Login

russian armor

Should the zook upgrade be limited to rangers/paras only?

23 Apr 2016, 17:51 PM

I liked the change Brad suggested.

All comparisons aside, I find the Bar blob and the Zook Blob to efficient. But that's just the 2ct of somebody below the 1000s in rank so who knows.
23 Apr 2016, 17:57 PM

Don't undermine your credibility with such inaccurate claims. The zook deals 100 and shrecks deals 120 damage, and some slight pen difference.

Shreck costs 90 muni (rip) while the zook costs 50 muni haha

Slight ?

Zooka 130.0/120.0/110.0

Schreck 180.0/170.0/160.0

that's not slight boi :snfPeter:
23 Apr 2016, 17:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Don't undermine your credibility with such inaccurate claims. The zook deals 100 and shrecks deals 120 damage, and some slight pen difference.

The bazooka does 80, the schrecks do 120.

The panzersxhreck is also more accurate, has 170 penetration compared to 120 with the bazookas, and will be fighting allied vehicles, which usually have a lot less armor. You aren't going to scratch a panther with bazookas.

Taking up 2 weapon slots to match the schreck is also a big deal.
23 Apr 2016, 18:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 17:36 PMTobis

Ok, so you pretty much just ignored everything I said. Fantastic.

The panzerschreck is twice as good as bazookas, it's not a fair comparison to say USF can get out twice the number of AT weapons when theirs are half as effective.

At a squad level, there are clear dps drawbacks to the bazooka. You cannot deny this. Saying you can make other rifle squads and give them mgs is true, but why can't OKW do the same thing? Stop blobbing only volks and expecting to beat an army of better units. Rifles are more expensive and better than volks, get some elite infantry ffs. Get some obers, falls, panzerfusilliers, or jaegers.

Yes, I do think that giving volks a choice between a panzerschreck and another upgrade would be an improvement. The problem is that nobody is going to bother to upgrade with anything besides schrecks unless the other upgrade is equally as powerful, which would be unjustifiable on a squad as cheap as volks.

I didn't ignore what you said, I feel the intricacies of squad DPS is irrelevant when you look at the bigger picture as I said. Panzerschreck is not twice as good as Bazooka. Ratio of Panzerschrek to Bazooka is like 2:3. 180 munitions vs 150 munitions.

I didn't deny the drawbacks, what I'm saying is that USF has plenty of options to overcome them and they still get something in return, compared to OKW who has one benefit or destroyed faction because the upgrade is so important. Rifles at vet 3 with LMGs can easily stand up to and beat any of those units you mentioned, despite being cheaper than all of them.

Volks is 30 MP cheaper than Rifles. No reason why price can't be increased and given an upgrade to make a choice.
23 Apr 2016, 18:03 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 18:01 PMHitman5

I didn't ignore what you said, I feel the intricacies of squad DPS is irrelevant when you look at the bigger picture as I said. Panzerschreck is not twice as good as Bazooka. Ratio of Panzerschrek to Bazooka is like 2:3. 180 munitions vs 150 munitions.

I didn't deny the drawbacks, what I'm saying is that USF has plenty of options to overcome them and they still get something in return, compared to OKW who has one benefit or destroyed faction because the upgrade is so important. Rifles at vet 3 with LMGs can easily stand up to and beat any of those units you mentioned, despite being cheaper than all of them.

Volks is 30 MP cheaper than Rifles. No reason why price can't be increased and given an upgrade to make a choice.

Look, I don't want to be that guy, but you've literally never played a game as allies before. Gain some perspective first before I argue with you more.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197995698656

If you want any tips I can help you.
23 Apr 2016, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 18:03 PMTobis

Look, I don't want to be that guy, but you've literally never played a game as allies before. Gain some perspective first before I argue with you more.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197995698656

If you want any tips I can help you.

"Ok, so you pretty much just ignored everything I said. Fantastic."

Do you usually resort to this when you can't make an argument in return?

Btw, I have played games as allies but they are not high enough ranked to show there and some under AT games.
23 Apr 2016, 18:22 PM

Damn, the butthurt over one of the most cancerous things in coh2 going away is real :sibHyena:

Hilarious seeing all these pure aryan playercard owners losing their murbles over loss of shrecks :romeoHype:
23 Apr 2016, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 18:14 PMHitman5

Btw, I have played games as allies but they are not high enough ranked to show there and some under AT games.

It's just pure lies, any game in automatch will be shown at your playcard, no matter rank, even 1 game against rank 10000. And 9 games with AT is definitely enough for solid opinion.
23 Apr 2016, 18:36 PM

That slight pen difference vs weaker allied armour adds up immensely.
23 Apr 2016, 19:03 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 18:14 PMHitman5

"Ok, so you pretty much just ignored everything I said. Fantastic."

Do you usually resort to this when you can't make an argument in return?

Placement matches would still show up. You didn't play any.

You are basically repeating yourself, I'm not going to keep saying the same thing to you. It's clear you will always disagree.
23 Apr 2016, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 17:57 PMTobis

The bazooka does 80, the schrecks do 120.

The panzersxhreck is also more accurate, has 170 penetration compared to 120 with the bazookas, and will be fighting allied vehicles, which usually have a lot less armor. You aren't going to scratch a panther with bazookas.

Taking up 2 weapon slots to match the schreck is also a big deal.

zooks cant scratch a panther? seems like you haven't played coh2 at all.

Shreks got removed because it was causing volkblobs which was cancerous. But equally there are rifleblobs with zooks, bars, grenades, smoke and snares (sandbags, mines and lmg but are doctrinal) blobbing all over the place with its terminator veterancy (which reaches vet 3 quickly due to the ZOOKS and not just volks reaching vet 5 in no time) and so doing something about rifles is necessary.

In my opinion the vet and dual LMG's of rifles only need looking at.
23 Apr 2016, 19:32 PM

zook are ok right ?
why not give vols 100 mun 2 zook upgrade ?
seems fair :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
23 Apr 2016, 20:17 PM
23 Apr 2016, 20:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 04:03 AMTobis

One zook isn't going to do anything, it's not worth it.

It's not bad, 3 rifles equipped like that plus a captain and lt is like 6 zooks and and 4 bars, throw in .50 cals and your gold

Speaking of .50 cals: it seems like the best HMG ingame now because it can deter lights and won't get riflenaded to death anymore
23 Apr 2016, 20:58 PM

If you're fighting a rifleblob and they throw down a few hundred munis in zooks, just park your vehicles away in a defensive role. Use your tank(s) to keep squads from capping your flanks.

If those zooks are your opponents main source of AT, their blob is all they have. If they run out to the flanks with it, you just run away while gaining the map advantage. If he stays put, you've contained the blob and likewise gain the map advantage. Plus a contained blob is much easier to blow up with indirect fire.
23 Apr 2016, 21:24 PM

If you're fighting a rifleblob and they throw down a few hundred munis in zooks, just park your vehicles away in a defensive role. Use your tank(s) to keep squads from capping your flanks.

If those zooks are your opponents main source of AT, their blob is all they have. If they run out to the flanks with it, you just run away while gaining the map advantage. If he stays put, you've contained the blob and likewise gain the map advantage. Plus a contained blob is much easier to blow up with indirect fire.

As obvious as it seems I never thought about it that way! Thank you very much! Been looking for an advice like that forever. :)
23 Apr 2016, 21:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 18:22 PMKatitof
Damn, the butthurt over one of the most cancerous things in coh2 going away is real :sibHyena:

Hilarious seeing all these pure aryan playercard owners losing their murbles over loss of shrecks :romeoHype:
Agreed, I'm enjoying looking through this thread to see these reactions.
24 Apr 2016, 00:17 AM

Problem with shreck is retarded tactic when you make 4 volks a-move and 1 shot m36 when it gets in los and retreat. I dont think zook bloob will ever 1 shot anything bigger then puma or pz2
24 Apr 2016, 00:28 AM

I have no idea why the OP wants to get rid of the Bazooka racks. I think he's just irritated that his main tactic (which probably involved spamming Volksgrenadier and upgrading them all with Panzerschrecks) is now rendered moot. :P

It's not like weapon racks aren't an actual part of the USF faction, no? We should just removed weapon racks alltogether and gib the USF and British factions while we're at it too, just to further "balance" the game and homogenize everything even more.

I also love this condescending tone.
I just speaks some wisdom for relic PR guys who are lurking on these forums. I give them balance revelations, if they are mature enough, they take my advice and implement them via the attribute editor. If not, then their loss

They'll certainly make the "right" decision after reading this. Yup, the right decision will be to completely ignore this thread after they see your attitude about them. :P If I were a dev, I sure as hell would.
24 Apr 2016, 00:29 AM

It's something that should be looked.
However Tobis is right.

Picking Zook with USF is not the same, it's a hard choice and sacrifice to make.

The sacrifice that doesn't exist in OKW.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★