Login

russian armor

Some advices

29 Apr 2016, 10:49 AM

After trying the mod, I think that penal battalions r absolutely OP.
I have an idea to make a difference: everybody knows that penal battalions r accompanied by other friendly units; thus we can establish a new setting that each penal battalion squad must be supervised by 3 conscript squads.This means that only when the soviet player owns X conscript squads can he/she own X/3 penal battalion(s), where X≥3.
This change must be cool.:bananadance:
29 Apr 2016, 10:57 AM

Isn't it basically enforcing natural blobbing at core design?
29 Apr 2016, 11:16 AM

Isn't it basically enforcing natural blobbing at core design?

when u use penal battalion,this is what u want exactly.
29 Apr 2016, 11:16 AM

Interesting idea.

From the "lore" point if view it is certainly right that a penal unit should be somewhat different than ordinary combat units, be it line or elite ones.

I like this feature of the german breakthrough officer which causes all his units to retreat when he goes down. I would suggest to progress the OPs idea in this direction somehow.
29 Apr 2016, 11:20 AM

Interesting idea.

From the "lore" point if view it is certainly right that a penal unit should be somewhat different than ordinary combat units, be it line or elite ones.

I like this feature of the german breakthrough officer which causes all his units to retreat when he goes down. I would suggest to progress the OPs idea in this direction somehow.

Thanks
29 Apr 2016, 11:37 AM

Another idea to make penal units somewhat special would be to increace their received-accurracy value above average to simulate their tendency of being used ruthlessly.

One could even think about removing the automatic retreat option from penal units to actually picture their purpose.

However these ideas all have a serious balancing effect which would need to take into account.
29 Apr 2016, 12:21 PM
Donator 11

Give them ability that spawns AT dog with mine attached to its back. The dog runs under the closest vehicle, no matter if friend or foe, and detonates the mine damaging its engine :snfPeter:

Seriously though, problem with ideas in this thread is that you guys forget penals should not only be 'special' but also usefull, otherwise nobody will use them.
29 Apr 2016, 13:54 PM

Give them ability that spawns AT dog with mine attached to its back. The dog runs under the closest vehicle, no matter if friend or foe, and detonates the mine damaging its engine :snfPeter:

Seriously though, problem with ideas in this thread is that you guys forget penals should not only be 'special' but also usefull, otherwise nobody will use them.

or use children instead of dogs... hm?
29 Apr 2016, 14:01 PM

Actually soviets never really needed penals. People were always crying about it, but honestly when you have guards, shocks and conscripts with optional ppsh, no matter where you put penals, they will be either OP or never seen in any meta.
29 Apr 2016, 14:41 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 13:54 PMRiCE

or use children instead of dogs... hm?

Little bears? :megusta:
29 Apr 2016, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 14:01 PMRiCE
honestly when you have guards, shocks and conscripts with optional ppsh

Please focus REALLY hard on the bold words.

What do these have in common together and what puts penals aside next to them?
29 Apr 2016, 15:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 15:13 PMKatitof

Please focus REALLY hard on the bold words.

What do these have in common together and what puts penals aside next to them?

That they're not Partisans? :luvCarrot:
29 Apr 2016, 15:24 PM

Another idea to make penal units somewhat special would be to increace their received-accurracy value above average to simulate their tendency of being used ruthlessly.

The funny thing about this is that atm Cons are the only infantry squad that have an increased received accuracy right from the start, while Penals have the standard received accuracy. So its vice versa, Cons are bleeding hard.
29 Apr 2016, 15:29 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I think an issue that may cause people to call the new changes OP or UP is because the matchmaking for the mod is random AF.

But this is a potentially unbalanced preview mod so I'm not trying to stunt discussion.
29 Apr 2016, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 14:01 PMRiCE
Actually soviets never really needed penals. People were always crying about it, but honestly when you have guards, shocks and conscripts with optional ppsh, no matter where you put penals, they will be either OP or never seen in any meta.

Don't think so. A capable non-doctrinal infantry unit with a weapon upgrade for soviets will actually make all commanders without infantry call-in or ppsh upgrade much more interesting. This could change the soviet commander meta quite a bit and pave the way for new tactics.

Shocks without flamer and satel charge but with smoke grenade, strong close up grenade and armor 2 are still a whole different approach, I wouldn't say they are too similar, but made for a different playing style.
29 Apr 2016, 15:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Don't think so. A capable non-doctrinal infantry unit with a weapon upgrade for soviets will actually make all commanders without infantry call-in or ppsh upgrade much more interesting. This could change the soviet commander meta quite a bit and pave the way for new tactics.

Shocks without flamer and satel charge but with smoke grenade, strong close up grenade and armor 2 are still a whole different approach, I wouldn't say they are too similar, but made for a different playing style.

IT'S HIS TIME TO SHINE

29 Apr 2016, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 15:39 PMVuther

IT'S HIS TIME TO SHINE

It would be worth giving him a try at least :)

I personally think this would make Urban defence a good choice on building heavy maps. So I would say a good infantry unit with a non-doctrinal capable weapon upgrade (doesn't matter if penals or cons) will allow going for whole new strategies and breath new live in soviet commander choices. Because of this thumbs up for a penal or con weapon upgrade.
29 Apr 2016, 17:28 PM

Penals a little bit too strong, they beat lmg grens at long range.
29 Apr 2016, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 17:28 PMofield

They are more expensive than grens.. And dedicated anti infantry units.

Why obers beat conscripts? Plz nerf!

/s
29 Apr 2016, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 17:28 PMofield

In cover or out of cover? Also, with the upgrade or without the upgrade? (Assuming w/o)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★