Login

russian armor

Increase AEC's price from 50 to 70 fuel

14 Feb 2016, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2016, 13:21 PMNEVEC
Relic multiples it aoe 5 times.

Relic increased a number in the AOE equation to 5 times it's previous value. The actual AOE has increased by 2500%.
14 Feb 2016, 13:59 PM

AEC is just IMBA not even OP, IMBA!!! smashes suqads like nothing, cost nothing and shoots fast as hell..... 4 models at once is np, dealing up to p4 np, puma just dies because its rate of fire and cost twice as much and has only a slow firing gun compaird to the aec.

so dumb, i try to handel this shit with puma but than i am in a massiv leak of fuel and if this pays not directly off you are fucked and can wirte gg :facepalm:
14 Feb 2016, 14:27 PM

AEC is just IMBA not even OP, IMBA!!! smashes suqads like nothing, cost nothing and shoots fast as hell..... 4 models at once is np, dealing up to p4 np, puma just dies because its rate of fire and cost twice as much and has only a slow firing gun compaird to the aec.

so dumb, i try to handel this shit with puma but than i am in a massiv leak of fuel and if this pays not directly off you are fucked and can wirte gg :facepalm:

Remember smoke and flank hans!
14 Feb 2016, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2016, 13:21 PMNEVEC

Relic multiples it aoe 5 times.

That would sound scary, if AoE was a straight line instead of circle and if AEC had any AoE to begin with.
In was inferior puma under all aspects except for armor, which makes no difference at that low values anyway.
14 Feb 2016, 15:37 PM

Previous to the AEC buff Ostheer had no reason to get a Pak out until much much later, it was a needed change.

It really isn't as powerful as people make it out to be...

One thing I would suggest would be to make smoke vet 1 or even remove it completely (also fix the bugged ability)
14 Feb 2016, 15:45 PM

As I said, I think the AEC itself shouldn't be nerfed, but its price should be increased.

British early game is tough and can hardly be agressive, so that faction needs a vehicule to compensate that. But it really need to come at the Stuart ot T70 timer, or maybe a little earlier, but definitely not at the 5 minutes mark.

I agree that OKW can deal with the AEC, but Ostheer can only do the same by rushing the T2 which reduces a lot its field presence, which is already quite weak.

When I play Ostheer in 2v2, AECs are a real pain. Me or my ally are forced to rush AT asap (and when I play with randoms, it is not very simple to agree on a common strategy).
Also, even if I don't play 1v1 very often, the AEC is a wider pain in this mode. The Ostheer player cannot make a single mistake within AEC's efficiency time window or it's a defeat, while the British player can.

It is obvious that the AEC should be nerfed, or something buffed in Ostheer's armory to deal with it with more ease.
14 Feb 2016, 17:17 PM

As I said, I think the AEC itself shouldn't be nerfed, but its price should be increased.

British early game is tough and can hardly be agressive, so that faction needs a vehicule to compensate that. But it really need to come at the Stuart ot T70 timer, or maybe a little earlier, but definitely not at the 5 minutes mark.

I agree that OKW can deal with the AEC, but Ostheer can only do the same by rushing the T2 which reduces a lot its field presence, which is already quite weak.

When I play Ostheer in 2v2, AECs are a real pain. Me or my ally are forced to rush AT asap (and when I play with randoms, it is not very simple to agree on a common strategy).
Also, even if I don't play 1v1 very often, the AEC is a wider pain in this mode. The Ostheer player cannot make a single mistake within AEC's efficiency time window or it's a defeat, while the British player can.

It is obvious that the AEC should be nerfed, or something buffed in Ostheer's armory to deal with it with more ease.

But however you phrase it, increasing the cost of the AEC is nerfing it.

I think it's a difficult one to balance. I agree that maybe the cost should go up BUT in exchange some of the UKFs side teching needs reducing in price, especially grenades.
14 Feb 2016, 17:22 PM

See, I feel like the AEC is attempting to occupy the same spot that the M8 Greyhound did for Americans in vCoH.

Which, right now it kind of does. The problem is it comes as a choice between it and the Bofors as a side tech, not as a choice to go all-in on tech investment. It doesn't come out in a way that has any strategic implications for the Brits. It's always an easy fallback choice, rather than a hard to achieve goal.
14 Feb 2016, 18:06 PM

Just give me something that can counter sniper + Osttruppen horde and you can nerf AEC as much as you like.
15 Feb 2016, 05:40 AM

What about just giving it the ptrs treatment? Lower its damage vs infantry but allow it to retain its damage vs infantry. The good AOE would still allow it to support and harass infantry without AT but not model snipe.
15 Feb 2016, 11:34 AM

Don't worry the AEC will be addressed in the patch, this is almost certain. I think that 70 fuel is a fair nerf, I think it could do with a little mobility as a compensation for the 20 fuel increase.
15 Feb 2016, 11:39 AM

OKW is not the only bloody Axis faction. Can people please stop basing balance off of them? AEC wrecks shit with Ost, not with OKW. As far as the medium argument, the AEC has a 75mm gun, which I believe has identical stats to the Cromwell (don't hold me to this, could be wrong) so it's equal to mediums in that respect. Also, if AEC comes out, it can gain map control over Ost, putting them in a rough spot as far as vehicles, or anything for that matter.

no way or there would be no reason to get a cromwell and you would just stack AECs. I mean then you could simply double your firepower with two AECs. Also AEC has smoke while Cromwell doesn't.
15 Feb 2016, 11:42 AM

Panzergrenadiers with schreks are quite good against the AEC, but arrive after the pak and cost 120 munitions. To be used as a counter to the AEC they must be rushed, so it means that the Ostheer player will have no LMGs on his grens, which make the fight against tommies really hard ...

Go Sniper then? A good tactic is to screen your sniper with Grens and faust the AEC if they give chase. If you nab a hit then get your AT gun in position or get your pgrens up and you will kill the AEC in one salvo on top of the faust.

How is AEC rush any different from rushing a Stuart or M10 besides it comes out faster? for the UKF it's almost guarenteed that they'll get one too unlike USF where they could get either. Also IS suck compared to Rifles

Just give me something that can counter sniper + Osttruppen horde and you can nerf AEC as much as you like.

This. You haven't seen an early game crush until you've tried UKF vs Ostruppen.
15 Feb 2016, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 11:42 AMashxu

Go Sniper then? A good tactic is to screen your sniper with Grens and faust the AEC if they give chase. If you nab a hit then get your AT gun in position or get your pgrens up and you will kill the AEC in one salvo on top of the faust.

How is AEC rush any different from rushing a Stuart or M10 besides it comes out faster? for the UKF it's almost guarenteed that they'll get one too unlike USF where they could get either. Also IS suck compared to Rifles

This. You haven't seen an early game crush until you've tried UKF vs Ostruppen.

WTF? you dont have the mp or time to have a sniper PG's/pak and several grens. wtf is wrong with you? And the problem of the aec is that

1.it has superior AT and AI to the stuart (to the point its a threat to all medium armour)
2.much cheaper then the stuart
3.comes out faster then the stuart
4.comes on a defensive faction and doesnt need something like the AEC.

all in all the aec needs its aoe removed and the infantry sections buffed. Anybody disagreeing is a real idiot in my opinion. That the brits needed to be buffed early game was certain. buffing the AEC was one the stupidest thing relic did since dow 2 1.3 patch.

15 Feb 2016, 14:02 PM

What about just giving it the ptrs treatment? Lower its damage vs infantry but allow it to retain its damage vs infantry. The good AOE would still allow it to support and harass infantry without AT but not model snipe.

FYI, T-70 does 40 dmg.
15 Feb 2016, 14:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

It has several issues, cost just being one of them. Its HP is too high, its AOE is too high, and it has smoke. This makes it nearly unkillable in the right hands.
15 Feb 2016, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 14:01 PMZyllen

WTF? you dont have the mp or time to have a sniper PG's/pak and several grens. wtf is wrong with you? And the problem of the aec is that

1.it has superior AT and AI to the stuart (to the point its a threat to all medium armour)
2.much cheaper then the stuart
3.comes out faster then the stuart
4.comes on a defensive faction and doesnt need something like the AEC.

all in all the aec needs its aoe removed and the infantry sections buffed. Anybody disagreeing is a real idiot in my opinion. That the brits needed to be buffed early game was certain. buffing the AEC was one the stupidest thing relic did since dow 2 1.3 patch.

aannnnd i'm never posting in the coh2 balance subforum ever again

please go back to the steam forums
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 58
unknown 2
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L