Login

russian armor

HOW to FIX MG's in this game

4 Apr 2016, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2016, 20:34 PMaaa

Or low accuracy at distance. Zis is often used as AI and misses ussualy at long range. So 30% chance for rifle nade hit the target at long range seems fair.

NO! More stupid rng=worse game

Just make nade sound more quiet and give nade a timer.
4 Apr 2016, 21:59 PM

I'll keep this short, since most of my points are best proven in the 1vs1 (so yes, i accept that invite to be clear).

I would only like to say that pointing out someone is wrong is not "flinging shit"

That would be acusing someone of trolling, like aaa just did.

oh and the build time addition is nice, but only hampers you for the first few minutes/seconds
If you are to discourage spam, i would rather increase popcap.

Awesome. :)

I don't have a problem being corrected I just meant instead of arguing about if it needs changes or not it's better to talk about what changes might be.

It's meant to be very small. I'm not a fan of large changes.
4 Apr 2016, 22:55 PM

i like the suggestions in the original post, if i may also add..

there should be a button on all MGs that when you click it the machine gun MANUALLY reloads so it is as ready as it can be when an engagement will happen, otherwise machineguns sometimes will be almost out of ammo and not do anything about it until they run out of ammo in a tactically unfortunate time.

This.
So much this
5 Apr 2016, 15:02 PM

6 man support teams was flawed when the game was released and its still flawed today.

so true. Many times a 6 men crew like a mortar or MG one just doesnt care if they are in a melee fight with an enemy infantry squad and happily keep fireing or dropping mortar shells elsewhere. It's ridiculous how long it takes to wear them down with a standard inf unit. They should be 5 men maximum, maybe even lower - or higher target size for representing lower firefight skills. Of course this is a general issue, not just a Maxim one.
5 Apr 2016, 21:07 PM

Buff scripts and penals when nerfing(?) maxim otherwise USSR are buggered.
6 Apr 2016, 12:18 PM

Six man teams are not much of an advantage, the soviet mortar is extremely slow and far worse than the Wehr one, 2 good hits will kill it, same goes for the Axis support teams.

And don't forget that Maxims don't teleport when retreating, they get wiped so easily because of this, also nuke nade usually kills the the Maxim off completely in one blow, OKW flame nade forces it to retreat as well in most cases.

Conscripts desperately need a damage buff, Penals could use some additional accuracy (I mean they got pretty damn good rifles), then the Maxim setup time could maybe be delayed for 0,5 or 1 second.
6 Apr 2016, 14:03 PM
Donator 11

Decrease damage, increase suppression, make fire arc the same for all guns, make gun not get dropped on model death.

Limiting amount of unit a person can build is silly and reduces available tactical options and strats available to players. At the same time maxim spam shows us that solv t1 and t0 are borked and need a core inf unit that is viable to play with.
7 Apr 2016, 11:59 AM

YMMV with MGs against infantry because infantry don't actually get suppressed until given a new move command.
If you keep giving orders to the unit while under fire, they will drop to the ground once that suppression its. The only thing that breaks this is being pinned, as it disables the abilities.

I don't believe this is true. I've definitely seen infantry get suppressed with my giving them further orders. It's just that grenades are still available to suppressed units (not pinned). They an be suppressed before you give the grenade order, and it will work fine. And that explains the ability to move in with the intention of grenading as you described.
7 Apr 2016, 15:10 PM

Meanwhile. 50 cal and Dshk still crying in the corner.
7 Apr 2016, 15:29 PM

Meanwhile. 50 cal and Dshk still crying in the corner.

What is the problem with Dshk again ?
7 Apr 2016, 15:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What is the problem with Dshk again ?

Seems fine to me aside from how the AP rounds are trayush.
7 Apr 2016, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2016, 15:33 PMVuther

Seems fine to me aside from how the AP rounds are trayush.

Who cares when the non AP rapes infantry like no other MG's
7 Apr 2016, 15:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Who cares when the non AP rapes infantry like no other MG's

Bad options should either be removed or made good, all there is to it.
7 Apr 2016, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2016, 15:37 PMVuther

Bad options should either be removed or made good, all there is to it.

you can still damage/kill light vehicule with AP round, so its good :)
7 Apr 2016, 16:55 PM

At the same time maxim spam shows us that solv t1 and t0 are borked and need a core inf unit that is viable to play with.

The problem with t1 started when Relic divorced elite infantry from the T1 structure and made them call ins.

If you needed t1 to build shocktroops/guard rifles it would get used way way more.
7 Apr 2016, 17:01 PM

I don't believe this is true. I've definitely seen infantry get suppressed with my giving them further orders. It's just that grenades are still available to suppressed units (not pinned). They an be suppressed before you give the grenade order, and it will work fine. And that explains the ability to move in with the intention of grenading as you described.

Oh they'll get the suppression icon for sure, and maybe a squad member or two drops to the ground, but the guy told to throw a nade won't always do this. Now if that guy dies, the squad reroutes its plan and gets suppressed. It's one of those things glitchy things that hasn't had a workaround or kludge to address, but the animations for squad entities don't always kick in at the appropriate time.

Shortening range when suppressed would actually go a long way to helping this, because it closes the (rather big) window for infantry to saunter up to nade throwing range despite suppression.
7 Apr 2016, 17:04 PM

The problem with t1 started when Relic divorced elite infantry from the T1 structure and made them call ins.

If you needed t1 to build shocktroops/guard rifles it would get used way way more.

Interestingly enough, Penal Battalions were originally designed to be replaced by Guards or Shocks. Doctrine choice used to outright replace Penal Battalions. This might also be a contributing factor as to why Penals have been in an awkward spot, especially in respect to Guards and Shocks.
8 Apr 2016, 00:10 AM

MGs are mostly fine. Maxim could do with a slight cost increase, MG42 could suppress a little quicker, otherwise it's fine. The real problems MGs face is how easily they are countered.

Firstly, every mainline infantry unit (the very unit MGs are supposed to counter) has an ability that can counter MGs from the front. Whether it's oorah-ing through the cone of fire or sweeping it aside with rifle grenades, if you send enough infantry in you can defeat an MG in a frontal assault. Defeating MGs with infantry alone should require a flank or surprise attack. This tendency for units to have abilities to 'counter their counter' is a problem with CoH2 in general and infantry gameplay in particular.

Second issue is strength of indirect relative to how early it comes out. With things like the walking stuka, 120mm mortar, su76 etc. coming out relatively early the window in which MGs are useful is greatly diminished. It's hard to get much use out of your MGs when they get bombed out of existence before you can react.
10 Apr 2016, 12:42 PM

if we are on the topic of MG42s, remove/nerf the vet1 ability. One of the counters to MG42s are light vehicles which get DESTROYED by the vet 1 ability. Also you have to pay attention to the MG crew reloading the rounds so you don't even get an overhead icon of the rounds in effect. Lastly, allies don't even have anything close to this ability for their MGs.

Allow the vet1 ability to kill inf but keep it from doing damage to light armor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★