Login

russian armor

Week 3 Update to the Balance Mod

PAGES (8)down
18 May 2016, 18:48 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Week 3 Update to the Balance Mod

-------NEWS 1 June-----------

We are nearly set to release the War Spoils Update live. Unless there are any unexpected delays, release notes for this update are scheduled to go up by the end of this week.

The next balance update that will incorporate many of the changes outlined in the May Balance Preview Mod is scheduled to be released closer to the end of the month.

Forums Source

18 May 2016, 18:52 PM
Patrion 15

18 May 2016, 18:52 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

18 May 2016, 18:55 PM

These are generally good, but the removal of crush from tanks is going to make for pathing nightmares. Crush is an important mechanic reducing it to heavy only means very few if any use of it. Is the issue that Cromwells crush too well?
18 May 2016, 18:59 PM

Finally those nades. Thanks
18 May 2016, 19:01 PM

Good changes.

Meanwhile M42 at gun, kv1, kv2, il2 single strafes, hit the dirt, b4 and a bunch of soviet commanders, units and abilities are crying in a corner.
18 May 2016, 19:01 PM

Finnaly that fuckimg dumb M10 crush has been removed
18 May 2016, 19:05 PM

British AT snare added to the grenade package pls relic
18 May 2016, 19:08 PM

Smoke for leIG pls
18 May 2016, 19:16 PM

Pretty solid... though I'm kind of curious as to why they upped the damage on Bundle Grenades in addition to the AOE buffs. Its overpriced in its current form for sure but it may be a little bit too wipey - will have to test for sure.

Looking forward to see what the new commander abilities on Luftwaffles and Fortifications will be... I think For the Fatherland! makes sense for Fortifications. Recoup Losses would be really helpful for Luftwaffles to offset dat Fallshim. MP bleed. (even though it already has a lot of Munitions-based abilities)
18 May 2016, 19:16 PM

If bundled nades still cost 45 mun, which is same as guard nade, but have are incomaprably better, I foresee a cost increase on these.

I'm surprised they are removing crush from med tanks though.

AT blobs FTW?
18 May 2016, 19:18 PM

These are generally good, but the removal of crush from tanks is going to make for pathing nightmares. Crush is an important mechanic reducing it to heavy only means very few if any use of it. Is the issue that Cromwells crush too well?
But it doesn't effect pathing at all, only infantry crush was removed. Vehicles don't stop for infantry regardless, so at most the worse is that you'll see infantry models clip through tanks.

Also I guess this means the only tank that's really able to crush infantry now is the 105 sherman. Pretty much everything else with heavy crush is too slow to actually pull it off.
18 May 2016, 19:18 PM

Oh god, I am going to lose so many squads to bundle nades now.
18 May 2016, 19:19 PM
Patrion 14

I think tanks will move as they have so far, it's just that they will not squish infantry, but infantry will move out of the way. Just like retreating infantry cannot be crushed and yet it doesn't interfere with vehicle pathing.
18 May 2016, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 19:01 PMFrost
Finnaly that fuckimg dumb M10 crush has been removed

Yeah, now people will actually realize how crappy armor company is now that they can't just abuse the M10.
18 May 2016, 19:24 PM

Yeah, now people will actually realize how crappy armor company is now that they can't just abuse the M10.

I don't give a fuck mhahahahah
18 May 2016, 19:27 PM
18 May 2016, 19:28 PM

Looks good (especially bundle change). But we're still missing a change the the most worthless unit in the entire game: OKW Flak.

Both the OKW Flak and Ost Pak 43 should really have their crews made invulnerable like the brit versions.
18 May 2016, 19:33 PM

Those all look like solid changes :O PGren Schreck blobs are finally going to be able to pull their weight over SPio Schreck blobs!

But it doesn't effect pathing at all, only infantry crush was removed. Vehicles don't stop for infantry regardless, so at most the worse is that you'll see infantry models clip through tanks.

Also I guess this means the only tank that's really able to crush infantry now is the 105 sherman. Pretty much everything else with heavy crush is too slow to actually pull it off.

You would be surprised... but Panthers also have heavy crush.

I really hope they also remove it from Panthers, otherwise it is going to be completely unfair. (Especially with OKW Combat Blitz).

Other tanks with Heavy Crush:
Tigers (all variants), Churchills, Bulldozer Sherman, Brumbars (since last update), and I have no idea which Soviet tanks.
18 May 2016, 19:34 PM

I strongly disagree with the removal of infantry crush on medium tanks.

I think it's important for units to be able to step out of their main role in certain situations and challenge the conventional rules of gameplay. To me, it's one of the pillars of what makes COH great.

It's a mechanic that rewards skill and planning on both sides (because tanks can be baited into a crush to overextend). Without it, units become a little more boxed in to their roles and the game gets a little more shallow.

If the mechanic creates efficiency issues with specific units (M10 and Cromwell for example), then I'm sure those units can be dealt with individually and avoid sweeping changes.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS