Login

russian armor

Too much for one HMG (MG-42)

6 Mar 2016, 07:43 AM

I don't really need the AT rounds vs vehicles, I only use them everytime versus infantry attacks. No good enemy will lose his light tank. If you got your light armor destroyed by mg, you will lose anyway in this game, even when they would take ap rounds out. As others said, it's a l2p thing.
6 Mar 2016, 08:03 AM

I think the Mg42 is fine and fits the Ost army well.

However, someone used the incendiary rounds against an emplacement of mine and it shredded it in seconds.....is that intended?
6 Mar 2016, 11:44 AM

" If you are loosing a light tank to the incendiary rounds it is completely on you."

Saw a 42 take out a T-70 and an M5 in quick succession in a tournament the other night, think it might have been Dusty who is hardly a noob.
6 Mar 2016, 11:52 AM

You cant really react to the depleted uranium rounds since it shoots really fast and takes away huge parts of health from halftracks + if you are halfway in the arc of a mg42 you can kiss your halftrack/scout car goodbye
6 Mar 2016, 17:54 PM

Then we could add one model to grens. Good deal.

Uhh, what?
6 Mar 2016, 18:04 PM

MG42s are good, but they should be better. The others Hmgs need also to be buff to do theirs job properly. (Pinning any number of inf. squads in their firing arc/los). But they should do less damage as squads are crawling to survive)

You walk in to the firing arc of an HMG you get pinned instantly.
The HMG rotate to fire on you, you get suppress 1.5 sec then you get pinned.

Just my humble opinion.
6 Mar 2016, 19:03 PM

Uhh, what?

Hes saying that the 50 cal has 5 men supporting it so his argument is that if the its supposed to be as good or better than the mg42 then the 42 needs a 5 man squad as well... Hes completely ignoring that the American mg comes later AND costs more. When the mg42 moved from its cheap first tech building to a no tech t0 it got a price increase... Im curious as to how much the 50cal would be if relic did the same? 340? 300 at least but it doesn't preform as such.... Being the latest fielding machine gun and the least durable shouldn't it preform the best? Maybe like the old dshk? Or like the Vickers at least... But more pen
6 Mar 2016, 19:21 PM

Almost accurate interpretation. Each faction is designed differently. NVM, I've already adimtted the fact that .50 is not affordable and building only one does not cut it either.

But does that mean the MG42 should cost 280? Hue Hue
6 Mar 2016, 19:26 PM

If a Vickers and a 42 were on the ground next to each other, I'd pick up the 42.

So yes, should be at parity or more expensive.
6 Mar 2016, 19:32 PM

@Spinflight; Stop baiting people with misinfo and lies.
6 Mar 2016, 19:50 PM

As I always say, main word in "Asymmetrical balance" is balance, not asymmetrical.

There was nothing wrong in 100% or 90% symmetry of some knid of units in vCoH. With same MGs for examples. MG-42 and US MG (0.50 maybe it was, don't remember right) were pretty same. So, it would not destroy that CoH if some units will be similar.

I don't like that idea of balancing MGs in game: "MG-42, 34 and all others will be deffenisve MGs, and all Soviet (both DShK and Maxim) will be offensive". Better make all MGs deffensive, like in vCoH, as they are supposued to be actually and make some doctrinal "offensive" MGs for those, who really needs them. I need MG as deffensive weapon for all factions, not only for axis.

And again about AP rounds - Wehrmacht don't need them! They have enough AT already, what for they need that one? USSR is that one, who needs AT rounds on MGs, because they don't have panzerschrecks, bazookas or PIATS. PTRS's are doctrinal only and they are way worse than usuall rocket launchers, so please, buff USSR's AT power against light vechiles rush. Without it USSR is veeery vunerable to 222 mass rushes or early Luchs raids.

idk. relic gives everything a purpose and doesnt back off of it easily.
6 Mar 2016, 20:00 PM

And aaa number 2 enters the party....
7 Mar 2016, 01:47 AM

Hes saying that the 50 cal has 5 men supporting it so his argument is that if the its supposed to be as good or better than the mg42 then the 42 needs a 5 man squad as well... Hes completely ignoring that the American mg comes later AND costs more. When the mg42 moved from its cheap first tech building to a no tech t0 it got a price increase... Im curious as to how much the 50cal would be if relic did the same? 340? 300 at least but it doesn't preform as such.... Being the latest fielding machine gun and the least durable shouldn't it preform the best? Maybe like the old dshk? Or like the Vickers at least... But more pen

Does the .50 have increased received accuracy as well or is that just the AT/howitzer?
7 Mar 2016, 01:51 AM

" If you are loosing a light tank to the incendiary rounds it is completely on you."

Saw a 42 take out a T-70 and an M5 in quick succession in a tournament the other night, think it might have been Dusty who is hardly a noob.

Yup. Honestly if you have a gren screening and cripple the engine and load up your incendiary rounds it is often gone. Best I had was 2 AEC one hitting a mine and the other Fausted infront of two MG42s in separate buildings and dropped both in no time.

9 Mar 2016, 02:31 AM

@Spinflight; Stop baiting people with misinfo and lies.

The 42 is better than the vickers. It suppresses faster, there's no mg that puts squads down faster at the edge of its range than the 42, and that's the most valuable feature of hmgs. The vickers damages things faster and thet vet 1 range is nice, but the 42 is better at the main job.
9 Mar 2016, 06:10 AM

Does the .50 have increased received accuracy as well or is that just the AT/howitzer?

All support weapons have a +25% received accuracy but iirc the American crew weapons have (or had) a bug that they had a higher one or something like that but at any rate the 50 suffers from axis squads burst damage potential that comes from making sure that 6 man squads is balanced (higher per model dps) vs a 4 man weapon team that is literally a bullet magnet AMD suppresses as well as gasoline douses flames leads to a shite weapon... Thats also the latest arriving... And in an AT free tier....
9 Mar 2016, 11:12 AM

All support weapons have a +25% received accuracy but iirc the American crew weapons have (or had) a bug that they had a higher one or something like that but at any rate the 50 suffers from axis squads burst damage potential that comes from making sure that 6 man squads is balanced (higher per model dps) vs a 4 man weapon team that is literally a bullet magnet AMD suppresses as well as gasoline douses flames leads to a shite weapon... Thats also the latest arriving... And in an AT free tier....

Yup the bug was what I was asking about. I know about the normal +.25 but I wasn't sure if the bug applied to them. Honestly I never build the the 50 cal for the very reasons you stated. Fast steward is better against OKW and no one will back tech instead of going for early Sherman.
9 Mar 2016, 12:05 PM

The MG42 is fine, probably the best balanced MG of them all.
9 Mar 2016, 12:47 PM

The MG42 is fine, probably the best balanced MG of them all.

I'm with him, MG42 is fine, relic should balance all MG's like they did with the MG42. (For people that don't understand my point: They used their brains on this one, so a maxim should be a bit better balanced (not a wider arc).
9 Mar 2016, 13:02 PM

A 280mp price tag would not hurt being it can be built straight of the bat and bringing in line with other hmgs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★