Login

russian armor

Replace spio with vgren as okw starting unit

PAGES (8)down
15 Feb 2016, 11:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 11:11 AMTNrg

Inb4 truesight abusing :foreveralone:

But seriously, I think the sturmpio + kubel combo gives OKW too much of an early game advantage in capping and fighting power. Especially on maps where you can rush a house on a fuel point/cut-off.

"OKW are a late game faction" :snfPeter:
15 Feb 2016, 11:53 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 11:36 AMashxu

"OKW are a late game faction" :snfPeter:

Relic claimed that okw is super early game faction, didn't they? :snfPeter:
15 Feb 2016, 11:56 AM

Relic claimed that okw is super early game faction, didn't they? :snfPeter:

Actually it is a super all time faction :foreveralone:
15 Feb 2016, 11:59 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 11:56 AMEsxile

Actually it is a super all time faction :foreveralone:

Yeah, but thats due to ridiculous resource changes not performance of units.
Hux
15 Feb 2016, 12:12 PM
Patrion 14

I agree that OKW are just silly now. I also think this is just the after-effect of a very inconsistent design process. I mean design them with a resource penalty, then remove it? lol

I mean look at OKW Now. They have:

• a starting army with a value higher than the others. Really potent starting inf that need to be handled (usually by 2 others)

• highly mobile capping unit that can also do small amounts of damage

• Very decent mainline inf that have access to anti garrison grenades AND shrecks
  • ability to lock down areas of the map with their Tier buildings AND access to forward repairs and/or heal by simply teching
  • Questionable Vet structure
  • Non-doctrinal heavy tank

OKW - for went you want to have your cake and eat it
15 Feb 2016, 12:18 PM

The only complain I have its mobility of this starting unit, it allows you to jump in strategic buildings too fast on some maps.
15 Feb 2016, 12:30 PM

Yeah, but thats due to ridiculous resource changes not performance of units.

Not sure about that *cough*resource changes+volks buff+sturms cheaper+obers and falls and spios reinforce cheaper then general formula+no side techs+free medics+free repair stations+free flak*cough*.

OKW is still a special snowflake on all fronts. Maxims is the only thing in game OKW struggles with.
15 Feb 2016, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 12:12 PMHux
I agree that OKW are just silly now. I also think this is just the after-effect of a very inconsistent design process. I mean design them with a resource penalty, then remove it? lol

I mean look at OKW Now. They have:

• a starting army with a value higher than the others. Really potent starting inf that need to be handled (usually by 2 others)

• highly mobile capping unit that can also do small amounts of damage

• Very decent mainline inf that have access to anti garrison grenades AND shrecks
  • ability to lock down areas of the map with their Tier buildings AND access to forward repairs and/or heal by simply teching
  • Questionable Vet structure
  • Non-doctrinal heavy tank

OKW - for went you want to have your cake and eat it

Yeah I agree. The kubel should maybe either get a small price increase or durability nerf. It's quite hard to kill before AT nades unless you forget it for 1-2 minutes. The design plan for OKW and the actual changes to i's teching don't make much sense. Other changes are quite nice but still, OKW's teching is too strong and the area denial effect of the T4 is unfair. At least the gun upgrade to the flak truck should cost some munitions or fuel.
15 Feb 2016, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 12:30 PMKatitof

Maxims is the only thing in game OKW struggles with.

Inb4 incendiary rifle nade for volks? :snfQuinn:
15 Feb 2016, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 12:32 PMTNrg

Inb4 incendiary rifle nade for volks? :snfQuinn:

Since when did volks get an incen rifle nade? If you mean the incen nade, good maxim set ups will stop them from getting close enough (i.e more than one)
Hux
15 Feb 2016, 13:25 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 12:31 PMTNrg

For me the kubel should fill a mostly scouting role - hell I wouldn't mind if the price was lowered and it's offensive capabilities were removed and its health nerfed slightly and in exchange it gained more speed, maneuverability (because it always has handled like a shopping trolley) and scouting ability.

The faction doesn't need all that early firepower AND capping ability. If this happened, the Kubel could be used as an early game scouting unit that allows the OKW to know where their opponents are going map-control wise and place their HQ's accordingly.

I don't necessarily agree that the flak truck needs to be a purchasable upgrade but repairs, healing and shrecks should be. If this was the case the OKW would have to be more cautious with their truck placement, in the early-mid game anyway and the kubel would be the ideal unit for making sure this happens. rather than just capping the rest of the map while a squad of pios and volks hold up your army at your cutoff

15 Feb 2016, 13:45 PM

Since when did volks get an incen rifle nade? If you mean the incen nade, good maxim set ups will stop them from getting close enough (i.e more than one)

They don't have one, was just a joke mate :P
15 Feb 2016, 16:11 PM

Embrace the OKW, at this point it's basically a better Ostheer.
15 Feb 2016, 16:39 PM

you live up to your name dont you captain qq

Addressing something you think is an issue in a calm manner is considered crying?

Is that what you are saying?

God I really hope you weren't just trying to be clever. You being a bad troll would be preferable honestly.
15 Feb 2016, 16:41 PM

I refuse to add anything to the conversation

fix'd that for you

I hope you ask for the playercard of everyone that agrees it is a problem, too.
15 Feb 2016, 16:47 PM

i refuse to show my playercard because people could see i don't have any experience about the game mechanics and/or am a 4v4 one-faction hero. instead of trying to get better, watch replays, figure out tactics and get used to the mechanics, i prefer whining in this forum

fix'd for you
15 Feb 2016, 16:52 PM

fix'd for you

Ask everyone else for their player card too then. Even the ones that think it's fine. If a player card is the only thing you respect then demand it from everyone in this thread.

Oh. You won't? Didn't think so.

You have nothing to add to this conversation. You are here for your own enjoyment which apparently is to derail the conversation.

Adults are talking now. Run along.
15 Feb 2016, 17:37 PM

play OKW before crying about it cuz clearly you have not. yes, in 1v1 sturms will have the upper hand in 1v1 if they come close, where as if you fire from from distance they WILL drop atleast a model and lose alot of dps and lol rushing a building with sturms? you just have to fire at the building from max distance which minimizes their dps. the only faction that can abuse building rushes early game are UKF infantry sections.

AND LOL the amount of BS about infantry sections in green cover vs sturms closing in is nonsense, yes strums might have a chance (LOW) of winning but in MOST cases IS in green cover WILL BEAT STURMS closing in. If sturms get the drop from bh or something then its a different story.
15 Feb 2016, 17:42 PM

Kubel as a starting unit instead of sturmpios could be interesting.
15 Feb 2016, 17:55 PM
Donator 11

They already have a pretty good start with the kubal and its a great harassment unit. That being said it shouldn't be able to cap faster now that OKW have full resource income when it was first tested in alpha.
Adjusting starting MP would make it so double Sturms require you to wait a bit to push them out the door making volks or a kubal your first starting unit.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS