Login

russian armor

Why were snipers and flame units removed from US?

18 Apr 2016, 22:32 PM

The more and more I play COH2 the more I am beginning to dislike the game. I have already posted about rifle nades insta gibbing squads (or bringing them down to little to no health making them easily wiped out by the attacking squad) but why the removal of snipers and flame units? It seems that the only way to remove someone who masses MG squads is by constantly throwing away 60-90 munitions per since it railroads you into going grenades.....is there a more cost effective way to deal with an opponent who just spams MG squads?
18 Apr 2016, 22:38 PM
Donator 11

Its really just smoke and flank :D you have both nades and smoke nades on riflemen, its more than you need to kill mg. Vehicles are also available almost instantly.

And I dont really know what you mean by removal. USF in coh2 is completely different faction than in vcoh. They were designed from scratch. So there was no removal, they were never ment to have snipers.

Flame units are available, many doctrines have assault engineer squads with flamers. One also gives flamers to rear echelon.

And there is a pack howie, stock unit that gives you both: smoke and fire in one ability called white phosphorus barrage.
18 Apr 2016, 22:39 PM

What are you talking about? Instead of posting 2 new threads in a day, why not contribute to your active thread and learn about how to get better?

If you want some advice why not ask instead of saying game is completely out of balance. Post some replays, but please stop making these threads.
18 Apr 2016, 23:19 PM

This game doesn't seem about getting better, unless you want to pay for it which is really F*&king stupid. In order to be competitive it seems you have to shell out money for a premium commander doctrine ability.

@Ferwiner:

That's what I was saying is if there is a more cost effective way rather than using 60-90 munitions per MG squad....smoke and flank is all there is which is what I was saying is this game railroading me into doing so. Where as in COH1 I could use snipers, flame engi's or grenades if I wanted....there were several options at my disposal, so I was asking if there was something else other than grenades to take out mg's.
18 Apr 2016, 23:27 PM
Donator 11

This game doesn't seem about getting better, unless you want to pay for it which is really F*&king stupid. In order to be competitive it seems you have to shell out money for a premium commander doctrine ability.

@Ferwiner:

That's what I was saying is if there is a more cost effective way rather than using 60-90 munitions per MG squad....smoke and flank is all there is which is what I was saying is this game railroading me into doing so. Where as in COH1 I could use snipers, flame engi's or grenades if I wanted....there were several options at my disposal, so I was asking if there was something else other than grenades to take out mg's.

Yep, there is, almost every doctrine has something, for example the mortar ht is great. Like I said you also have quick access to tiers and units like m20, AAHT or stuart that quickly get rid of mgs. And at the end there is the pack howie, a better version of mortar that also works great. In first minutes before theese come on the field its enough to just space out 2 of your riflemen and attack the mg. If he has more than one in the area smoke may be needed but if its only one you are ok without it. Mg42s change sector of fire horribly slowly, without really quick retreat the risk of loosing mg to proper flank is huge. Generally, mg spam is no concern on most level of play, it is kind of suicidial to be honest.
18 Apr 2016, 23:49 PM

WHY DOES NO ONE USE THE STATE OFFICE

WHY DOES NO MOD EVER MOVE THEM THERE
18 Apr 2016, 23:55 PM

No you don't. Just play better.
19 Apr 2016, 00:09 AM

No you don't. Just play better.

Has nothing to do with playing better. It's hard to play better when your units are wiped out instantly. I like how people talk like you are only going up against 1 mg squad....there will be volks or other units to contend with, and yes just as fast as I can get access to vehicles, so can my opponent destroy them.
19 Apr 2016, 00:12 AM
Donator 11

If you ever got wiped by mg you must have the reflexes of a dead sloth :D And if you dont like the counterplay mechanic you should probably play singleplayer or different game.
19 Apr 2016, 00:51 AM

If you ever got wiped by mg you must have the reflexes of a dead sloth :D And if you dont like the counterplay mechanic you should probably play singleplayer or different game.

Again, it's NOT just the MG you deal with, it's other squads as well, why does everyone think that you will only be facing one MG squad? It's the combination of units that instantly kills your squads combined with instant death rifle nades.

However you are right, I am going to go back to COH1 since this game was a complete waste of money.
19 Apr 2016, 01:24 AM

The more and more I play COH2 the more I am beginning to dislike the game. I have already posted about rifle nades insta gibbing squads (or bringing them down to little to no health making them easily wiped out by the attacking squad) but why the removal of snipers and flame units? It seems that the only way to remove someone who masses MG squads is by constantly throwing away 60-90 munitions per since it railroads you into going grenades.....is there a more cost effective way to deal with an opponent who just spams MG squads?

Historically US didn't train Snipers... aside from that Relic purposefully designed WFA factions to not have Snipers and Flamers like the Vanilla factions, just doctrinal pseduo-Snipers AKA Pathfinders and JLI for OKW. USF never had flamers either aside from Rifle Company (which still has them on RE).

Regarding HMGs you have to get used to flanking (purposefully spread out your units and attack from multiple angles). You have the right idea with smoke but if you can get multiple squads attacking an HMG it'll go down fast. HMGs are often sitting it in predictable locations - hug edges of maps and take non-direct routes. Aside from that going LT for a fast M20 or AAHT can quickly for retreat HMGs off field - if your opponent is building multiple HMGs he has few screening troops or AT. You'll want to get Bazookas soon after for 222s. Another thing to keep in mind is to not bash your head against an HMG wall if you don't have to - cap around it and/or try to cut him off until you have the proper counter.

+1 on using the State office for advice - people tend to not like threads in the balance section that aren't really about balance :)

19 Apr 2016, 05:00 AM

The USF and OKW don't have snipers or flamers because the Panzer Elite and the British 1.0 didn't have snipers or flamers. :megusta:
19 Apr 2016, 05:08 AM

play card please
19 Apr 2016, 06:14 AM

Ok, this game is completely imbalanced, US cannot deal with mass OKW jeeps that capture in the beginning of the game. Seriously, make 4-5 jeeps, rush the US cutoff point and just drive around forcing them out of cover while pioneer squads cut them down. In come MG squads and that's game. This is the 4th game I have played this and I can't take points at all since you do no damage to OKW jeeps and if you do, the pio's will repair them right away.

You will lose the entire map early on....it's completely imbalanced since this is early and all you can make are rifles.
19 Apr 2016, 06:37 AM

10/10 would read again.

PS: i realized this was not a troll thread, and replied to you immediatly after.
19 Apr 2016, 06:47 AM

FYI: OKW don't have access to supression until 1 CP, and Kubels die in maybe 10 secs of focus fire from your riflemen. So until 1 CP, you can (and should) attack frontally, once MG34s come out, that's another story, but as other people said, you have the tools to get rid of them.

And versus Ostheer, you shouldn't have trouble in the early game, your riflemen win versus grenadiers at most ranges, there's only the MG42 you have to deal with (and the sniper behind it, usually).

And the super riflenades of nuclear death: each use puts the wehrmacht player 30 munis behind, and he BADLY needs lmg42s (60 ammo) on his grenadiers to be able to hold any kind of ground in infantry combat. They are not even remotely as potent as they used to be though, cover negates most of its damage. As much as i hate to say this, most of your issues are l2P ones: try to spectate a handful of USF high level games, where i'm sure you'll learn a trick or two ;) (and since your problems are early game related, you're able to scan a lot of games in a very short time). Don't forget to spectate the games that are the highest in the spectators list on page 1, at the end of page 1 most of games are very low tiers, page 2 is even worse.
19 Apr 2016, 06:53 AM

mate, post a replay of one of your loses againts OKW and surely, some guys here can help yo to find where did you went wrong, where are the problems in your build order and so on....

it is really the best thing you can do if you care about this game....

USF is not going to get snipers, USF is not going to get flamers as non-doc units....we just have to deal with it.

it could be great having those tools in the USF arsenal, but that´s not going to happen....

post a replay of your last game againts OKW and you´ll see how others in this community can help you to enjoy a bit more this game.

19 Apr 2016, 07:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2016, 06:53 AMFul4n0
mate, post a replay of one of your loses againts OKW and surely, some guys here can help yo to find where did you went wrong, where are the problems in your build order and so on....

it is really the best thing you can do if you care about this game....

USF is not going to get snipers, USF is not going to get flamers as non-doc units....we just have to deal with it.

it could be great having those tools in the USF arsenal, but that´s not going to happen....

post a replay of your last game againts OKW and you´ll see how others in this community can help you to enjoy a bit more this game.

Thanks Ful4n0 but I have already uninstalled the game after dealing with the OKW jeep spam with pios and mg's. I have watched high level replays and seen how other players play US and in all honesty they lose so many units it's not even funny. The game revolves around trying to micro your units which is fine, but once late game hits (Like COH1) Axis Armor always prevails, which is fine since US are supposed to have early game advantage, but when you take away that early game advantage.....

Also I tend to like to hear constructive responses that take all things into consideration, but I forget that these forums are filled with axis fanboys who just want an easy win. So before you call me a US fanboy, keep in mind I play all factions and when playing against a US player, if I lose it's cause I did something really stupid...Losing against Brits however is all on forward emplacements, but OKW seem to be able to get past that with mass T1 infantry rockets.
19 Apr 2016, 08:08 AM

USF has doctrinal flamer upgrade.
Snipers were never part of USF.. this is CoH2 not CoH1... different game.

Also you fight against MGs the same way as you do with OKW. OKW has only LeIG too.. USF has pack howi and smoke.
19 Apr 2016, 10:39 AM

Thanks Ful4n0 but I have already uninstalled the game after dealing with the OKW jeep spam with pios and mg's. I have watched high level replays and seen how other players play US and in all honesty they lose so many units it's not even funny. The game revolves around trying to micro your units which is fine, but once late game hits (Like COH1) Axis Armor always prevails, which is fine since US are supposed to have early game advantage, but when you take away that early game advantage.....

Also I tend to like to hear constructive responses that take all things into consideration, but I forget that these forums are filled with axis fanboys who just want an easy win. So before you call me a US fanboy, keep in mind I play all factions and when playing against a US player, if I lose it's cause I did something really stupid...Losing against Brits however is all on forward emplacements, but OKW seem to be able to get past that with mass T1 infantry rockets.

BB and HF
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS