Login

russian armor

Where do we report bugs?

27 Apr 2016, 12:56 PM

Prior to the Great Purge, we used to have Cuddletronic patrolling the forums subsection. Currently, there is no indication that Relic is still frequenting these forums (they might still be, but there is no clear indication).

If somebody from Relic is reading this message, could you provide a yes/no answer to the following questions?

1. Is Relic responding to the bug section of the official forums?
2. Is somebody from relic still checking the coh2.org bugs subsection? (or do you prefer we report all bugs solely on the official forums?)
3. If Miragefla fixes stuff, will Relic also include his fixes in the live version of the game?
- Relic uses stuff from Miragefla's mod
- Miragefla's mod also contains numerous bugfixes
- Miragefla frequently checks this subforum for bug reports (and if modable, he includes them in his balance mod).
4. If somebody happens to discover a serious exploit (which should not be made public), what is the best way to reach Relic about this? (I've once sent an email to Relicenforcement about an exploit but never got a response for it :3 )
27 Apr 2016, 13:05 PM
Donator 11

1. https://community.companyofheroes.com/categories/coh2-bug-reporting yea there are a few posts
2. I'm sure they still look at (at least Jason should be)
3. From what I hear he said the patch would include a lot of his bug fixes. Whether they take his ideas on his other changes is up to relics discretion
4. PM a coh2.org Admin or fellow streamer such as A_E and Stormless as they should have Kyle's email and skype information and should be able to transmit the issue.
27 Apr 2016, 13:07 PM

1. Nope, but Kyles job is to deliver the feedback to whoever is in charge now.
2. Nope, Kyle confirmed he will focus on official forums and rarely if ever visit .org anymore.
3. 100% up to relic and communication between them. No one knows.
4. PM Kyle or one of the mods on official forums would be fastest.
You can send mails to enforcement, but you shouldn't really expect reply on it, it pretty much always works like this unless you actually use support ticket.
27 Apr 2016, 13:23 PM

Thanks to you both!

I guess I'll start reporting things on the official forums for the time being. In the meantime, I will also be opening threads on the CoH2.org bug subforum linking to the official forum posts, in case somebody has an interest in keeping current with coh2 bugs.
27 Apr 2016, 13:50 PM

Forcing people to use the official forums, what a cruel joke
27 Apr 2016, 14:40 PM

Forcing people to use the official forums, what a cruel joke

It seems a bit frustrating, yes. However, to be completely fair, making bug reports about a piece of software on a fan-fueled website (even if it is THE fan-fueled website) and having those bugs picked up was a luxury. Hopefully, this will allow the proverbial "1-2 people still working on CoH2" focus their efforts and fix what's being reported :)
27 Apr 2016, 16:35 PM

I tried private messaging Kyle on the official forums, no luck, says I don't have permission or something, bugged.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★