Login

russian armor

Brits need a heavy tank

2 Mar 2016, 19:48 PM
2 Mar 2016, 22:00 PM

Brits have enough tanks.

That Firefly absolutely rapes the Panthers in Range.
Churchill is a bullet sponge, and the Comet just mops the floor against infrantry
2 Mar 2016, 22:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 19:01 PMRollo

donut listen to the ameriburgers

pic related is what brits need

#makeUKFgreatagain

NZ Engineering 2 stronk 4 Germany.

On topic, the only thing the Brits need late game is a Churchill buff, either lower cost so it can synergize with FFs or higher armor to match its price-tag. Comets are amazing machines and both them and Cromwells have extremely useful smoke on board to combined arms a super-heavy.
2 Mar 2016, 22:48 PM

"Brits didnt had heavies but only churchill types, and most of their TD's were USA styled, weak armor, big guns"

King Tiger, 65t, 7in armour max ( though weak due to lack of suitable materials)
Tiger, 55t, 4.5in armour max.
Churchill VII 40t, 6in armour max
Panther 45t, 3in armour ~ 5 inch due to slope
Panzer 4 25t, 3in armour max

If 6 inches of armour doesn't make it a heavy then gawd knows what does.

If forget the in game stats but the PIV has similar armour rating to a Churchill and Panther and Tiger significantly more!
2 Mar 2016, 23:12 PM

Bring churchill back to hp and armor it had at the release and raise fuel accordingly. Then you have a real meat shield for your Fireflys. The churchill should be the brit tank which can stand a shrek blob frontally.
3 Mar 2016, 00:14 AM

"Brits didnt had heavies but only churchill types, and most of their TD's were USA styled, weak armor, big guns"

King Tiger, 65t, 7in armour max ( though weak due to lack of suitable materials)
Tiger, 55t, 4.5in armour max.
Churchill VII 40t, 6in armour max
Panther 45t, 3in armour ~ 5 inch due to slope
Panzer 4 25t, 3in armour max

If 6 inches of armour doesn't make it a heavy then gawd knows what does.

If forget the in game stats but the PIV has similar armour rating to a Churchill and Panther and Tiger significantly more!

King Tiger: 375
Tiger: 300
Churchill: 240
Panther: 320
Panzer 4 (ost): 180
Panzer 4 (OKW): 234
3 Mar 2016, 05:06 AM

Right, it's ridiculous that one out of three allied factions has a non-doctrinal tank that can stand up to non-doctrinal panthers. Allies should be forced into doctrinal tanks every time in team games! It's already true for soviets and americans; brits should also have weak-ass nondoctrinal lategame. This will improve team games by a mile.

Because Lelic wanted to design allies with weaker but cheaper tanks.

Allies already have superior infantry units. Rifles and IS will basically chew up grens and volks. Sprinkle a bit of Rangers, Shocktroops or Commandos ontop of all that. Allies have some of the highest DPS infantry around.

The design of Axis is weaker infantry, stronger vehicles. Allies have stronger infantry and weaker vehicles. It's been like that since they made the first CoH. There's a reason why German players spam MG's and play passive until they can roll out their tanks, they spam MG's because good luck trying to pit grens or volks vs rifles or IS. Don't get mad at me. I'm not the one who designed this game; I just understand the design concept of it.... even if some of the design is dumb.

So what happens when you give allies tanks on par with axis tanks? You get even more imbalance. If you're gonna buff the allies tanks, you need to buff the axis infantry to offset it.

Or unlimited panthers!

Oh wait... thats axis unit, it has all the rights in the world to be more powerful then anything that allies can build stock by a long shot, right? :snfBarton:

The British already has a Firefly which is supposed to be comparable to a Panther. The Firefly rivals the Panther. They're supposed to both be tank hunters. The Comet and Tiger are both general purpose tanks. Yet the German's Tiger is locked behind a commander. Comparing the Comet to the Panther is like comparing the Panzer IV to the Firefly. Comet should be compared to the Panzer IV and it outperforms it.

Problem is Relic designed the Firefly with tulips (which was retarded) in the first place. They wanted the Firefly to be a shotgun tank. Just look at how redundant the M8 Greyhound is with it's canister rounds. Shotgun type of abilities in coh are stupid because they rely completely on RNG but they didn't learn from it. That's the flaw with the Firefly currently. Tulips need to be removed from it and they need to just increase the reload rate of the Firefly. If it functioned similarly to the Panther, people wouldn't be cryin' as hard.

Also, I'd rather they locked the KT behind a commander instead, but that's a whole nother issue.
3 Mar 2016, 06:53 AM

The Firefly rivals the Panther. They're supposed to both be tank hunters.

the panther have significantly better durability, speed, and mg. Firefly's advantages is the 10 meter range difference and the expensive tulip.

The panther can reliably slug fight any allied tanks 1 on 1, including the pershing and is2. It's also got enough mg to harm infantry.

the firefly have trouble with the panzer 4 in a straight up fight. It's a jackson with better hp but significantly worst dps and speed. The Firefly shouldn't cost 440mp 155 fuel.
3 Mar 2016, 07:25 AM
Senior Caster Badge

You mean like... churchill or.. comet?

i think he means your mom, heaviest tank ever created.
3 Mar 2016, 07:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 07:25 AMd0ggY

i think he means your mom, heaviest tank ever created.

How much does he want me to pay him to take her?

No refunds accepted, he gets it and its his problem now! :snfPeter:

@varunax

Firefly loses to every single tank in game. Its not even close to the same league as panther with all stats but damage and range being greatly inferior.
3 Mar 2016, 07:58 AM

:brad: Classic lelic Design to pay 155 fuel for the shittiest tank ingame :brad:
3 Mar 2016, 08:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 12:28 PMFul4n0

oh well, then waiting for USF nukes....they had them, you know....

Bullshit, the US didn't have any nukes ready before Germany surrendered in May 45. Otherwise Mannheim and Ludwigshafen would have been bombed and I wouldn't write this post.

oh well, then waiting for a piece of code that don´t allow russians fight in france maps...

Yeah, let's have even less maps. Let's also not allow the Russians to fight with the US/UK because in reality they also did not.

oh well, then waiting for USF getting six Shermans for the same fuel that an OST player gets a Tiger....

Ok if my tiger can then shoot acrossthe whole map (< 2km) and destroy every allied tank with a 80-90% chance on the first shot while the Shermans won't damage the Tiger until they're closer than they are in the actual game (and let's not even talk about Jagdtiger and Elefant).

Realism isn't always good because CoH is an arcade RTS. If you want something else then play MoW.
3 Mar 2016, 08:28 AM

TOG II MVGame
3 Mar 2016, 08:32 AM

TOG II MVGame

this isn't a naval RTS
3 Mar 2016, 11:02 AM

Firefly loses to every single tank in game. Its not even close to the same league as panther with all stats but damage and range being greatly inferior.

use it as intended and it wont lose..
3 Mar 2016, 11:15 AM

Brits need a heavy tank

Well, there is almost nothing Brits don't need, except of opponents.
3 Mar 2016, 11:20 AM

Realism isn't always good because CoH is an arcade RTS. If you want something else then play MoW.

really happy to see you got my point mate, sure my examples are plain wrong, but yeah, you got my point...this is a videogame, no real life so barton reasons to deny a heavy tank for brits are wrong...

game balance & game play >>>>> Real life facts., and thus, russians fighting in france is good for coh2, and if brits having a heavy (I don´t know if the need it or not, just noob here) is a good thing for COH2, then fuck Real Life, just give that heavy to that faction...

yeah, that is what I was trying to say.....Thanks, surely you just explained better than I could do it.

thanks.
3 Mar 2016, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 11:02 AMRiCE

use it as intended and it wont lose..

Well, it was compared to panther.
And even if you use it as intended, unless you have ATGs in the area, opponent can just YOLO blitz FF and own it mercilessly as it doesn't have stats to escape or defend itself, even if it shoots first.

Normal StuG needs 12 seconds to kill it. In return, FF needs 20 seconds to kill the StuG, assuming both always hit each other and StuG is 50% cheaper.

The whole concept of FF makes it completely inefficient without tulips and really bursty with them.
3 Mar 2016, 12:10 PM

Should add the cost of Tulips to the FF as it no use without them, it has a few yards range advantage over some tanks but that is easily closed.

Not sure what the conversion rate for 200 munitions is but makes the FF anything but a bargain.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★