Login

russian armor

Week 3 Update to the Balance Mod

PAGES (8)down
18 May 2016, 21:13 PM

But what they really did is driving over AT guns, should they add it to the game instead? Could be a lot of fan :D or at least add AT guns, machineguns and other team wapons as possible targets of t-34s ram ability :D

Well like I said it's not a simulator. We still have force fields around buildings that prevent anyone else from entering them to clear it of enemies along with instant teleportation to the windows. We have tanks that can survive a direct hit from a B4, and the fact that the B4 can't shoot more than a few hundred meters or something in the first place. We have units that can camouflage by running along a wood fence. These are all game elements. But removing crush is still a step in the right direction if accompanied by any necessary unit changes, if there are any, and unlike what I counted it is easy to remove without completely redesigning a unit/the game.
18 May 2016, 21:15 PM

They should revert the cost of the m10 if the changes go live
How about increasing the hitpoints
18 May 2016, 21:17 PM

They forgot to remove shrecks from okw again
18 May 2016, 21:21 PM

Thank god race car infantry crush is gone.
18 May 2016, 21:24 PM

They should have changed infantry crush to being health damage only, no kills (unless form the accumulated health defects).

But yeah, it needed to be toned down severely. I've been saying it for a while now. It was ludicrous that a Wolverine (a Tank Destroyer) could wipe infantry at about 500% rate of a dedicated anti infantry tank (luchs).
18 May 2016, 21:26 PM
Patrion 14

Actually my great grandpa was in WW2 and he said it was mostly fought between dozens of allied light tank destroyers trying to run over hordes of rocket wielding volksgrenadiers.

That was the main problem with the Normandy landings - they had to go uphill and Germans were in the bunkers which made running them over much more difficult.
18 May 2016, 21:31 PM

Actually my great grandpa was in WW2 and he said it was mostly fought between dozens of allied light tank destroyers trying to run over hordes of rocket wielding volksgrenadiers.

That was the main problem with the Normandy landings - they had to go uphill and Germans were in the bunkers which made running them over much more difficult.

Ha - ... - ha - ... - ha - ... how funny

"During the fighting in North Africa, U.S. forces employed the slit trench. This was a very shallow excavation allowing one man to lie horizontally while shielding his body from nearby shell bursts and small arms fire. The slit trench soon proved inadequate in this role, as the few inches of dirt above the soldier's body could often be penetrated by bullets or shell fragments. It also exposed the user to assault by enemy tanks, which could crush the man inside a shallow slit trench by driving into it, then making a simple half-turn."

Wikipedia
18 May 2016, 21:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They should NOT take out crush. The only units that were over-performing with crush were the m10 and the cromwell, they just need to tweak those instead of removing it from all the mediums. Ridiculous overcompensation. Crushing was a risky mechanic that rewarded good skill and map awareness, and punished blobbing. It's ridiculous to have infantry be completely immune to some vehicles just because they are unlucky enough to not have a hull gun or a pintle mount implemented in the game. Infantry should fear all tanks to some extent, not just dedicated AI tanks.

The bundlenade is also probably an over-buff.
18 May 2016, 21:33 PM

if the intention was to nerf the crush, a less drastic change would be to lower the rotational rate of the offending vehicles.

just removing crush entirely seems excessive.

and no one seems to care about the nerf bat they are hitting the cromwell with. a change from 18 to 23 is huge.
18 May 2016, 21:35 PM
Patrion 14

(snip)
Why the slit trench quote, exactly?
18 May 2016, 21:39 PM

Why the slit trench quote, exactly?

Proving that running over troops actually has a right to exist.
18 May 2016, 21:43 PM
Donator 11

I wonder what is going to happen if soldier is suppressed, pinned or uses "hit the ground" in front of enemy vehicle. Is it going to stop the vehicle? Is the soldier going to break the state he is in and run? Or is the vehicle going to phase through infantry?

As far as I remember right now soldiers in such states block light vehicles - so its probably the worst and most abusable case...
18 May 2016, 22:04 PM

if the intention was to nerf the crush, a less drastic change would be to lower the rotational rate of the offending vehicles.

just removing crush entirely seems excessive.

and no one seems to care about the nerf bat they are hitting the cromwell with. a change from 18 to 23 is huge.

thats cause the cromwell will still be a good tank despite the size change.
18 May 2016, 22:06 PM

So good, really excited for these changes to go live! I wonder what commander abilities would be best to replace the MG42? I guess 'For the Fatherland' (or whatever the Overwatch ability is called) for fortifications, but what for Luftwaffe? I'm not sure what would fit.

The only change I'm worried about is the Bundle Grenade buff. Grenades should be effective, but this AOE profile and damage looks a little too good to me. IMO it isn't good for the slightest lapse in attention to be punished with a squad wipe. I'd prefer for the grenade effectiveness to remain unchanged, and for the cost to be reduced to be in line with other grenades.
18 May 2016, 22:07 PM

thats cause the cromwell will still be a good tank despite the size change.

the size is one of the biggest reason why it's a good tank. it dodge instead of trying to "tank" the german shot.

size 23 tanks like the 75mm sherman get obliterated in an instant. even the penetration buff to the sherman hasn't really make it a "good" tank, it's mediocre at best.
18 May 2016, 22:07 PM

Overall good changes. But:
  • I think that they should just nerf the M10 and Cromwell rotation speed, which are the only armoured vehicles that can really crush a lot of infantry.
  • The MG 42 was a nice addition to both doctrines, hope they replace it with useful and suitable new abilites/units...
18 May 2016, 22:10 PM
Patrion 14

Proving that running over troops actually has a right to exist.
Why do you feel the need to prove that a 30 ton vehicle moving at 50 km/h can run over a man?
18 May 2016, 22:10 PM

Comet has a size of 22. PIV has a size of 22, with more armour (or even more, if it's the OKW version). Panther has a size of 24. Byebye Cromwell!
18 May 2016, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 19:16 PMKatitof
If bundled nades still cost 45 mun, which is same as guard nade, but have are incomaprably better, I foresee a cost increase on these.

I'm surprised they are removing crush from med tanks though.

AT blobs FTW?

Yeah sure, because you know, Guards\shock\sons nades arent that portable nukes, which usually wipe full HP squads.

Not to mention that bundle nade would be used against larger squads, thats why it have to be better. Less crying more dodging.

AT blobs? You mean, not more cromwell and M10 crush abuse?

18 May 2016, 22:30 PM

the size is one of the biggest reason why it's a good tank. it dodge instead of trying to "tank" the german shot.

size 23 tanks like the 75mm sherman get obliterated in an instant. even the penetration buff to the sherman hasn't really make it a "good" tank, it's mediocre at best.

good speed, cheap cost + easy brit teching, long vision with the commander upgrade, even faster speed potential with emergency warspeed, good on the move accuracy (.75 vs .5 of the p4).
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS