Login

russian armor

The Maxim HMG needs a hotfix.

11 Feb 2016, 22:47 PM

Anyone who thinks maxims are fine has never played as okw on crossing in the woods/ettelbruck/moscow/rails/pretty much any other 2v2 map.

It's their huge squad size combined with extremely quick set-up time, massive fire atc when in a building and the requirement to build a truck for grenades which makes them so insanely good vs okw.

It's frustrating to deal with as ost but at least you have some early game solutions.
11 Feb 2016, 22:51 PM

win rate doesnt say a lot about a single unit, overperforming maxims mixed with an underperforming rest could mean a balanced faction. additonally i dont find maxim spam fun to play against, even if it is balanced.

Oh for god's sake. I don't find OKW volks shrek spam fun to play against. I don't find late game panzerwerfer and calliope fun to play against. i don't find sniper spam fun to play against. I don't find mortar spam or sim city fun to play against. I don't find ambient building partisans or fallschims fun to play against. So even if it's balanced I DEMAND THEM TO CHANGE! (that's sarcasm if you don't get it).

That's what you're telling me. Just because it's not fun to play against doesn't mean it has to change. Otherwise there would be a thread for everything that no one had fun playing against.
11 Feb 2016, 22:55 PM
Donator 11

lol, i'm not JUST saying that, i personally find maxims too strong.

and yes, relics ultimate goal should be to avoid things that make this game unfun, because thats what a game should be about. so stick your sarcasm where you sticked your fun ^^
11 Feb 2016, 22:59 PM

lol, i'm not JUST saying that, i personally find maxims too strong.

and yes, relics ultimate goal should be to avoid things that make this game unfun, because thats what a game should be about. so stick your sarcasm where you sticked your fun ^^

Which can never happen because what one side uses to win or have fun will always not be fun on the other receiving side. Or, make a mirror match of everything and it'll be equal and stale.
11 Feb 2016, 23:08 PM

Which can never happen because what one side uses to win or have fun will always not be fun on the other receiving side. Or, make a mirror match of everything and it'll be equal and stale.

That's bullshit though. Losing does not have to lead to something not being fun. Besides, it's so much more frustrating to lose to shitty RNG-based abilities and poorly designed units than it is to good flanking and tactics by your opponent.
11 Feb 2016, 23:09 PM
Donator 11

i disagree fundamentally. they may not be able to erase everything anitfun, but they can make loosing less frustrating. is usually dont mind loosing if it was a good game, but i mind people that are much worse than me (worse map awareness, map control, positioning) winning because a-moving maxims is that easy.
its the same with other games, for example LOL. the most hated champions are th antofun ones and many want them nerfed...
11 Feb 2016, 23:52 PM

i really don't think maxims are a balance issue at the moment. suppression in general is very strong in coh2 due to a lack of unit variety.

Weren't you the guy who said AEC's arent a problem?
12 Feb 2016, 00:02 AM

Don't you know the Luchs counters the AEC? And then Puma is the counter to comet.
12 Feb 2016, 05:55 AM
Patrion 28

no, i'm the guy who said i haven't had issues with them.
12 Feb 2016, 06:00 AM

i wonder what the OP's real playercard looks like kappa kappa kappa

maxim is fine, get sniper for ost or ISG for okw. not hard, l2p
12 Feb 2016, 06:08 AM
Patrion 28

#
sorry not wanting to sound rude but with what ingame experience do you justify that statement? looking at your playercard...

i've spammed maxims since they were buffed myself and i've spammed MG42s. i don't think i've actually run into any maxim spammers recently but soviets don't seem to be very popular at the moment and the people i have run into generally went for cons; some of them also went for snipers and penals.

anyway, the reason i don't think maxims themselves are the issue is because OKH have rifle grenades and OKW has incendiary grenades and quick lusch or 251/17.

rifle grenades by themselves are not very effiecent at killing maxims, especially if the number of grens is less than or equal to the number of maxims, but together with something else to do the actual decrewing (mortars, MG42, 251/16, etc) the rifle grenade is quite effective at forcing maxims off, particularly if there is a squad there to threaten capture of the weapon.

OKW can generally get a volks squad close enough to throw an incendiary grenade and then the maxim has to move. the 251/17 is risky, both because it tends to shoot the ground and because the zis is in the same tier as the maxim, but it outputs a lot of damage when it hits. the lusch will absolutely wreck maxims once it comes out.

while maxim spam is very effective from buildings or in narrow areas where they can layer, the same is true of the MG42 and the vickers. the maxim is more mobile than the vickers or the MG42 but outside of buildings it has a smaller arc and it suffers from motorcycle pathing.
12 Feb 2016, 06:11 AM

i've spammed maxims since they were buffed myself and i've spammed MG42s. i don't think i've actually run into any maxim spammers recently but soviets don't seem to be very popular at the moment and the people i have run into generally went for cons; some of them also went for snipers and penals.

anyway, the reason i don't think maxims themselves are the issue is because OKH have rifle grenades and OKW has incendiary grenades and quick lusch or 251/17.

rifle grenades by themselves are not very effiecent at killing maxims, especially if the number of grens is less than or equal to the number of maxims, but together with something else to do the actual decrewing (mortars, MG42, 251/16, etc) the rifle grenade is quite effective at forcing maxims off, particularly if there is a squad there to threaten capture of the weapon.

OKW can generally get a volks squad close enough to throw an incendiary grenade and then the maxim has to move. the 251/17 is risky, both because it tends to shoot the ground and because the zis is in the same tier as the maxim, but it outputs a lot of damage when it hits. the lusch will absolutely wreck maxims once it comes out.

while maxim spam is very effective from buildings or in narrow areas where they can layer, the same is true of the MG42 and the vickers. the maxim is more mobile than the vickers or the MG42 but outside of buildings it has a smaller arc and it suffers from motorcycle pathing.

You can't be serious bro... You can't spam Mg 42's or Vickers, maxim's are cheap and designed towards assault rather than defence. And 6 men crews.

Soviets are very popular right now, this being a reason why.

12 Feb 2016, 06:14 AM
Patrion 28

You can't be serious bro... You can't spam Mg 42's or Vickers, maxim's are cheap and designed towards assault rather than defence. And 6 men crews.

Soviets are very popular right now, this being a reason why.

3 MG42s is extremely effective on certain maps in team games until heavy artillery comes out.

regardless of the popularity of soviets, i have run into far more brits and usf than the former.
12 Feb 2016, 07:38 AM

3 MG42s is extremely effective on certain maps in team games until heavy artillery comes out.

regardless of the popularity of soviets, i have run into far more brits and usf than the former.

If your playing team games, USF and Brits will appear more simply because of the cheesy commanders and units that need to be fixed.
12 Feb 2016, 09:01 AM

U want to nerf maxim? Fine, then buff cons and penals.
12 Feb 2016, 09:13 AM

Maxim spam not only rewards players victories they wouldn't normally get but it is so incredibly boring to play against.

I'd rather just not surrender and find a fun game then play vs someone using 3/4 maxims which seems to be common.
12 Feb 2016, 09:25 AM

Cool Story but my question is and was wth what ingame experience do you justify your Statement? You barely (dont) play at all. Look at my playercard im currently abusive my way to the top and it's easy weasy cheesy. But ye tell me more with your theorycrafting and telling its fine :)
(Ofc something other needs to be buffed because maxims are the only viable choice as SU atm, doesnt change the fact that maxim needs little skill but you get amazing results. Not to mention it's Dull to play and Dull to play against.)

And lol@ luchs or flame ht! Do you know why ? Zis gun is in the same Tier as maxim, I dont even need to tech to counter their expensive tech. And since flooding munitions, map control due maxims and 2 pio Start you got like 10 mines anyway. But again your theorycrafting i guess
12 Feb 2016, 09:28 AM

I had a match yesterday on moscow as OKW agains maxim spam, i really thanked him for give me so much mgs
12 Feb 2016, 09:56 AM

A see it this way

1. Are Maxims are overused? In my opinion yes
2. Are the factions are balanced at the moment (pretty much, allies are even in better spot then axis now)
3. Should we buff other infraty (Mostly Penals) to make them more viable? In my opinion yes
4. Can we do that without breaking the balance? In my opinion, no.
5 The conclusion is that Maxims should be nerfed just a little bit! And because we don't want to make SU useless we should buff their other infranty. How's that sound to you guys?
12 Feb 2016, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 09:41 AMKatitof
I like all that selective memory from freshly made troll accounts.

Lets recap some facts, shall we?

-HMGs underperformed, all of them, that included maxims
-you could a-move over every HMG with anything better then CEs/pios
-all HMGs needed buffs, including soviet ones, because of blobs, mainly OKW blobs.
-penals are unusable, so no point getting them
-conscripts are not scaling at all so no point getting them
-everyone is sick and tired of using 2 doctrines only just to have infantry that can fight

Conclusion: maxim overuse is not a result of any overbuff, but the result of alternative options, which should be the backbone of the army, not being valid at all.

And last but not least, the fanboys warrioring for HMG buffs you mentioned were axis in vast majority, using single, unsupported HMG against 3-4 LMG rifles and expecting it to win.

+ 1
And to add its a viable strat to spam mg42 so its goes both ways
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight