Login

russian armor

OKW manpower hack

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
12 Apr 2016, 13:20 PM

Permanently Banned
Having one of the best close ranged unit in game as their starting unit, and their early game map control/point capturing requiring no fights or MP bleed (Thank you dumbass kubel), there arises a question as why they should start with such a high MP. 5 minutes in game, you will be facing around 4 volks, a kubel and the freebies sturms flanking your 2 HMGs and effectively killing your early game. If you manage to survive into early-mid game you might be able to build an AkhAkh which will be burnt and shrecked to ashes too.

Another thing that make this 'hack' possible is the reinforce cost of volkgrenadiers. Unlike PGrens and PTRS guys (DEDICATED AT unit with some decent AI), their reinforcement cost is hilariously cheap. They also can clear out buildings, deny cover and burn emplacements. So a unit with so much utility and sick long range effectiveness should cost much more to reinforce, in order to encourage tactical gameplay instead of the "Ok imaa build 4 volks, mop through cons/tommies and burn MGs and get shrecks eventually, lol".

Unless the designer has some sadistic (no offense just wondering) tendencies, they should start listening to the grieving of the community which has been going on since the release of WFA. Volks are definitely the most hated and annoying thing in this game and I think relic should drop this stubborn attitude and implement multiple nerfs and adjustments.

Some suggestions;

- Reduce their starting MP.
- Inc nades animation time increased.
- All free goodies should require separate teching
- SHreck stat profile mirrored from zook or swapped with PzB altogether.
- Sturmpioneers cost changes (Including reinf) reverted.
- Kubelwagon capping ability removed and the lmg34 stats improved, adding a fuel cost
Kri
12 Apr 2016, 13:35 PM

Please dont act like you are the voice of the community.

I _PERSONALLY_ think OKW is fine apart from the effectiveness of schreckblobs. Replacing the schreck with a panzerfaust would be a sufficient change.

- Reduce their starting MP
Why? Because OKW has early advantage? They lack midgame imo. This would be unbalanced if their early is equal to all the other factions.
Again, why? You can see volks before they are close enough to even throw a nade. There is your buffer to react. It also doesnt do much damage impact.
I think you are talking about the schrecks here?
Agree.
I dont know about the previous cost. Cant judge.
- Kubelwagon capping ability removed and the lmg34 stats improved, adding a fuel cost
Like adding surpression or just dmg? Because imo, it would become useless without surpression. I think its fine as it is because it doesnt live long anyway.
12 Apr 2016, 13:43 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2016, 13:35 PMKri
Please dont act like you are the voice of the community.
I am NOT. I am just reciting the major complaint fro the fans.

- Reduce their starting MP
Why? Because OKW has early advantage? They lack midgame imo. This would be unbalanced if their early is equal to all the other factions.
Their midgame is either a luchs or 2xISG which is faaar from a weack midgame
Again, why? You can see volks before they are close enough to even throw a nade. There is your buffer to react. It also doesnt do much damage impact.
So I should be always on the run whenever i smell a volk appraochign? Sounds like a bullshit game then.
I think you are talking about the schrecks here?
Shrecks, the nade and flak at minimum.

I dont know about the previous cost. Cant judge.
340/50 which was at the perfect spot for such a wipe machine
12 Apr 2016, 13:49 PM

Please stop talking about the necessity of factions having stronger parts of the game, it's about stronger initiative at early or mid, not power
12 Apr 2016, 13:52 PM

Welcome to the Forums, I guess.

Why not try the state office for tips of how to play against OKW? Why balance forum? Seriously there are some very good and helpful players around and I'm shure they'll help if you're struggling. Not everything USA balance issue.
12 Apr 2016, 14:33 PM

Some suggestions;

So you want to nerf the OKW early right? Let's see.

- Starting MP is not the problem, reducing it just delay OKW early infantry. 1 Sturmpio faces two squads is not funny at all, OKW will be outgunned easily.
- Inc nades cost 45 ammo for their fast animation, any average player with decent micro can avoid it easily. But introducing side tech for inc nade would be welcomed.
- All free goodies teching was neccessary, Relic is about to implement this when "Reorganization" occurs.
- I rather have two Panzerbunsches than a streck that causing damage like bazooka.
- Two sturmpio is not that hard to counter unless it is urban warfare. What I want to change is removing their repair rate bonus(with cheap kit) that bring KT back to the field within seconds.
- No thanks, their lmg is extremely deadly to team weapon already. How much fuel you want to add? 5? With OKW scavenge that's meaningless you know?
12 Apr 2016, 14:53 PM

I think you missed him suggesting you seek help before making weird balance threads with clickbait titles

Thanks for understanding my intention. Guess I wasn't clear enough! ;)

@OP: Seriously mate, insulting me as a fanboy while I was just trying to point out to you that it maybe, just maybe is a fault on your end and not a balance issue is kinda rude. You know maybe it would help yourself and a lot of us other players if you'd just point out your issue you had in game with OKW and ask for help from more experienced players instead of making threads about how OP this and that unit really is.
12 Apr 2016, 15:40 PM

-L2P

-Seek help in forums rather than whine and declare nerf/hack when you are brand new to the forums.

-I didn't elect you to be my voice and I am sure the thousands of other COH2 players didn't either.

-Playercard Please
12 Apr 2016, 16:26 PM

-L2P

-Seek help in forums rather than whine and declare nerf/hack when you are brand new to the forums.

-I didn't elect you to be my voice and I am sure the thousands of other COH2 players didn't either.

-Playercard Please

Pretty much this. There's a lot of things you suggest that is over the top and hardly something I can find myself backing up.

Also, in regards of your suggestions, I will list my opinions on them. I don't agree with a lot of the things you assume we are complaining about. You don't eve have statistics to back up that we are all complaining about it.

They don't start off with an amassing army of doom. What is the appropriate amount? Should they be 1 to 2 out-manned by Allies so there's no potential early game for them at all? They don't even start with HMG to stop blobs. Income is what you might want to focus on but that's hardly something worth validating since manpower income limitation sounds like a terrible thing to balance.

Yeah, it's a pretty stronk nade but the price is quite high up there. Every nade tossed is half the time they could be stocking up for schrecks instead. Instead of having to complain about these, may as well just suggest to revert back to an agreeable reduction for fuel and ammunition income so the choice of either spamming nades or getting shrecks fall into consideration.

They're not incredibly powerful units, mind you. Reinforcement time makes it a rather timely business to bring back to health and the notorious four man model means quick dps drop off as soon as one or two model drops.They only perform well if you give them a chance to flank, which may create the illusion that they over perform. The squad price is also enough compensation if any for their efficiency.

So you want to go back to the glorious age where you can drive kubels to cut off points as soon as the game starts so allies can't even have a start game? Or do you want an early vehicle that ignores suppression and can deal significant damage in return? I'd much rather just fight a flimsy car that can capture. One mine or a good focus fire means 240 manpower down the drain.
12 Apr 2016, 16:47 PM

I mostly disagree. Just those sturmpios as a starting unit are quite a BS. They can basically quick rush opponent's fuel and lock it down while capping their own as well.
12 Apr 2016, 16:49 PM
Donator 11

Does OKW need changes still? yea kinda.

Side tech needs to be a thing for OKW,Nades, shrecks, and mech engins should all be side tech. They should be on the same price level as allies factions such as Molos and weapon racks. Muni price should stay relatively the same respectively.

Kubal should not cap at 15% faster and maybe at a 5% rate as now they are no longer "fuel starved" and get a normal MP income. Unit would still be better at capping than other units but still be fair and a good harassment tool.

Mech engineers should be priced around 100- 150mp as an upgrade. Should be an alternative to getting more sturmpios at 300mp.

These changes aren't specifically to nerf OKW, I dont want them to be useless in 1v1 but I want them to have to pay costs that are close to what allied factions have to pay for the same tool.

1 other changes thats out of the blue would be to reduce Jagtiger range to match other Heavy TD's but thats a different post discussion

Edit: these are my views on the issue and are not to be taken as hard changes and should be expected to be play tested.
12 Apr 2016, 16:58 PM

Make the Kubel's capping speed normal and I think it will be perfectly fine.
12 Apr 2016, 17:06 PM

Negative ghost rider. OKW is fine and finally after so long is soooo close to being a well balance faction.

Personally i think just removing the shreck from the volks is all that needs to be done.
Kri
12 Apr 2016, 17:31 PM

So I should be always on the run whenever i smell a volk appraochign? Sounds like a bullshit game then.

You would stay at the same spot even though the animation time would be increased? If you have a mobile unit, you have plenty of time to respond. Static units should be wary when it comes to volks.

Shrecks, the nade and flak at minimum.

This would, in my opinion, mean that the fuel prices of the schwerer tanks should be reduced(after the price increase few patches back). They are pretty expensive if you get a luchs, puma or stuka first.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2016, 17:06 PMGenObi

Personally i think just removing the shreck from the volks is all that needs to be done.

How would you buff OKW's AT capabilities? Raketten arent reliable AT. Cant go for Puma every match and Jagpanzer, P4 or Panther are far away.
12 Apr 2016, 17:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

"hack":facepalm:
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias