Login

russian armor

When will Relic fix the counter barrage cancer

21 Apr 2016, 04:58 AM

When they're done selling it (basically when the new war spoils system comes out).
21 Apr 2016, 06:40 AM

The counter barrage indeed comes way too early and is way too effective/accurate. The window of oppertunity to counter the emplacements is next to nothing and when they finaly got their sim city up and running you have a hard time getting enough resources to get a tank to counter it. By that time the field is floating with cronwells. Lelic just made his biggest mistake with this commander.
21 Apr 2016, 07:02 AM

Not being able to build units is a pretty big deal. They also can't use the regular coordinated fire abilities while it's active. (Maybe I'm the only one who actually cares about that though.)

Also vs emplacement spam they're pretty vulnerable to you simply driving around the map and rolling into their base.

21 Apr 2016, 07:20 AM

Not being able to build units is a pretty big deal. They also can't use the regular coordinated fire abilities while it's active. (Maybe I'm the only one who actually cares about that though.)

Also vs emplacement spam they're pretty vulnerable to you simply driving around the map and rolling into their base.

It's more about that the cancer battery fully counters with almost 100% accuracy your arty to take it out early on, when there are still no tanks around. When you have a nice unit composition and you have a good unit preservation you shouldn't have to take it off anymore. Perhaps to build a comet or a churchill, but that's it.
21 Apr 2016, 07:21 AM

Base-rush is possibly the best choice if there is a way to actually bypass the emplacement clusters
21 Apr 2016, 07:26 AM

anyone else notice that it also targets brummbar during auto fire?

Type of projectile brummbar uses is same as arty.

Same for dozer sherman.
21 Apr 2016, 07:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 21:27 PMGenObi
Its a powerful ability but not uncounterable, shoot and move.

Show me how to shoot and move with static arty pls xxx
21 Apr 2016, 07:48 AM

Replace counter barrage with 25 pounder emplacement, fixed.
21 Apr 2016, 08:02 AM

It's more about that the cancer battery fully counters with almost 100% accuracy your arty to take it out early on, when there are still no tanks around. When you have a nice unit composition and you have a good unit preservation you shouldn't have to take it off anymore. Perhaps to build a comet or a churchill, but that's it.

If they're building emplacements, they're spending a ton of resources on them. (280 mp for bofors, 250 for forward assembly, 400 mp for mortar pit etc) That means they're going to struggle to build up an actual army.

In the super ultra late game they can mindlessly leave it on, but at 4 cp's they certainly can't. (And if they do, you can take advantage of it.)
21 Apr 2016, 08:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 07:48 AMNEVEC
Replace counter barrage with 25 pounder emplacement, fixed.

Replacing it with arty spam is a nice idea actually.
21 Apr 2016, 08:33 AM

give them "wire and sandbag building time reduced for engineers. Infantry sections can now lay wire (and mines) engineers can now lay sandbags, too"

would be more emplacement like and fit more the style of the doctrine without being lame
21 Apr 2016, 08:41 AM

Replacing it with arty spam is a nice idea actually.

So ostheer and soviets allowed to have howitzer but ukf don't?

Isn't land matress and any other rocket artillery in any case better than any howitzer will be?
21 Apr 2016, 08:59 AM
Patrion 15

This is just another example of the reoccurring issues we've had throughout the life cycle of coh2.

Relic designed coh2 to supplement holes in faction design with commanders that are only reliably accessible through purchase. For example: Access to flamers locked behind commanders for UKF, USF, and OKW. The Calliope, Land Mattress, Pershing all filling major holes in their respective factions.

It can be argued that new commanders keep the game "fresh" but they have mostly diluted the game because so many have been largely useless/bloated from release. Others require players to purchase to keep up with the FOTM strats until they are nerfed (see OP). This has been discussed for years.

This is baked into the design of coh2 and has been the root of 3 years of New content > balance shitstorm > balance patch > more new content.

21 Apr 2016, 09:23 AM

Fix counter Barrage

Fix Forward Assembly self repair

make OKW lover happy again :foreveralone:
Phy
21 Apr 2016, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 21:27 PMGenObi
Its a powerful ability but not uncounterable, shoot and move.

:clap::clap::clap:
21 Apr 2016, 10:41 AM

Fix counter Barrage

Fix Forward Assembly self repair

make OKW lover happy again :foreveralone:

Even trying to counter the cancer with a mortar halftrack or mortars, panzerwerfer or LeFH won't break it and gets slaughtered by Counter barrage
21 Apr 2016, 10:49 AM

What I see is this commander ability is great at actually countering Axis meta. I don't understand why people still build arty and mortars vs the commander and not T3-stugs as Ostheer or t2-Puma fast T3-Pz4 as OKW.

This topic scare me a lot about you not being able to adapt to a certain situation. Emplacements can't do shit vs stugs, every time I go Stugs and everytime I destroy them. i force him to brace, destroy the forwarded assembly and then emplacements when brace ends.
21 Apr 2016, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 10:49 AMEsxile
What I see is this commander ability is great at actually countering Axis meta. I don't understand why people still build arty and mortars vs the commander and not T3-stugs as Ostheer or t2-Puma fast T3-Pz4 as OKW.

This topic scare me a lot about you not being able to adapt to a certain situation. Emplacements can't do shit vs stugs, every time I go Stugs and everytime I destroy them. i force him to brace, destroy the forwarded assembly and then emplacements when brace ends.

But as OKW you don't have access to Stug. From first 2 tiers, you can get only ISGs and Stuka since 251/17 and Puma are amost insta killed by Bofors.

The only problem is counter battery.
Had a game on faymonville. Enemy put Pit in the the middle and Bofors in front. I used it to my advantage and cap left and right side but still for few mins I could not do anything.
Finally I built med truck, took ISG, but it in base and start to shooting at Bofors. Few secs later Counter battery hit my base. BASE. It was like 2 shoots from ISG and I had to insta move to prevent losses. In 3-4 mins my med and rep station were brought to 50% HP because CB could target my base.

But yea, let's nefr HP bonus :foreveralone:
21 Apr 2016, 12:19 PM

But as OKW you don't have access to Stug. From first 2 tiers, you can get only ISGs and Stuka since 251/17 and Puma are amost insta killed by Bofors.

Puma cannot outrange Bofors? just a genius question.
21 Apr 2016, 12:20 PM

I actually watched Helping Hans get murdered today vs. Paul in a 1v1 (OKW v Brits). Paul built two Mortar Pits and the 2 Liegs Hans built to counter them got rekted by the Counter Barrage; while the Mortar Pits reduced Han's infantry to pieces. Yes even in 1v1 Cancer Regiment is incredibly frustrating to deal with.

It's not always even counter barrage, Mortar pit outranges basic Leig, until Leig gets vet it is vulnerable to regular mortar pit fire/useable barrage ability. (Go test it out on a cheat/testing map)

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 12:19 PMEsxile

Puma cannot outrange Bofors? just a genius question.

Puma's do out range Bofors, I have killed many a Bofors with a Puma.

But it is vulnerable to a fast AT gun or piat blob.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 13
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak