Login

russian armor

Too much for one HMG (MG-42)

5 Mar 2016, 14:25 PM

Didn't you get banned on the official forums forever ago after creating a series of ridiculous "news reports" about things like Pumas being OP because they outperformed M3 scout cars and threatening someone who disagreed with your misinformed ideas?

As to the MG42 AP rounds, they take time to load where the MG isn't firing and if you're sitting inside it long enough to lose a T70 or Stuart, that's 100% on you.
5 Mar 2016, 14:28 PM

im rank 130 1v1 with soviets, i use the barrage several times every game. huh what now?
im rank 300 with ostheer, how often did i use ap rounds of mg42? maybe like 4 times in my 100 ostheer games, why? because noone is stupid enough to stay in its arc combined with the reload animation of 2 seconds.

you are doing it wrong if you are activating it while the enemy unit is in its line of fire already
mg42 is supposed to be just behind the line to stop a break through and if you pop that puppy riiight before said breakthrough ANYTHING that pushes bar an actual tank, hell even a t34 will think twice

ALSO incendiary rounds + ambush camo + hold fire until in mid range = amazing

my ONLY problem with the vet rounds is that they are leaps and bounds better at fighting armour than the DSHK (.50 cal) AP rounds due to rof and the slight damage buff of 10x (iirc? or is it 3x the damage?) i know the DSHK ones are free and dont require vet but it still seems silly to me and i think the increased pen should be a passive thing from the get go
5 Mar 2016, 15:27 PM

Didn't you get banned on the official forums forever ago after creating a series of ridiculous "news reports" about things like Pumas being OP because they outperformed M3 scout cars and threatening someone who disagreed with your misinformed ideas?

As to the MG42 AP rounds, they take time to load where the MG isn't firing and if you're sitting inside it long enough to lose a T70 or Stuart, that's 100% on you.

Pumas was OP because they outperformed even IS-2 armor, that's what I wrote those times. And that was ridiculous. And yes, I was banned for insulting, because my ass was burned by one moderator, who protected axis, just as major part of that community do, ignoring all reasons and facts which I gave to him. Stupidiy of some people causing unpredicteble things...

And if your logic works in way "whenever something bad happens with you - that's only your fault", then tell me, why axis players whined a lot about "ISU-152 is OP, nerf it pls" long time ago. You could use that logic and say "well, ISU-152 is slow and has long time aiming/reloading, so that's 100% on me that I just lost entire squad by one shot of that ISU, I just could move them out of fireing line".

That works with any unit in game, but look at truth - MG-42 is best anti-infantry MG in game already, and it also can destroy light tanks and vechiles. And if wehrmacht woulnd't have panzerschrecks I would be agree with that. But, since Wehrmacht is full of different kinds of AT they don't need those AP rounds. Give it to USSR's Maxims, becuase USSR doesn't have those panzerschrecks. Damn, they don't even have PTRS's without doctrines, what a shame... USSR needs more AT right now, it is obvious!
5 Mar 2016, 15:41 PM

Comparatively speaking the best MG is the Maxim because it allows absurd early to mid game aggression.

Absolutely the MG42 is the best MG ingame stats wise, but the Allies have ample tools and features by design that help negate it.

MG42s Incendiary Ability should only last 10 seconds.
5 Mar 2016, 16:06 PM

The MG42 cannot cost 260mp while the .50 cal costs 280 and is tier locked. That really needs to be changed, because the 42 is blatantly better than the .50.
5 Mar 2016, 16:13 PM

And if your logic works in way "whenever something bad happens with you - that's only your fault", then tell me, why axis players whined a lot about "ISU-152 is OP, nerf it pls" long time ago. You could use that logic and say "well, ISU-152 is slow and has long time aiming/reloading, so that's 100% on me that I just lost entire squad by one shot of that ISU, I just could move them out of fireing line".

No, you can't. There's a significant difference between a gun one-shotting infantry from out of LoS and leaving a T70 close enough to an MG42 to eat laser rounds. One basically instantly destroys a squad and goes against the game design of unit preservation, the other requires a solid ten-fifteen seconds and gives you an obvious warning when the gun stops firing as the crew reloads. During this ample period of time, the T70 can move out of range. There is a clear and obvious counterplay to AP rounds, you're simply too potato to do it.

5 Mar 2016, 18:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-MG42 is fine. At most, incendary rounds should be a bit more expensive.

-.50cal has it's own problem as well as the rest of the support weapons from USF.

-Dhska AP rounds should mirror AT performance of MG42 incendiary rounds.

5 Mar 2016, 19:17 PM

The MG42 cannot cost 260mp while the .50 cal costs 280 and is tier locked. That really needs to be changed, because the 42 is blatantly better than the .50.
So that is a .50 problem.
5 Mar 2016, 20:25 PM

USSR has real problems with dealing with early light vechile attack, specially since 222 got HP buff without increasing it's price. ...

And MG-42 in that situation, for me, is greatest sign of how Relic "care" about faction's design balance in game. While USSR has no real options against axis light vechiles and don't have real light vechiles itself, they getting all good AT tools to Axis, which would be good enough even without them.

OK
5 Mar 2016, 23:25 PM

While USSR has no real options against axis light vechiles and don't have real light vechiles itself,

No light vehicles with the exception of the M3, M5, and T-70 of course. These of course face the 222 and the 250; the former having a large health pool but very little armor, resulting in small arms and noticeably HMGs eating away at it's health; the latter is so paper armored and micro intensive to the point of babysitting that it is all but a non-factor in light vehicle arguments.

Also, it's spelled "vehicles"
5 Mar 2016, 23:42 PM

specially since 222 got HP buff without increasing it's price.

The M5 turned into a meat grinder overnight while retaining the old cost and arriving quite earlier.
6 Mar 2016, 00:19 AM

Mg is perfect where it's at.
6 Mar 2016, 00:45 AM

@MissCommissar what you are suggesting in this thread is symmetrical balance which will never happen. Asymmetrical balance is something that wont change FOREVER. As alot of people like Lemon would say. L2P.
6 Mar 2016, 00:46 AM

The M5 turned into a meat grinder overnight while retaining the old cost and arriving quite earlier.

Thats why the announcer called the quad upgrade the meat grinder :clap:
6 Mar 2016, 01:41 AM

So that is a .50 problem.

Is it? I'd argue that the 42 is also just as good if not better than the vickers, which is 280 and also in a HQ building. If you ask me, the cost of the .50 and the 42 should be switched.
6 Mar 2016, 02:37 AM

If you ask me, the cost of the .50 and the 42 should be switched.
Then we could add one model to grens. Good deal.
6 Mar 2016, 03:28 AM

An MG42 that needs to reposition is an MG42 that retreats, is decrewed, or is stolen. In position it is of course the best MG in the game.

The maxim can, in fact, reposition and rotate to the point that its capable of replacing mainline infantry for many Soviet players. It's not the best MG, but it's certainly not terrible.

The DsHK, like the MG34, just comes late from being locked behind CP and commander choice. The USF MG is just out of place. All of these are effective suppression units, but their availability hampers their utility incredibly.

The Vickers is the interesting one in that it kills more than it suppresses, which against the limited size of Axis squads, this is kind of a more effective role for it. But a stolen vickers is less useful than a stolen mg42.
6 Mar 2016, 03:28 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

L2P thread. USSR has all the AT counters, you just don't want to get them for some reason. Ostheer has plenty of early game AT because every allies faction has great light vehicles and a light tank, Ostheer has only the scout car. If the scout car is a little too strong right now that has no relation to incendiary rounds on the MG 42. If you are loosing a light tank to the incendiary rounds it is completely on you. The only way to lose those without gross negligence is to have the thing facing ass-backwards where the AP rounds can hit the rear armor.
6 Mar 2016, 03:45 AM

MG-42 is definitely best MG in game. It has super-wide arc of fire, fast supression with ridiculously big AoE around of fire target, high damamge even at long ranges and more than that - ability, which can destroy even light tanks, like T-70 or Stuart!!!

Isn't it too much, specially last one? I mean, Wehrmacht may not use AT in early game at all, because Vet 1 MG-42 can counter any light vechicle, from M3 and WC51 to AEC and T-70 (which is T3 unit for 70 fuel, lol).

Meanwhile, USSR has to use Maxims with smallest arc of fire in game, which requiers 10 times more micro from player, has low AoE of supression and no AT functions. Early USSR has serious problems with AT at all, specialy with those new Sdkfz 222 and Luchses. Only early AT for USSR is ZiS-3, which can't be really effective against fast cars and AT nades, which you have to get for 25 fuel, while Wehrmacht getting more powerfull (look at stats) Panzerfaust for free. That's what I call "Balance".

So, here we pointed our problem:

1. MG-42 should not be able to destroy light vechicles and tanks, like it do now. For that, Wehrmacht should use another units, like Panzergrenadeers or same 222 cars. They all are good in that.

So, I suggest to change that "AP flame rounds" ability with something else. It is impossible to watch, how your T3 T-70 tears apart with 1-2 bursts by T0 Anti-infantry unit MG-42.

P.S Yes, we know about DShK MG with same impossible AT abilities, but it is doctrinal one, and it putted in only 2 doctrines. One of them (defences) is 100% useless and I never saw somebody using it, so we have only one real doctrine with DShK (Lend-Lease), which is definetly not enough for such requierd for USSR unit.

Yes MG42 is the best mg, even though it's not the most expensive but how the Hell Ost is supposed to survive without that? it's totally fine
6 Mar 2016, 06:49 AM

@MissCommissar what you are suggesting in this thread is symmetrical balance which will never happen. Asymmetrical balance is something that wont change FOREVER. As alot of people like Lemon would say. L2P.

As I always say, main word in "Asymmetrical balance" is balance, not asymmetrical.

There was nothing wrong in 100% or 90% symmetry of some knid of units in vCoH. With same MGs for examples. MG-42 and US MG (0.50 maybe it was, don't remember right) were pretty same. So, it would not destroy that CoH if some units will be similar.

I don't like that idea of balancing MGs in game: "MG-42, 34 and all others will be deffenisve MGs, and all Soviet (both DShK and Maxim) will be offensive". Better make all MGs deffensive, like in vCoH, as they are supposued to be actually and make some doctrinal "offensive" MGs for those, who really needs them. I need MG as deffensive weapon for all factions, not only for axis.

And again about AP rounds - Wehrmacht don't need them! They have enough AT already, what for they need that one? USSR is that one, who needs AT rounds on MGs, because they don't have panzerschrecks, bazookas or PIATS. PTRS's are doctrinal only and they are way worse than usuall rocket launchers, so please, buff USSR's AT power against light vechiles rush. Without it USSR is veeery vunerable to 222 mass rushes or early Luchs raids.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★