Login

russian armor

Improved Emplacements Commander

PAGES (11)down
26 Mar 2016, 19:54 PM

Wut? What tank's gun has to it? You pay to unlock new units, not for flak gun.
You pay to unlock Cromwell, not 25 pounder.

Howie is just extra, just like flak gun.

But Schwerer price isn't "higher" becasue of flak gun. It's perfectly fine.
But according to you 100MP+15F + 200MP+25F for med truck has hidden price for medics and unlocking schrecks?

If you want to get access to Panther, as OKW you must pay at least 600MP 175F, as OST (with T3 skip) 840MP 235F.

So where is this hidden, unfair cost for flak gun?
26 Mar 2016, 20:02 PM

You don't pay to unlock new units. That's a statement without base. You pay for what you get.

It's the same as saying 'If you buy a tank you buy it for it's hull, not for it's gun.'

There's no evidence for it. You can't say from 120 fuel 100% go towards unlocking units and 0% towards flak gun because you cannot prove that.

Anyway, this isn't a thread about the Flakgun but about the Commander. And I think everyone is clear that it's an op cancer.
26 Mar 2016, 20:06 PM

So if I pay over 200 fuel for 25 pounders why they suck? :foreveralone:

I like how you are avoiding answers :megusta:
26 Mar 2016, 20:12 PM

So if I pay over 200 fuel for 25 pounders why they suck? :foreveralone:

I like how you are avoiding answers :megusta:

Because they are not supposed to be good. You pay 200 fuel for the tier AND 25 pounders. Imagine if those 200 fuel were just for a low tier. You would get a bad deal. That's not acceptable.

Not all costs are the same.

Why do tommies cost so much mp when they suck without their 5th man? Because they are supposed to suck without their 5th man.

Also things don't suck so much with counterbattery :snfPeter:
26 Mar 2016, 20:12 PM

Counterbattery in its current inception is the only reason why Base Howitzers even exist. Noone uses them normally.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2016, 18:23 PMDomine
One of the biggest mistakes was to give UKF brace.

Its likely because The British Forces in CoH1 were the weakest faction in the game, cause emplacements without a Brace-like mechanic get walked over easily.

You need this, or a similar mechanic to make Emplacements hold their own.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2016, 18:23 PMDomine
We have a faction called Ostheer that's supposed to be pure defensive.

Ostheer has always been themed around its Support Weapons. Its HMG, Mortar, Sniper, AT Gun are all amazing compared to Allied equivalents. It also gets the non-doctrinal Panzerwerfer. Its still a defensive faction. It suffers from commander bloat and too many aggressive commanders.
26 Mar 2016, 20:16 PM

Just like flak. You pay 120+15F for tier and flak, yet flak is able to hold medium tank on its own.

Still wonder where is hidden cost for medics and unlocking schrecks in med truck's cost which is 300MP40F :D
26 Mar 2016, 20:21 PM

What exactly is your argument here? Do these things not cost fuel or what?

If they cost anything, they are not free. End of discussion. This is a fact.

Still wonder what this has to do with the Commander Kappa
26 Mar 2016, 20:50 PM

You asked what would I say if molos were auto-reaserched with T1/T2 but T1/2 would cost more.

As you see, med truck does not cost more yet it gives you free stuff.

Just like Schwerer. It does not cost more becasue of flak. Flak is just free.
26 Mar 2016, 21:00 PM

You asked what would I say if molos were auto-reaserched with T1/T2 but T1/2 would cost more.

As you see, med truck does not cost more yet it gives you free stuff.

Just like Schwerer. It does not cost more becasue of flak. Flak is just free.

The med truck does not cost more? More than what?
Why not make the medics a 10 fuel upgrade and lower the tier requirements by 10 fuel? Because damn I would appreciate that as an OKW player.
26 Mar 2016, 21:04 PM

The more some of you defend british sim city, the more you guys are taken less seriously..
26 Mar 2016, 21:05 PM
Admin Red  Badge

The more some of you defend british sim city, the more you guys are taken less seriously..

But it is the only challenge left where I have to use my brain when playing as double OKW. :guyokay:
26 Mar 2016, 21:08 PM

But it is the only challenge left where I have to use my brain when playing as double OKW. :guyokay:

I semi wanna agree with you. Cuz iv been doing that lately. I perfer OH and I think im better with OH, but they just suck now....
26 Mar 2016, 23:57 PM

This commander is not fun to play against, is inconsistent (some maps its too strong, and on others it just means Simcity in a corner), and it completely defeats the point of well thought out play.

For sure this commander and the emplacements in general, need to be re-examined to encourage the active game COH2 needs to be.

Asking is the commander OP is the wrong question. Is the commander providing a better COH2 experience? And I think the obvious answer there is 100% no, never. So it needs to be looked at.
27 Mar 2016, 15:09 PM

So if you pay for what you get... And the schwere price is 120(+15) if my math checks out the soviet are getting beyond screwed...
27 Mar 2016, 15:22 PM

It takes an hour to take down a sim city in 2v2..even if the enemy is bad afk.

It allows players to make dinner, go running, read a book...
28 Mar 2016, 00:21 AM

I just tested Schwerer vs Bofors in terms of AT ability to see if there is any difference and if so how big of a difference. I tested 3 tanks, Panzer 4 J, Cromwell, and SU85. The PZ4J and cromwell were tested twice each. One test was with all rear shots the other with all front shots. Time was recorded from the first shot of the emplacement and all tests were at max range. If anyone's interested in more data I would be happy to set aside an hour of my life watching flak guns wreck tanks.

All times are in seconds.

Additionally, the Schwerer destroyer 1 main gun and the Bofors destroyed 3 main guns. During the front testing, all shots from the Schwerer hit the front armor while the Bofors had several shots somehow connect with the rear armor. I re-conducted these tests and the rear hits still occurred. These rear shots occurred infrequently, only 2-4 times during each test, and only occurred with the Bofors.

I would conclude that the time differences is related to the difference in ROF and the method of which penetrations are calculated. Since each penetration has a chance depending on the weapon's penetration the weapon with a higher ROF will average be able to achieve more reliable penetrations than the weapon with the lower ROF despite a lower penetration chance. I'm sure if I conducted 1000 tests, at least one of those tests will result in the Schwerer slaughtering a tank within 10s due to an all penetration case but thats probability for you.
28 Mar 2016, 08:39 AM

I just tested Schwerer vs Bofors in terms of AT ability to see if there is any difference and if so how big of a difference. I tested 3 tanks, Panzer 4 J, Cromwell, and SU85. The PZ4J and cromwell were tested twice each. One test was with all rear shots the other with all front shots. Time was recorded from the first shot of the emplacement and all tests were at max range. If anyone's interested in more data I would be happy to set aside an hour of my life watching flak guns wreck tanks.

All times are in seconds.

Additionally, the Schwerer destroyer 1 main gun and the Bofors destroyed 3 main guns. During the front testing, all shots from the Schwerer hit the front armor while the Bofors had several shots somehow connect with the rear armor. I re-conducted these tests and the rear hits still occurred. These rear shots occurred infrequently, only 2-4 times during each test, and only occurred with the Bofors.

I would conclude that the time differences is related to the difference in ROF and the method of which penetrations are calculated. Since each penetration has a chance depending on the weapon's penetration the weapon with a higher ROF will average be able to achieve more reliable penetrations than the weapon with the lower ROF despite a lower penetration chance. I'm sure if I conducted 1000 tests, at least one of those tests will result in the Schwerer slaughtering a tank within 10s due to an all penetration case but thats probability for you.

So even mediums arent a hard counter to bofors? Confirms my observations from ingame. Guess i need to wait for tiger/King tiger to take out a bofors safely :snfCHVGame:
28 Mar 2016, 08:54 AM

Im not sure what do you mean by these numbers becasue mediums can solo bofors without any big problems.

Unless you made in unvunerable and just tested how long it takes to kills mediums with bofors
(tho bofors could see penetration nerf casue it should not take 50% of Pz4 health)
28 Mar 2016, 10:43 AM

Im not sure what do you mean by these numbers becasue mediums can solo bofors without any big problems.

Unless you made in unvunerable and just tested how long it takes to kills mediums with bofors
(tho bofors could see penetration nerf casue it should not take 50% of Pz4 health)

No big problems? if mediums had no big problems fighting bofors, bofors wouldnt be half the problem they are today.

Currently tho, mediums struggle to destroy bofors.
28 Mar 2016, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2016, 10:43 AMzarok47

No big problems? if mediums had no big problems fighting bofors, bofors wouldnt be half the problem they are today.

Currently tho, mediums struggle to destroy bofors.

How they struggle?

Pz 4 takes down bofors losing around 60% of HP (which is too much but still it handles bofors)
Stug outranges bofors.

So how they struggle against bofors?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment