Login

russian armor

Improved Emplacements Commander

PAGES (11)down
Is the Improved Emplacements Commander balanced?
Option Distribution Votes
8%
7%
15%
22%
48%
Total votes: 211
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 Mar 2016, 13:03 PM

I know there is another thread about the Emplacement Commander, but it doesn´t contain a poll. I would like to see what the general opinion is about the improved emplacements. The other thread does not offer that.
24 Mar 2016, 13:17 PM

For the Price, strength, and no micro to use is it totally OP. You have to bring a whole army to take cancerous emplacements down. :sibToxic:
Phy
24 Mar 2016, 13:18 PM

You mean cancer commander?

+1 BlackKorp plus makes the game totally boring.
24 Mar 2016, 13:24 PM

Okay, I included that option. But who voted for "the commander is totally underpowered". I would like to have an explanation. :D
24 Mar 2016, 13:37 PM

It's annoying and doesn't fit CoH's gameplay (emplacements in general don't).
I have yet to face a good player using it so I can't say for sure how 'balanced' it is. I don't think that term even applies here. It's bad more than unbalanced.
24 Mar 2016, 13:46 PM

To be honest, its just out of the water.

Beside that emplacemnts don't fit in the style how coh is played and that it seems relic has nothing learnd from coh1.

1. It's just brain afk to give a unit the ability to reduce the incoming dmg by 95% (brace), at least it feels like 95% and is while that nearly untoucheable.

2. That was not enough, just place a forward base next to it which repairs the stuff automatically. It's not possiable to do serious indirect dmg to it.

3. I really try to be civil but WTF repairs the forward base itself? that's more as dumb...

4. Indirect fire, Mortars, ISG, Stuka etc. gets counterd by a bunch of things, like Bofors indirect fire, Mortar Pit with a range of 115 which counters every team weapon and forces trying to make ground.

But that was not enough again, when you reach 5 Cp, 2 Baseartillerys will also counter every Indirect Unit and covers almost the entire map.

5. to make it even harder and more annoying you can upgrade all your structures with more hp/armor

So now i came on the idea to use leFH 18, because it can counter, gets easy denied by precision strike and you have also thrown your 600 mp howitzer.

To don't create such a wall of text, what it says is just uncounterable, could list a lot of things more which makes the game just no fun atm. :sibToxic:
24 Mar 2016, 13:52 PM

Only counter battery needs some tweak like ammo cost or timer on it.

PS

Funny how you say LeFH could be countered but it's deleted by off map...

But wait! What's the counter for OKW Med+Schwerer+ISGs? Yep, ML-20! Oh but it's ereased by off map as well...
24 Mar 2016, 13:57 PM

Totally overpowered, as seen in the ESL. It was so boring watching all the top players going for emplacement spam with cancer commander. The winner of the tournament was basically decided by who won the coin-toss to choose Brits first. Clearly a totally overpowered commander. No wonder the ESL decided to cancel future business with COH2 with all the top players abusing cancer emplacements to win 1300 euros. I mean, I get that 1300 euro is a lot of money, especially for players from poorer countries where 1300 euros is equal to multiple month salaries, but did you all have to abuse cancer emplacements that much?
24 Mar 2016, 13:58 PM

Aerohank, Austrailian Magic and Kaitof defending emplacement meta still... :hansGASM:

Fanbois = bad for coh2.
24 Mar 2016, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 13:58 PMGdot
Aerohank, Austrailian Magic and Kaitof defending emplacement meta still... :hansGASM:

Fanbois = bad for coh2.

I don't have the commander. I have only played against it both in 1v1s and in team games and I have yet to lose against it.

I don't consider something that I can consistently beat 'overpowered' just because I don't fancy the play-style.
24 Mar 2016, 14:05 PM

I don't have the commander. I have only played against it both in 1v1s and in team games and I have yet to lose against it.

This is exactly the definition of fanboi. You don't have it the commander, you won a game against it so its clearly balanced, but most importantly you three musketeers sit on the forums all day incessantly defending it because its an allied unit. Its the same story with you three, its very detrimental to balance when 3 forum warriors constantly push their allied agenda and dilute issues.
24 Mar 2016, 14:06 PM

Not 1 game. Every game. Learn to read please.
24 Mar 2016, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 14:05 PMGdot

This is exactly the definition of fanboi. You don't have it the commander, you won a game against it so its clearly balanced, but most importantly you three musketeers sit on the forums all day incessantly defending it because its an allied unit. Its the same story with you three, its very detrimental to balance when 3 forum warriors constantly push their allied agenda and dilute issues.

Huh... So I guess thread about maxim spam being OP made by me had it's goal in buffing maxim?
24 Mar 2016, 14:08 PM

Huh... So I guess thread about maxim spam being OP made by me had it's goal in buffing maxim?

Thats like saying you had a diet coke so you can eat whatever you want now...

Sometimes the three musketeers make good points, but the amount of garbage you three spew just to advance the allied agenda outweighs it, imo.
24 Mar 2016, 14:09 PM

Totally overpowered, as seen in the ESL. It was so boring watching all the top players going for emplacement spam with cancer commander. The winner of the tournament was basically decided by who won the coin-toss to choose Brits first. Clearly a totally overpowered commander. No wonder the ESL decided to cancel future business with COH2 with all the top players abusing cancer emplacements to win 1300 euros. I mean, I get that 1300 euro is a lot of money, especially for players from poorer countries where 1300 euros is equal to multiple month salaries, but did you all have to abuse cancer emplacements that much?

Care to elaborate?
24 Mar 2016, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 14:08 PMGdot

Thats like saying you had a diet coke so you can eat whatever you want now...

Sometimes the three musketeers make good points, but the amount of garbage you three spew just to advance the allied agenda outweighs it, imo.

OK then...

Maxim spam, Railway being UP, Croc being OP, Double LMG Rifles/Tommies being OP, Valiant Assault being UP, Off-map with Falsch being UP... Shall I go on?
24 Mar 2016, 14:13 PM

Only counter battery needs some tweak like ammo cost or timer on it.

PS

Funny how you say LeFH could be countered but it's deleted by off map...

But wait! What's the counter for OKW Med+Schwerer+ISGs? Yep, ML-20! Oh but it's ereased by off map as well...

I say that the combination of the doctrin even counters the only thing that can do some dmg. So if you are around here to act like mr. gernius, you may should annoy elswhere and not here :)
24 Mar 2016, 14:17 PM
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
Germany 809
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L