Login

russian armor

Gamebreaking veterancy bug

PAGES (8)down
19 Feb 2016, 13:56 PM

this actually doesn't "need" a hotfix since it effects everyone mostly equally. it makes particular units more or less attractive but it doesn't explicitly favour one faction over another.

of course, it's still a core part of the game missing.

I hope you are trolling. It gives massive advantages to us and su players (lots more survivable infantry than it should be) and absolutely ruins brits with amasing bonuses such as:

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 09:13 AMCruzz
Tommy vet bonuses thus read like this after they've taken a bunch of losses: gain +10 sight in cover at vet1. Start dropping your slot items more at vet3. Give +20% more experience when damaged per level.

19 Feb 2016, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 13:56 PMJadame!

I hope you are trolling. It gives massive advantages to us and su players (lots more survivable infantry than it should be) and absolutely ruins brits with amasing bonuses such as:

What? I'm sorry, but while it affects all factions equally, the soviet union is affected this game hopelessly. Now we know why cons and penals are so shit in the lategame, and the only choice is maxims. While all other factions get lategame infantry, soviet union relies on superior vet . The vet on both penals and cons is superior when compared to volks and grens. But that doesnt matter because it doesn't work :snfPeter:

Axis on the other hand dont get affected so hard by this change, since their rifles are all very high accuracy , medium damage but low rate of fire (for example volks have 80% accuracy at long range) so the 40% accuracy bonus doesnt do much since their accuracy is already near 100%, and of course grens get the LMG so they arent as dependant on veterancy.

Soviets on the other hand have very low accuracy, low RoF, but high damage dealing weapons.
This is compensated by their vet. Penals for example at vet 2 get 40%, and at vet 3 get another 20% or 30% accuracy buff.

USF rifles is kinda hurt too since rifles are supposed to have superior vet from their axis counterpats.

Seriously, once this gets fixed the whole infantry combat starting from mid game and lategame will look completely different. Radical changes incoming :snfPeter:
19 Feb 2016, 18:13 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Just wow.

Wow that this shit is so complicated that nobody even noticed this was happening for months until Cruzz the wizard discovered it. Wow that new players have literally no chance to figure how coh2 actually works (welcome to the game, MLNW3 noob crew), and wow that a conscious decision was made way back when to not show the math in the game itself (tooltips etc).

General Mud indeed.
19 Feb 2016, 18:28 PM

This bug sadly makes me not want to play the game since the infantry play is my favourite part of COH2 and getting my squads to max vet always feels good.

I hope they can resolve the issue quickly.
19 Feb 2016, 18:31 PM

Just wow.

Wow that this shit is so complicated that nobody even noticed this was happening for months until Cruzz the wizard discovered it. Wow that new players have literally no chance to figure how coh2 actually works (welcome to the game, MLNW3 noob crew), and wow that a conscious decision was made way back when to not show the math in the game itself (tooltips etc).

General Mud indeed.

Thank the RNG Gods we have a wizard on our side.

On a more serious note, this is deeply saddening. :guyokay:
19 Feb 2016, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 13:56 PMJadame!
I hope you are trolling. It gives massive advantages to us and su players (lots more survivable infantry than it should be).

Don't get this. Grenadiers, Rifles, Conscripts all get the same cooldown and accuracy modifiers. Volks have higher cooldown/reload buff once they reach vet5 but before that they are pretty the same too. So why should this bug favor USF and SU? Please explain.
19 Feb 2016, 20:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

#JusticeforSmith
19 Feb 2016, 21:50 PM

My whole life is a lie. :snfPeter:

Credits to Cruzzi and hope Relic will fix this as soon as they can (2 months?).
19 Feb 2016, 22:10 PM

And Mr. Smith who first noticed it.
19 Feb 2016, 22:20 PM

And Mr. Smith who first noticed it.

+1
19 Feb 2016, 23:20 PM

This explains why my Tommies and Royal Engineers bleed so badly late-game despite being in cover 90% of the time.
20 Feb 2016, 01:31 AM

Don't get this. Grenadiers, Rifles, Conscripts all get the same cooldown and accuracy modifiers. Volks have higher cooldown/reload buff once they reach vet5 but before that they are pretty the same too. So why should this bug favor USF and SU? Please explain.

In regard to wehr, cons and rifles, 6 and 5 man squads get more from reduced accuraccy than a 4 man gren squads, which rely on hight damage to fight them defensevely at long range and drop models before they can close. More so, grens vet very easily with lmg upgrade, yet this vet soon becomes nothing and prevents them from turning infantry combat even a little into wehr favor.

OKW probably gardened second only to british, all their elite infantry short of jli(crits ftw) with huge dps bonuses from vet practically useless due to cost inefficiency.
20 Feb 2016, 02:25 AM

They don't even care about this game lol. That's why you have the whole community basically bug testing for Relic.

But they are quick to throw out new commanders. People are just being milked like cash cows.

And coh2 is the reason why I'm never buying another Relic game.
20 Feb 2016, 02:27 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 02:25 AMvarunax
They don't even care about this game lol. That's why you have the whole community basically bug testing for Relic.

But they are quick to throw out new commanders. People are just being milked like cash cows.

And coh2 is the reason why I'm never buying another Relic game.

they care but they're clearly working on another project (dow3 go!) and they've had some weird (and bad) priorities when it comes to balancing.
20 Feb 2016, 04:34 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 01:31 AMJadame!

In regard to wehr, cons and rifles, 6 and 5 man squads get more from reduced accuraccy than a 4 man gren squads, which rely on hight damage to fight them defensevely at long range and drop models before they can close. More so, grens vet very easily with lmg upgrade, yet this vet soon becomes nothing and prevents them from turning infantry combat even a little into wehr favor.

OKW probably gardened second only to british, all their elite infantry short of jli(crits ftw) with huge dps bonuses from vet practically useless due to cost inefficiency.

There is a lot wrong here. The bug was in effect for about 5 months now, according to Cruzzi. The knowledge about it will not suddenly make all axis infantry perform worse. Furthermore grens are the worst example to pick to make your point since the lmg is the thing that mostly mitigates the effect and is the biggest contributor to their dps. Cons, penals or volks (infantry without lmg access) are the ones most affected.

Furthermore USF seems to be the faction most severly affected since not even the defensive bonuses apply to their officiers, which means a vet 3 captain/lieutenant is basically a vet 0 squad with 3 stars. Sappers and tommies still profit from certain aspects of their vet (scoped lee enfields for more dps, cover bonus and cost reduction for the sappers).

I'm glad CuddleTronic reacted quickly and has forwarded the information within Relic. I'm sure it will get fixed but for now, it's harly the end of the world and more importantly it will have zero impact on the game we played for 5 months now.
20 Feb 2016, 04:40 AM

This is exactly why arguing and balancing stats from the spreadsheet, outside of play(test)ing in the game, can be such a ridiculous exercise.
20 Feb 2016, 05:06 AM

My whole life is a lie. :snfPeter:

Credits to Cruzzi and hope Relic will fix this as soon as they can (2 months?).

It'll be fixed in 2 years, if we're lucky. :hansGG:

Or maybe they will release a premium commander that fixes the vet. Functional Veterancy Tactics.
20 Feb 2016, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 01:31 AMJadame!

Personally I think that SU and Ostheer profit the most from this veterancy bug. Simply because of the fact that both can go for mainly support weapons with a transition into light vehicles and tanks. Without their offensive bonus infantry performs worse versus support weapons and vehicles if they carry handheld AT-weapons. Because of that I think USF and OKW suffer the most, both factions rely heavily on their infantry even in lategame. Brits suffer too, (although not relying as strong on infantry) because their mainline infantry basically stays at Vet0 over the whole game (missing offensive and defensive bonus). SU and Ostheer seem to profit in comparison to other factions.
20 Feb 2016, 14:42 PM

Or maybe they will release a premium commander that fixes the vet. Functional Veterancy Tactics.

lmao
20 Feb 2016, 17:15 PM

It'll be fixed in 2 years, if we're lucky. :hansGG:

Or just elite troops doctrine
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 59
Poland 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %