Login

russian armor

Improved Emplacements Commander

PAGES (11)down
31 Mar 2016, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 07:16 AMpugzii

"cap around him" this doesn't work on 90% of maps. Mortar/Bofors barrage usually still in range.

"Dont let him get to entrenched easily". Once the first bofors is up there is nothing you can do to stop it multiplying since you wont have the tools yet.

"Brummbar or Jp4 will chew up emplacements very quickly." I don't know what level you play at, but I'd advise you to play a top 50 brit player who uses this strat and you will quickly find out why they don't work.

Sure it does. Mortar pit won't stop you from capping , stand on the edge of the cap zone and he has zero vision of you. Once you neutralize the territory it's irrelevant. Bofors barrage has a relatively small Aoe and you can avoid it if you are paying attention due to the long time it takes for it to hit.

Getting the first bofors up requires him to win atleast two engagements. Once he DOES get it up you do need to pull back and play defensively. Keep in mind that the bofors can only cover a relatively small area with its attack and a medium one with the barrage. (Which requires a unit inside the bofors or for him to spend 250 manpower on a forward assembly.) Essentially, that's two squads worth of manpower committed defensively. You can leverage that ~500 manpower differential to overwhelm him elsewhere on the map.

I mostly play players in the top 100-200, although admittedly I haven't played a ton of games against this sort of strategy.
31 Mar 2016, 00:14 AM

"It's what Brad used to do. Didn't end in the most funny way for him..."

I didn't agree with the criticism of Brad some some sectors of the community. The devs and balance testers etc have all the data where those moaning and whingeing only have their results to work from.

Kyle's reaction seemed to be more one of bemusement that anyone had such a problem, indeed he asked A_E to explain - which he did with reference to 4v4 comp stomps.

Note that for anyone who didn't watch the stream Kyle didn't specifically say learn to play, but did point out the weaknesses and that no-one had ever used the commander to win competitions or high level games. I think his exact words were that he just couldn't see it being OP.

Neo
31 Mar 2016, 00:28 AM

"It's what Brad used to do. Didn't end in the most funny way for him..."

I didn't agree with the criticism of Brad some some sectors of the community. The devs and balance testers etc have all the data where those moaning and whingeing only have their results to work from.

Kyle's reaction seemed to be more one of bemusement that anyone had such a problem, indeed he asked A_E to explain - which he did with reference to 4v4 comp stomps.

Note that for anyone who didn't watch the stream Kyle didn't specifically say learn to play, but did point out the weaknesses and that no-one had ever used the commander to win competitions or high level games. I think his exact words were that he just couldn't see it being OP.

Sorry, I didn't realise such a simple thing needed explaining.

What actually happened on the stream with regard to this commander was as follows:

- Kyle said that he watched ESL and the commander wasn't being used/did not pose a problem when used. From this he concluded that it's not a problem, ignoring everyone in the chat who was trying to explain that it's an issue in 2v2+.

- A_E then jumped in with his comments, differentiating between the hardcore 1v1 ESL players and the "once-a-week 4v4" players. He explained that in his view 4v4 will never be balanced and the 4v4 players should just not take the game so seriously, thereby completely ignoring the 95% of the community who fall squarely in between these two extremes, i.e. regular players who play a mix of game modes.

- Kyle then attempted to explain how to counter this commander, which came down to "be aggressive". It's not bad advice but it's not a hard counter to this commander and isn't always possible.

To address your point that "devs and balance testers have all the data" - this is true, but Kyle was not talking about data, he was dismissive of the concerns expressed here and in the stream chat on the basis of "I watched ESL 1v1s". This is not data, this is someone who knows very little about how the game works demonstrating their poor grasp of the subject in question.
31 Mar 2016, 00:43 AM

Merely a matter of perceptions old chap..

Devs have the big picture, the 4v4 comp stompers have a very small one.

Bunching fists, stomping feet and assuming that anyone who disagrees is a noob or clueless is merely a result of a narrow perspective. :)

Assuming that devs and the like are noobs, clueless or involved in the great conspiracy to make the Brits unbeatable is just another form of foot stomping....
31 Mar 2016, 01:52 AM

Merely a matter of perceptions old chap..

Devs have the big picture, the 4v4 comp stompers have a very small one.

Bunching fists, stomping feet and assuming that anyone who disagrees is a noob or clueless is merely a result of a narrow perspective. :)

Assuming that devs and the like are noobs, clueless or involved in the great conspiracy to make the Brits unbeatable is just another form of foot stomping....

Hey guess what people got told when the Tiger Ace was still in it's old glory :snfPeter::snfPeter:
31 Mar 2016, 01:54 AM

This commander was a resignation of the balance team
31 Mar 2016, 02:12 AM

Improved emplacements commander = two weeks notice
31 Mar 2016, 05:34 AM

Could nerf the Emplacement Commander, then finally buff the other British commanders so that they are actually viable!
31 Mar 2016, 09:39 AM

Give Counter Arty to Royal Artillery and maybe that commander will be usable.
31 Mar 2016, 14:53 PM

Hey does counter arty benefits from Anvil upgrade (Shells turn to shrapnel)?
31 Mar 2016, 14:56 PM

For me, it is completely irrelevant whether the Emplacements Commander is OP or UP. It just drags the game out for much longer than it should and makes the game completely unfun regardless of whether:
- You are fighting vs Sim City
- You happen to be the teammate of somebody that is using Sim City

(I don't have the Sim City commander; it doesn't seem like an interesting commander to play as)

It feels that there is no other commander/mechanic in the game currently that dictates the pacing of the game and teching decisions of your opponents/allies more than the Sim City commander.

Others have said it better than me:

This commander is not fun to play against, is inconsistent (some maps its too strong, and on others it just means Simcity in a corner), and it completely defeats the point of well thought out play.

For sure this commander and the emplacements in general, need to be re-examined to encourage the active game COH2 needs to be.

Asking is the commander OP is the wrong question. Is the commander providing a better COH2 experience? And I think the obvious answer there is 100% no, never. So it needs to be looked at.

and here, again:

This commander makes teamgames boring and static. I've been playing 2s this week and 80% of these games would be over in 15 mins but because of this commander it takes an hour long struggle to tear down a n00b's sim city while to whole game is about dodging counter-arty :sibToxic:

Sure, there are setpiece strategies out there that people can use to counter the Sim City commander. However, is there anybody that thinks that people will continue to feel inclined to queue up as Axis in 1v1 if they are forced to repeat the exact same 30-minute counter-strat over and over again -- regardless of the opponents skill level?
31 Mar 2016, 15:58 PM

To everyone who says this doc is an issue in 4v4;

None of you have any fuking clue so stfu. This doc is actually absolutely useless in 4v4, why? Because the counter battery range doesn't reach to where it should in big 4v4 maps cause of its 250 range, and most strength of this doc becomes useless. So please update ur knowledge before talking shit about balance.
31 Mar 2016, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2016, 15:58 PMAladdin
To everyone who says this doc is an issue in 4v4;

None of you have any fuking clue so stfu. This doc is actually absolutely useless in 4v4, why? Because the counter battery range doesn't reach to where it should in big 4v4 maps cause of its 250 range, and most strength of this doc becomes useless. So please update ur knowledge before talking shit about balance.

Still got off-map to erase any 105s/pak43s that happen to be out of counter-arty's range.
31 Mar 2016, 19:05 PM

Still got off-map to erase any 105s/pak43s that happen to be out of counter-arty's range.

You mean just like recon + dive bomb erase my B-4 which should counter Elephant? :luvDerp:
31 Mar 2016, 19:14 PM

You mean just like recon + dive bomb erase my B-4 which should counter Elephant? :luvDerp:

They may have a similar off map ability that can guarantee a wipe on static units but none of the commanders with the stuka dive bomb have an ability that wipes or requires your enemy to move all of his indirect fire units for absolutely free so the allies can actually fire a mortar on a Wehrmacht mg bunker or an OKW truck without being destroyed
31 Mar 2016, 19:28 PM

I'd be happy if counter battery cost 300 munitions every-time to use it
31 Mar 2016, 19:28 PM

Never go full retard.
1 Apr 2016, 00:33 AM

Never go full retard.

Never!
1 Apr 2016, 01:11 AM

^these aussies shitposters :D
1 Apr 2016, 01:30 AM

Maybe counter arty should drain ammo. for every minute a artillery piece is active it should drain 5 ammo, Thus if the player chooses to keep 2 arty on artillery counter it should drain 10 ammo a minute If ammo gets depleted the counter arty cancels, Further to activate counter arty you need to pay a cost of 25 ammo per artillery each time. When you deactivate/ or gets deactivated, Arty counter will be on cooldown activation for 120 seconds.

*instead of constant ammo drain. 5 ammo per shot ?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight