Login

russian armor

Brits need a heavy tank

2 Mar 2016, 15:00 PM

You realize the Churchill has more HP than a KT right?

It also has less armor, making it overall less survivable than a KT and a much bigger veterancy donor to enemy AT weaponry.
2 Mar 2016, 15:02 PM
Patrion 310

It also has worse armour than several medium tanks. High hp if you are not bouncing shots is feeding the enemy lots of vet
2 Mar 2016, 15:03 PM

Black Prince?

For those that don't know, its a Church with a 17pdr gun.
2 Mar 2016, 15:04 PM

The fact that they can build unlimited versions of slightly weaker Tigers that aren't locked behind a commander is already kind of ridiculous imo.

It's like if you made Easy Eights stock and buildable without a commander.

Or unlimited panthers!

Oh wait... thats axis unit, it has all the rights in the world to be more powerful then anything that allies can build stock by a long shot, right? :snfBarton:
2 Mar 2016, 15:05 PM

Right, it's ridiculous that one out of three allied factions has a non-doctrinal tank that can stand up to non-doctrinal panthers. Allies should be forced into doctrinal tanks every time in team games! It's already true for soviets and americans; brits should also have weak-ass nondoctrinal lategame. This will improve team games by a mile.

Is it ridiculous? What I find ridiculous is that you have a hard time killing panthers. It's basically a close ranged tank destroyed. Ever heard of a landmine? No? You can almost buy 2 jacksons or 2 SU85's for the cost of an OKW Panther which is like 490/200 fuel.

Get over it, Allies don't get heavy tanks. Pershing didn't come until late war, Brits only heavy tank were Churchill which didn't have big enough guns to fight Tigers and KT's.

If you are being stomped by heavy tanks, you need to take a good hard look at your performance for that match and see where you fucked up. Did he get an early KT? did you pressure him enough? No? A lot of british players are defensive, they make their mortar pits, their bofors, and sit back and try and collect. That's not a general play style of allies, you need to be aggressive and push the fuel out of axis hands otherwise they'll build a tank. The only big difference now is that honestly the Comet is a better tank than the Panther, and the Cromwell is argueably the best medium tank in the game for its cost/price. Fast, Squashes infantry, smokes, it can blitz non-doctrinal with unlock for Comet. Great gun vs infantry and tanks...
2 Mar 2016, 15:09 PM

Or unlimited panthers!

Oh wait... thats axis unit, it has all the rights in the world to be more powerful then anything that allies can build stock by a long shot, right? :snfBarton:

whos guna spam panthers? whers the ai guna come from? comet is good at both ai and at
2 Mar 2016, 16:06 PM

whos guna spam panthers? whers the ai guna come from? comet is good at both ai and at

Is F 15/ N 28 DPS good for you?

If so, then MGs are plenty sufficient.

Besides, there were tests made some time ago comparing AI of both, panther is incomparably better in tank fights, but doesn't really fall short much in AI department.

Someone even made a yt clip with both shooting at infantry from various ranges.
Panther lost that competition, but only by a few models, not couple of squads.

Just because main cannon doesn't do much, doesn't mean to tank not doing much, these MGs add up to some considerable AI DPS for a tank hunter unit.

And if that isn't enough for you-you'll have AI from OKW elite infantry and ost squadwipewerfer.
2 Mar 2016, 16:15 PM

I really don't think that helps in any way except too act as a Veterancy Pinata for enemy units, as it is fcking slow and with a shitty gun.
2 Mar 2016, 16:17 PM

Is F 15/ N 28 DPS good for you?

If so, then MGs are plenty sufficient.

Besides, there were tests made some time ago comparing AI of both, panther is incomparably better in tank fights, but doesn't really fall short much in AI department.

Someone even made a yt clip with both shooting at infantry from various ranges.
Panther lost that competition, but only by a few models, not couple of squads.

Just because main cannon doesn't do much, doesn't mean to tank not doing much, these MGs add up to some considerable AI DPS for a tank hunter unit.

And if that isn't enough for you-you'll have AI from OKW elite infantry and ost squadwipewerfer.

im a big supporter of you, you know that surely, but these test enviroments used tanks which stood still. a case which is rarely happening ingame (you know that of course!).

but yes panther AI is just better than comet in like all aspects, just like the whole axis factions are better compared allies:guyokay:
2 Mar 2016, 16:31 PM

Centurion for Brits! Waiting for new commander :megusta:
2 Mar 2016, 16:43 PM

Brit armor is great, no reason to touch these units. The mortar pit on the other hand should still be replaced with a 3inch mortar squad.
2 Mar 2016, 17:25 PM

I think churchill need buff to be in line with comet, the rest is fine. Brits lacked rocket artillery, now they have it.
2 Mar 2016, 18:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

TORTOISE TIER 9 TD ADD IT RELIC ITS THE ONLY WAY
2 Mar 2016, 18:45 PM

its possible the faction that can land more heavies at the same time, unless we count KV-1 heavy-medium tank
2 Mar 2016, 18:50 PM

Black Prince?

For those that don't know, its a Church with a 17pdr gun.

yeah and a tank that never saw combat. why not add the maus too one time :clap:
2 Mar 2016, 19:01 PM

TORTOISE TIER 9 TD ADD IT RELIC ITS THE ONLY WAY

donut listen to the ameriburgers

pic related is what brits need

#makeUKFgreatagain
2 Mar 2016, 19:13 PM

UKF just need the "old churchill tank"
why they increased fuel to 180 and the tank got weaker ?
it should stay 180 fuel and get back the old HP and armor
nee
2 Mar 2016, 19:25 PM

Forgive me if I'm an idiot, but:

I was under the impression that the design behind UKF was that heavy tanks aren't meant to deal with Elefants or Jadgtigers in terms of a head-on fight. This is reinforced by the fact that the UKF have great options in dealing with said vehicles by way of things like Firefy and Comet.
So maybe the problem isn't British "need" a heavy tank, but rather you're using the heavy tanks they already have wrong?
2 Mar 2016, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 19:25 PMnee
Forgive me if I'm an idiot, but:

I was under the impression that the design behind UKF was that heavy tanks aren't meant to deal with Elefants or Jadgtigers in terms of a head-on fight. This is reinforced by the fact that the UKF have great options in dealing with said vehicles by way of things like Firefy and Comet.
So maybe the problem isn't British "need" a heavy tank, but rather you're using the heavy tanks they already have wrong?

Well Churchill current heavy... is pretty bad for 180 fuel. I'd rather have lower HP and higher armor so there would be less repair time. It got a price nerf and armor nerf. How often do you see churchills nowadays? Super slow, super sponge, super long repair. I'd rather just have a cromwell tank for my TDs
2 Mar 2016, 19:39 PM

I still prefer to use Churchills over Comets as damage sponges, the problem here is that the Firefly fires too slowly and costs too much, what would help in the situation is an Achilles or an Archer Mk 1, both are armed with 17 pounders, both are basically glass cannons as they can deal a fair amount of damage with their guns but can't take a shot for shit.

One is a modified M10 Tank Destroyer while the other is a fixed gun TD on the chassis of the Valentine tank, the Archer would be the cheapest 17 pounder armed vehicle in the game of course but would also as mentioned lack a turret.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS