Login

russian armor

Stuka bomb in base

19 Mar 2016, 14:44 PM

Yup, if you deploy it close enough it strikes right into the hq. Lol, it's halariously stupid.

Oh ok thats not the same as targeting in base. Its more collateral than intentional I think (it would be silly for half a strike to not shoot). What about a buff in base sectors for friendly units? Its not enough to save you from a Stuka but if arty/ supression immunity is possible it may help base lock/ rape

Also better/as good for squad wipes in base is stuka frag bomb from the edge of the map. Comes in nearly instantly and devastates
19 Mar 2016, 17:08 PM

The same reason why you can drop rail way arty in Allies bases. Du'h.
19 Mar 2016, 17:11 PM
Patrion 14

stupa pls :guyokay:
19 Mar 2016, 17:18 PM

Somenes please fix name of the thread.
nee
20 Mar 2016, 09:56 AM

naw leave it, encourages people to proof read like a real man.
20 Mar 2016, 10:06 AM

Anyway, blobbing getting punished is a good thing in my book./quote]

Yea, but only allies blobing. Maybe we should give same "Dive bomb" for allies for to stop OKW blobs? Otherwise, one faction can be punished for blobs - another not. Fair?
20 Mar 2016, 10:44 AM
Senior Referee Badge

I always found it pretty funny when i drop a stuka bomb in somebody's base or if somebody drops one in mine. It's one of the funniest ways to lose if you ask me hahaha ^_^
21 Mar 2016, 04:03 AM

I just wanna know what a stupa is :/

Just incase you care, in reality the 'StuPa' was a nickname given to the German Assault gun STUrmPAnzer IV, also known as 'Brummbär'.
21 Mar 2016, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 04:03 AMDomine

Just incase you care, in reality the 'StuPa' was a nickname given to the German Assault gun STUrmPAnzer IV, also known as 'Brummbär'.

:clap: thanks
21 Mar 2016, 06:42 AM

If you start moving your units 6-7 secos befrore impact they will still die.

+1
21 Mar 2016, 06:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 06:42 AMAladdin

+1

it's even worst when it's dropped on AT guns, cause it takes some seconds for an AT gun to pack and move and it (allies AT gun) doesn't also have a retreat ability, so if the Stuka dive bomb is dropped on it u're dead most of the times even if u immediately notice and try to move away, with how big the area of effect of the stuka dive bomb is

BUT all in all, not sure if I agree with calling it OP or not cause it's a part of Ost faction. for example, if you gave one ability or unit to another faction it could be OP while in another faction it could be balanced, same for different docs, and all the docs which have this ability, I don't call them OP.

even though it was bullshit OP in the past when the fuel to muni convert was still possible and how you could unfairly spam them with not much effort.
21 Mar 2016, 07:57 AM

I don´t correspond with your optinion, that the stuka dive bomb should be op or anything. It´s pretty difficult to use efficient on the open field. The sound is actually a good warning, loosing a AT gun, because of a 160 mun arty is also okay in my opinion. But there is still the chance to dodge. About the base dive bomb, sure it´s efficient, if used correctly in the base. Don´t retreat with all your units at once for example. Having sight in base sector is also quite hard to get. All in all it´s an hard strike if you get hit by base dive, but think about what went wrong, when your enemy could spend so time to use this combination of: 1. retreat the enemy 2. having sight in base sector 3. having mun. for the base dive. best regards.
21 Mar 2016, 10:04 AM

Its a 260 MU combo of two abilities make allied blobs punish when they mass-retreat... ofcourse timing it properly is still harder than building that infantry blob...

Tho i wish relic deny this ability on base sectors, just to stop these threads spawning...
21 Mar 2016, 13:52 PM

Yup, if you deploy it close enough it strikes right into the hq. Lol, it's halariously stupid.

That's just a base ability with a big AOE. PLEASE click the ability and select base sector, it does not work. It also requires continuous LoS to be effective. It does NOT one kill/one shot anything. It does light damage but requires tanks/infantry follow up. Stuka dive bomb does not. Recon, drop on retreating units does not require any follow up. Your comparison is weak at best.
21 Mar 2016, 13:55 PM

It's very easy to dodge, just move all your units away from eachother when you hear the sound of the Stuka. Unless he happened to time it perfectly with a massive retreat, which actually requires a bit of skill.
21 Mar 2016, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 07:57 AMGrowen
I don´t correspond with your optinion, that the stuka dive bomb should be op or anything. It´s pretty difficult to use efficient on the open field. The sound is actually a good warning, loosing a AT gun, because of a 160 mun arty is also okay in my opinion. But there is still the chance to dodge. About the base dive bomb, sure it´s efficient, if used correctly in the base. Don´t retreat with all your units at once for example. Having sight in base sector is also quite hard to get. All in all it´s an hard strike if you get hit by base dive, but think about what went wrong, when your enemy could spend so time to use this combination of: 1. retreat the enemy 2. having sight in base sector 3. having mun. for the base dive. best regards.

Well, if you call it the counter blob. Please give allies a commander that has recon and a 160 muni drop with a ninja buffed AOE arty drop with no flares so they can counter shrek blob at their HQ or in base. Thanks!
21 Mar 2016, 14:56 PM

Well, if you call it the counter blob. Please give allies a commander that has recon and a 160 muni drop with a ninja buffed AOE arty drop with no flares so they can counter shrek blob at their HQ or in base. Thanks!

Unfortunately you missunderstood me there. I´m not talking about any blob counter, dunno what your acutally thinking what I wrote there. Also your argument is pretty poor. It´s as sad as if I come up with "calli is op, then give axis some moveable arty aswell - cry -cry".
Let´s come back... the dive bomb isn´t more op than any other base bombing, which a lot of fractions can get. If you see flares before your units gets hit or not, makes no difference mhh? :)
21 Mar 2016, 15:20 PM

It would be less obnoxious if they reduced the AOE a bit - right now its pretty damn cost-effective given the 160 munitions price tag. Aladin makes makes an excellent point about AT Guns - its almost impossible to dodge with them. Same with USF Ambulance to a lesser degree with the precious seconds it takes you to take it off heal mode and its shitty acceleration.

I'm on the fence about it being OP in base - more often that not its pretty telegraphed with them having obvious LOS of your base with either a diving tank or Recon planes. Other than that "mass retreat" nukes require a certain level of timing and skill and I don't have a problem with rewarding players who pull those off.

21 Mar 2016, 15:26 PM

It is absurd that certain abilities are still able to target the base sector. This goes for all abilities across all factions/doctrines.

Is there anybody that still believes that being able to target the base sector lends any strategic depth to the game at all?

Anyway, I posted the following in a now-locked thread:

- - -

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but here is a trick that will help you determine where the Stuka Dive Bomb will hit:
1. The moment you start hearing the warning sirens you have exactly 5 seconds to react
2. Start panning the camera around (preferably in areas of the map where most of your troops are at)
3. The sound will become the loudest when you are focusing on the area of the map the bomb is about to go off (I don't think that zooming works. You won't have the time for it anyway :P)
4. Be a good teammate, and warn other people in the chat about where you think the shots might land (maybe their sound bugged out?)
5. Use the remaining time to split your squads up so that you don't lose all of them.

TIPS:
- I don't recommend hitting the retreat button with your entire force; the other player may have targeted the retreat path
- Make sure you have practiced your hotkeys so that you deactivate forward retreat points quickly, if needed

(I'm using Low Audio quality in settings. Not sure if that makes any difference)

Having said that. The design of the ability is a bit silly:
- It is neither fair (in terms of cost vs devastation potential)
- Nor does it add any strategic depth to the game

The ability also synergises a bit too well with stealthy recon abilities (Artillery flares, spotting scopes, etc). This is something that out to be definitely looked at.

Finally, ever since the AoE ninjabuff there is very little time to react to the ability (localize and spread); unless, of course, you only play 1v1s, or the enemy uses that ability on an area you are currently focussing at (this is the aggressor using it wrong; not an inherent downside of the ability).
21 Mar 2016, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 14:56 PMGrowen

Unfortunately you missunderstood me there. I´m not talking about any blob counter, dunno what your acutally thinking what I wrote there. Also your argument is pretty poor. It´s as sad as if I come up with "calli is op, then give axis some moveable arty aswell - cry -cry".
Let´s come back... the dive bomb isn´t more op than any other base bombing, which a lot of fractions can get. If you see flares before your units gets hit or not, makes no difference mhh? :)

What? tell me a base bombing commander that gives you recon and 160 muni drop. Lol, please change all flared bombing to sounds. Then, you will understand.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★