The Maxim HMG needs a hotfix.

12 Feb 2016, 10:14 AM

+ 1
And to add its a viable strat to spam mg42 so its goes both ways

12 Feb 2016, 12:12 PM
12 Feb 2016, 12:35 PM

@banna; That 9+ Win streak as the SU, how did you get there :D

12 Feb 2016, 12:44 PM

Incremental accuracy did nothing at all for maxims when playing against people who do not blob.
12 Feb 2016, 12:49 PM

First thing I would like to see is that units that are completely in green cover don't get suppressed (as it is supposed to be). Currently, it's simple the roll of a dice wether your squad gets suppressed or not.
12 Feb 2016, 12:51 PM

-30% rec. acc. for Penals and screw Maxims!
12 Feb 2016, 13:58 PM

Hmgs are annoying and they force me to changue my tactics = nerf them so i dont have to worry about them
12 Feb 2016, 14:20 PM

Hmgs are annoying and they force me to changue my tactics = nerf them so i dont have to worry about them

Like which one, Maxims are still powerful and potent whatever tactics you use. I mean as Ostheer you aether try to flank and kill maxim eary on or you rely heavy on snipers\mortars. In fist situation you are not allowed to make any mistakes and in second situation soviet player can out-cap or overwhelm you pretty easy.

As OKW its only flanking and flanking, without a single mistake, until fist tech. You probably would like to go for Stuka.

The problem with maxims is that they 1) A-moving HMG 2) It creates really bad snowball effect.
12 Feb 2016, 14:46 PM

Replace Maxims with Mg42 4-man squad. Problem solved. NOT! People will still find a means to complain regardless.
12 Feb 2016, 15:17 PM

A see it this way

1. Are Maxims are overused? In my opinion yes
2. Are the factions are balanced at the moment (pretty much, allies are even in better spot then axis now)
3. Should we buff other infraty (Mostly Penals) to make them more viable? In my opinion yes
4. Can we do that without breaking the balance? In my opinion, no.
5 The conclusion is that Maxims should be nerfed just a little bit! And because we don't want to make SU useless we should buff their other infranty. How's that sound to you guys?

Sounds good to me.

Unfortunately, knowing Relic, they will not do incremental balance changes such as this but decide to make Maxims into a 2 man squad with 0 DPS and give Penals communist laser rifles that kill KT in one hit while projecting an imagine of Stalin dancing with a bear.

But so long as Soviet basic infantry gets run over by Volks (and upgraded Grens to a lesser extent), you're going to see Maxims.
12 Feb 2016, 15:22 PM

But so long as Soviet basic infantry gets run over by Volks (and upgraded Grens to a lesser extent), you're going to see Maxims.

Really dude? Aside from the obvious polemics, since when are Volks better than Grens in the AI department?
12 Feb 2016, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 15:22 PMDomine

Really dude? Aside from the obvious polemics, since when are Volks better than Grens in the AI department?

They're better because they work in mass and 5 man squad with FRP and healing. Grens with lmgs require to be static, only have 4 man squads, have to retreat all the way to base, and they have to save that MP for MGs, mortars, snipers, and especially pak40 (for that AEC/light vehicle counter).

OKW's early build is... volks or sturms for infantry and they'll roll over all soviet mobile infantry. They don't have to save MP for AT because they'll just get shreks.

Here's a reference for damage of the weapon profiles:
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=volksgrenadier_kar_98k_rifle_mp
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=grenadier_kar_98k_rifle_mp

At range, grenadiers are stronger 4 x 16 damage. Volks = 5 x 12. However, as models drop which grens often lose a man, 3 x 16 = 4 x 12 if my math is not incorrect. This is just looking at their damage overall but you can see that volks are more likely to charge to not worrying too much about dps drop especially en masse while grens will have to be used more defensively at range.

So on a unit by unit comparison, grens are better than volks in AI. In game with multiple units, volks are efficient. They're "good enough" to beat SOV cons and penals.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
12 Feb 2016, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 15:22 PMDomine

Conscripts beat (unupgraded) grens at close range, but struggle vs Volks at all ranges, and that's without putting flamenades into the equation.

Ostheer also usually uses a Gren + MG42 combination, which conscripts can counter or (more commonly) work around to a degree. OKW usually opens with 3 Volks, maybe a Kubel in the mix, which along with Sturmpios usually run over the poor conscripts unless a skill disparity is present. So while Grens deal more damage, they are more easily countered by conscripts because the two units are somewhat assymetrically balanced, whereas in terms of combat stats Volks are almost simply better than conscripts early game and push them around no matter how the engagement happens unless the OKW player makes mistakes.

Thus, Maxims, which for less micro than conscripts require will give you far better result vs Volks, and also serve to deter the Volksblob in a pinch which concripts are hilariously impotent against.
12 Feb 2016, 18:32 PM

So to sum it up;

Does the SU's early game suck against the new OKW and to an extent against OST? YES

Does the maxim win early/mid games on its own if you build more than 1? YES
12 Feb 2016, 18:43 PM

So to sum it up;

Does the SU's early game suck against the new OKW and to an extent against OST? YES

Does the maxim win early/mid games on its own if you build more than 1? YES

For me atleast maxims Dominate okw from early to mid-late, lategame is okw again with their armor but the VPs are use ally so heavy in your favor that there is only a minimal time spent in late. Maxims can 1v1 every okw unit and even 1v2 them with a bit of map knowledge and sight.
I use Triple maxim accuracy thought which leads to 9% increased dps (or is it calculated the other way of %? Dont know the english Term for it..)
12 Feb 2016, 20:31 PM

Kappa maxims can be a pain, but they're fine
12 Feb 2016, 21:54 PM

on a serious note:

maxim is very strong but what makes it really OP is that every player below rank 600 is playing OKW and maxims just wipe the floor with OKW.

ostheer can be really challenging but okw is just a cakewalk with maxims and it requires major fuckups from the soviet side to lose the matchup.

(last 20 games i had 2 ostheers, both were noobs which i got matched against because of lack of player in search)
'

How do I counter the luchs that inevitably comes out every time i spam maxim?
12 Feb 2016, 22:20 PM

OP pls :snfQuinn:

all the balance threads you've made are pro-axis. Show us your playercard or shoo. Soviet lategame is lackluster atm. Maxims are the only thing keeping me in the fight most games.
12 Feb 2016, 23:59 PM

Maxims OP .. hahahahah what the fuck guys.
13 Feb 2016, 05:16 AM

'

How do I counter the luchs that inevitably comes out every time i spam maxim?

Zis gun is in the same tier as maxim. So you dont even need to tech to counter it. You May say 1 zis is not enough and a good Player will circle Strafe it but:
1) know the map, often only limited approaches are possible

2)spam mines, they are so cheap and you flood muni anyway (i Start building mines right at my first 30muni )

3) i go Shock rifle 99% so use the stealth ability for zis, really good

4) at 6:30 hear and look in the fog of War, most of the time you can Spot the luchs right away and set your zis gun accordingly up

That way you can either destroy it right away if hit by mines or Stall it easyily toll your t70 comes out 2mins later. Dont panic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★