Login

russian armor

Stuka bomb in base

19 Mar 2016, 04:35 AM

Tell me what the German can drop a stuka dive bomb in my base? I thought all those type of abilities were blocked, yet Relic allows Germans to do whatever they want.
19 Mar 2016, 04:43 AM
Benefactor 115

Simple, takes a lot longer then normal abilities to come down and unlike normal abilities it's a one hit wounder (or miss) while other abilities keep going.

Also there is a ton of Soviet abilities that you can use in a base sector, for example the underused but powerful IL2 AT bomb strafe in the anti-tank commander

Also
1.3 Defamation of other users
Calling names or insulting other users by referring to them with a degrading/humiliating name is not allowed.
This also includes being disrespectful to developers.

Post edited.
19 Mar 2016, 04:43 AM

im having difficulty deciphering what exactly you are posting about
could you by any chance also bold it?

Edit- this was posted as jackas4life was posting... And using bold...
This was directed at OP not jackas4life....
19 Mar 2016, 04:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not all of them, pretty sure Incendiary Artillery still does, doesn't?

Not that it's fine, NONE OF THEM should be able to fire on a base sector.
19 Mar 2016, 04:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 04:50 AMVuther
Not all of them, pretty sure Incendiary Artillery still does, doesn't?

Not that it's fine, NONE OF THEM should be able to fire on a base sector.

Im 90% sure all strikes from the vanilla factions can still be used in base sectors

Fun tidbit- USSR air drop can drop fuel into the enemy base sector as well as your own!
nee
19 Mar 2016, 05:07 AM

I've been using this ability quite often and I find it a bit startling at firs. But then it's not like there's anything to attack in enemy bases besides chipping away at enemy's base buildings (does pitiful damage even against emplacements). Only time you'd really want to do it is if you find them repairing a damaged tank, but in that case, it's obvious where that siren's indicating a bomb drop so unless you're deaf you've plenty of time to avoid a 160 muni sink.
19 Mar 2016, 08:16 AM

I guess we've seen even in one of the e-sports game what kind of a BS this is. When a soviet player had to retreat about three inf groups at once, because of a huge push and got them bombed at once, which immidiately made it a "gg"... em, i mean "bull%hite match"
19 Mar 2016, 08:20 AM

Yeah, it's a glaring oversight at best and blatant Axis favoritism at worst. There's no justification for an ability that powerful to be usable in a base sector.
19 Mar 2016, 08:31 AM
19 Mar 2016, 08:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I just wanna know what a stupa is :/

A drunken person's attempt to spell what they recalled was a Russian insult.
19 Mar 2016, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 08:34 AMVuther

A drunken person's attempt to spell what they recalled was a Russian insult.
:clap:
19 Mar 2016, 10:41 AM

Simple, takes a lot longer then normal abilities to come down and unlike normal abilities it's a one hit wounder (or miss) while other abilities keep going.

Unlike other abilities is also does not drop smoke, show a plane flying on the mini map, and only gives an audio warning that starts 5 seconds before the bomb hits.

19 Mar 2016, 11:00 AM

Just make that ability not useable at enemy HQ territory and everything will be fine. Im really tired of wiping my retreating to base infantry, and you can do nothing with that. You can't just stop retreat or hold them... They just run to inevitable death :(

And do something with Dive Bomb price already! 160 muni for 100% accurant bomb with ridiculously large AoE and power with no risks of shooting down carrier plane? For God sake, then why I pay 200 for IL-2 bomb strike, which is obviously worse - flares instead of only sound, plane fly and can be shoted down before bombs will fall (with mass of axis AA its very posible).

Let dive bomb cost 200 muni too. Or even more. That horrbile bomb reminds me V1 from vCoH, really. V1 falled also without flares but with noisy nasty sound... It was so awful sound...
19 Mar 2016, 11:04 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 04:35 AMNirad
Tell me what the German can drop a stuka dive bomb in my base? I thought all those type of abilities were blocked, yet Relic allows Germans to do whatever they want.

Ukf can use arty cover (Best indirect call imo) in Axis base... Goes both ways mate.
19 Mar 2016, 11:07 AM

Also there is a ton of Soviet abilities that you can use in a base sector, for example the underused but powerful IL2 AT bomb strafe in the anti-tank commander

2/10.

Dive bomb comes with recon and/or insta pin.

Ability you talk about does not.

Not to mention the first part which is bs. If you start moving your units 6-7 secos befrore impact they will still die.
19 Mar 2016, 11:09 AM
Benefactor 115

2/10.

Dive bomb comes with recon and/or insta pin.

Ability you talk about does not.

Trust me the IL2 from dank hunters does. Best part is you can choice what direction it comes from. Tightrope did a stream a while ago where me and him both did it to an OST blob.

(I'm talking about the one that drops the million 1kg bombs)
19 Mar 2016, 11:18 AM

Ukf can use arty cover (Best indirect call imo) in Axis base... Goes both ways mate.

Can they really? I was under the impression that post vanilla abilities were banned from the base sector
Seems silly to allow stun lock in base when the enemy isnt allowed to waste ammo with a light show in the base (base arty)
19 Mar 2016, 11:29 AM
Donator 11

Yup, if you deploy it close enough it strikes right into the hq. Lol, it's halariously stupid.
19 Mar 2016, 11:45 AM

The only time this ability is OP is on a retreating blob at base, but to do that you need LoS.

If you call the recon loiter from Jaeger, it takes quite a while for the plane to arrive, then you need to call the stuka, so I doubt you would have time to hit the inf as long as they move quickly when they get back to base, which should be obvious given the loitering plane and the stuka noise. Only on a very large 4v4 map with a long retreat might you have enough time.

It becomes more powerful if you can have a team mate do the recon, OKW flares being ideal, which also means you can have a command panther with elifant for insane LoS haha. But at least thats co-ordinated team play.

Anyway, blobbing getting punished is a good thing in my book. And anything else like a team weapon, or repairing tank, has the counter play opportunity of moving.
19 Mar 2016, 11:47 AM

Until the blob problem is resolved, there should be nowhere on the map for a blob to hide from retaliation

And it goes both ways, a lot of allied strike can hit in base too
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS