinding, and if need be rotation rates. We need to be carefule as this units are getting an indirect nerf to their ai, nor have we rly seen how helpful the pfaust is in live version.

We should look at smaller options rather than "Relic dropping a carnival cruise ship on a nail".
The Cromwell needs changed yes, the m10 needs changed, but look at how many other units get indirect nerfs based on this.

I know people don't always like this mechanica but it's a strategic decision a player is making and with the added snares should be taken into consideration as we lose strategic diversity.

I urge you to reconsider and think of alternatives rather than a 'blanket' solution
21 May 2016, 16:02 PM

T-34, Cromwell and M10 are all going to require buffs to make them relevant now that crushing is out. Volk's Fausts with Shrecks still present in OKW and no crush, plus Cromwell being one of the two biggest tanks (easy AT kills) means these are going to irrelevant units.

The units are bad enough that a mechanic like crush is actually required to make them relevant.
21 May 2016, 16:06 PM

It does take skill but it's rewarded too much. You can wipe Obers and other elite infantry just as easily as pioneers. Cromwells with warspeed are hilariously OP in team games vs blobs. Add vet 3 and you have fastest most mobile thing in existence.

See, this is exactly why I'm skeptical about this change.

21 May 2016, 16:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Good, fuck blobs. Space out your infantry or retreat.
21 May 2016, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 16:08 PMTobis

Good, fuck blobs. Space out your infantry or retreat.

Spacing out infantry only gets you so far. Want me to dig up a video of the cromwell crushing spaced out units too?
21 May 2016, 16:34 PM

Even if squads aren't standing directly on top of one another, a ton of infantry is still a blob. US vs OKW is blob vs blob, and then eventually blob + tank(s) vs blob + tank(s). Its not exactly super skillful play to begin with.

And to someone that says running over infantry doesn't require a ton of skill is partially right, but it is super micro intensive so crushing while not completely neglecting using other units is definitely a upper level skill.
21 May 2016, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 16:02 PMDoggo
T-34, Cromwell and M10 are all going to require buffs to make them relevant now that crushing is out.

I disagree. The Cromwell was over performing. To a lesser extent so was the wolverine in comparison to puma. And I'm not sure if you noticed but the t34 just received a bunch of buffs.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS