Remove territory point blocking from vehicles
Option Distribution Votes
81%
19%
Total votes: 72
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Apr 2016, 09:42 AM

I want to hear your opinion.

Would you like to see the blocking from territory points being removed for vehicles, meaning that vehicles can simply drive through the capture points?

In my opinion this would improve the vehicle pathfinding. Some community mods also implemented it and it was overall a better experience.

The blocking would still exist for infantry though.

What do you think?
30 Apr 2016, 09:47 AM

30 Apr 2016, 09:59 AM
Donator 11

would look stupid
30 Apr 2016, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 09:59 AMspajn
would look stupid
Really? Heavy vehicles can already pass through each other.
30 Apr 2016, 10:11 AM

Agree, I was going to say ghost them for all but then realised sandbagging points is a thing. There is no need for the tanks to avoid it and screw up pathing, although, would this be a bit much for the aforementioned sandbagging and getting crushed by tanks? :P
30 Apr 2016, 10:22 AM
Donator 11

I agree but IMO wheeled vehicles (ones with light crush) shouldnt do it. It would be too much of a buff for kubel and m3+engineers combo.
30 Apr 2016, 10:27 AM

As long as crushing is so easy with some of the brit tanks its better as it is.
30 Apr 2016, 11:36 AM

This would help pathing greatly. I would go one further, to allow medium and heavys to drive over trenches (maybe not faction built ones but preplaced map trenches.)
30 Apr 2016, 11:44 AM

and making the abuse crushing even ore powerful?

surely no
30 Apr 2016, 11:47 AM

I don't know why we even have the territory point structures any more. You don't need to interact with them like in CoH1; they serve no purpose whatever. I mean, hypothetically, if they provided hard cover - which would be a design decision in favour of attacking units - they would at least have some reason for being there. At the moment the only impact they can have on the game is to get in the way. They should be done away with entirely, IMO.
30 Apr 2016, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 11:47 AMsquippy
I don't know why we even have the territory point structures any more. You don't need to interact with them like in CoH1; they serve no purpose whatever. I mean, hypothetically, if they provided hard cover - which would be a design decision in favour of attacking units - they would at least have some reason for being there. At the moment the only impact they can have on the game is to get in the way. They should be done away with entirely, IMO.

I wanted to object, but then I remembered how hard Relic fucked with the flags. If they'd change them from being red/blue to being actual national/fictional flags, they can and should stay, but at this moment nothing holds them back.
30 Apr 2016, 11:59 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 11:47 AMsquippy

Well, you can click on them in order to queue capture point order instead of move order. Also you can check type of point with just a glimpse. Both seem not important and redundant with mini/strategic map but you would feel that is not the case if you happen to remove them as I'm almost sure you use them for these purpouses.
30 Apr 2016, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 09:59 AMspajn
would look stupid

Honestly I wouldn't mind.

CoH is not meant to be realistic but fun, e.g. tanks can only shoot for about 100 meters (at best).

Even if it looked stupid I would prefer it this way because it is way more frustrating currently if you want to retreat a tank and he does a 180° u-turn only because there is this 10 pixel pole in its way.

Tanks can drive through trees, smash fences and even the edges of stone buildings.

But a small pole is indestructible.

If I recall correctly there was a way that couldn't be passed by vehicles in an earlier version of Mins pocket because of a pole in its middle. The way itself was as wide as at least to tanks but the pathing completely fucked up.
30 Apr 2016, 13:25 PM

Well, you can click on them in order to queue capture point order instead of move order. Also you can check type of point with just a glimpse. Both seem not important and redundant with mini/strategic map but you would feel that is not the case if you happen to remove them as I'm almost sure you use them for these purpouses.

You could have these without a flag.
Just have a painted circle on the ground or something.
30 Apr 2016, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 13:25 PMFino

You could have these without a flag.
Just have a painted circle on the ground or something.

I would go with this one. Not that I want too much realism or anything, but ghosting through flags looks way too retarded imo, even for coh.
30 Apr 2016, 15:54 PM
Patrion 14

Anyone who's played either Miragefla's or Cruzzi's mod will confirm that this is one of the best changes to improve pathing.

Here the maxim for games should be applied: balance > gameplay >> realism
30 Apr 2016, 17:16 PM

I approve this change
1 May 2016, 18:50 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

Yes sir ! :thumb:
Maybe also remove MG and Mortar blocking from vehicle.
1 May 2016, 20:35 PM

I would prefer that territory points only take up 1-4 blocks on the map instead of the 9-25.

Just the flagpole could remain as a pathing blocker and it would save a considerable about of headaches.

But here's the thing, the only functional purpose the physical points serve is to provide a place for OPs to be built. (That and allowing players to shift-command to capture points.) Since CoH2 utilizes cap zones, the physical points that units interact with aren't entirely necessary, and at the very least don't have to be in the exact center of an exact circle of a cap zone.

While I support the notion, I do so only because I doubt there's going to be much editing of the existing maps.
2 May 2016, 08:08 AM

Since CoH2 utilizes cap zones, the physical points that units interact with aren't entirely necessary, and at the very least don't have to be in the exact center of an exact circle of a cap zone.

This is an amazing idea imo. You don't have to change anything but just place the pole to where it doesn't affect the pathing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★