Login

russian armor

Improving the T-34 Ram

6 Apr 2016, 19:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Since 2014 (when i start play CoH 2) i see only 1 crazy man, who used this ability - me ^_^ . And only for fun.
6 Apr 2016, 19:44 PM

The entire reason ram was nerfed in the first place was due to the fact that the T34 was being used as a ram platform instead of as a tank. While ram could certainly be made more reliable/less RNG dependent I think the core issue is still that the T34 isn't currently doing it's job as a medium tank thanks to its late arrival time and poor main gun performance. I'd rather see the T34's performance improved than see it turned back into a tank you only build because you need to ram a tiger ace.
6 Apr 2016, 19:59 PM

Ram is fine, it's a niche ability and that's exactly how it should stay. If the T34-76 needs other buffs, then it should get then in more sensible ways. I still remember the days of the beta for the original CoH2, when T34 ram was a perfectly valid and common way of taking out a Panther or a Tiger. It was stupid and I'm glad Ram no longer works like that. Just imagine how clowny Coh2 would be if Ram was anything like as reliable and safe as you propose.
7 Apr 2016, 07:14 AM

To ram, or not to ram? Not to ram. Mostly an annoying ability from a tank that is mostly usable for trolling the opponent. While a vet 3 T-34/76 is not impossible to achieve, it's sometimes really hard because that thing just can't hit anything. And a vet 1/2/3 T-34/76 doesen't feel any different from a fresh one. Hell, the most reliable way of getting some vet on this poor vehicle is just running over some infantry and hoping they can't faust you to have a pak or similar do the rest. Leave ramming ability as is and adjust T-34's veterancy and give it a small buff to it's AI capacity. At it's current state a T-70 is much better and can take a similar amout of schreck shots and costs less. And I'm not even going to take into account that you can build a MUCH better doctrinal T-34 from the same tier building.
7 Apr 2016, 07:23 AM

I sometimes use this ability with my badly-damaged vehicle as last resort to prevent enemy from escaping or destroy them.
I never expect RAM would actually do any critical hit, for me it's just a Cons AT-nades for tank.

Why not make what it is now and increase the dmg
7 Apr 2016, 07:39 AM

Ram is one of the most idiotic abilities in the game in my opinion.
Despite a statue at the museum of the tank battle of Prochorowka there is no evidence that ram has ever been a useful battle tactic and I'm pretty sure that the statue means something like "our glorious T-34 have overthrown the evil Nazi tiger" and not that they really did ram the German tank.

(The Tiger would have been way too heavy to tilt because of that tiny T-34).

The T-34 could have been one of the most interesting units in the game, now it's one of the worst.
Make the T-34/85 upgrade unlockable just like the 105mm Sherman from vCoH. Let conscripts ride the tanks.

But no. We have ram and we have the ability to capture points. Awesome.
7 Apr 2016, 08:05 AM

Despite a statue at the museum of the tank battle of Prochorowka there is no evidence that ram has ever been a useful battle tactic and I'm pretty sure that the statue means something like "our glorious T-34 have overthrown the evil Nazi tiger" and not that they really did ram the German tank.

The T-34 could have been one of the most interesting units in the game, now it's one of the worst.
Make the T-34/85 upgrade unlockable just like the 105mm Sherman from vCoH. Let conscripts ride the tanks.

2 points
First, lots of tanks including KV-1 and T-34 were using Ram as tactic at early phase of Operation Barbarrosa because lack of Ammunition and their superior Armour, there were even awards to those tankmen and pilots (one Ace even rammed 4 times and survived) officially.

Second, in vCOH the upgrade of Sherman is 3-inch gun and that's 76.2 mm M1A1
7 Apr 2016, 08:19 AM

During the war was more than 60 tank rams:

but yes, we need a good tank, instead suicide ability
7 Apr 2016, 10:56 AM

Joke, not a ram.

39:53, ramming straight into ass - crew shock for KT, enginge and main gun for T34/85 lel.

It should have X% for ceratin crits, not matter if it is Pz4 or KT and maybe it should work both ways.

If RNG decides for main gun, both tanks get main gun crit, if engine damage, both get it.

7 Apr 2016, 11:27 AM

Permanently Banned
RAM need change or remove, coz now he are usefull (in 2013 it was broken too), waht the dumb ability to lose you tank (now after raming) but not save.
10 Apr 2016, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2016, 12:42 PMl4hti
The fourth option: make t34 viable and remove this silly ability

This.

If you want to buff ram, keep damage gun but allow it to move afterwards since it will probably die anyways so at least give it some maneuverability
10 Apr 2016, 13:23 PM

In current state it is useless in 90% of situations, it just occupy ability slot on T-34.
10 Apr 2016, 17:38 PM

Ram is neat, I used it yesterday vs a panther to secure the kill, I lost my vetted t34 but its junk anyways so it was more than a worthwhile trade, ive used it many times in pvp vs all sorts of vehicles, including a Jt that I didn't want to get away from my il-2 bomb. I agree it should only be used as a last ditch ability, however you should expect to lose the t34, as such it could be a wee bit better imo (something that is going to cost 80fuel and 300 manpower shouldn't be as unpredictable (noy exactly esport worthy when it can do nothing OR completely condem the target). Ive been a champion of the idea that ram should scale by target size (like the stat that determines received accuracy) the effects would be relative to the t34 target size and guaranteed (read predictable) the base effect (a t34 ramming another t34) would crew shock for 7 seconds, injur gunner and deal light engine damage and it would go from there. Also if a miss is to retain the engine overheat crit on a miss I propose that it be changed from a target ability to a skill shot for added utility.
10 Apr 2016, 18:39 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Here we go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5a4MfzN1Ng

Ram is fucking useless unless you're going to die.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment