Login

russian armor

New British Helms Deep commanders

10 Feb 2016, 20:25 PM
10 Feb 2016, 20:26 PM

I wonder what hides behind "improved fortifications"

By the way, I knew this commander looks familiar...

10 Feb 2016, 20:37 PM

Better helms deep than balls deep :snfPeter:
10 Feb 2016, 20:38 PM

I wonder what hides behind "improved fortifications"

My guess is that its just an upgrade that increases the base defense of emplacements so that that can take an a few extra hits. I really doubt its an improved Brace.

I'm more intrigued by the counter battery and how they work with the base 25 pounders... most players barely use them so the ability to keep them on permanent counter-fire against ISGs could be rather good seeing as how OKW players will usually park them next to trucks.
10 Feb 2016, 20:42 PM

My guess is that its just an upgrade that increases the base defense of emplacements so that that can take an a few extra hits. I really doubt its an improved Brace.

I'm more intrigued by the counter battery and how they work with the base 25 pounders... most players barely use them so the ability to keep them on permanent counter-fire against ISGs could be rather good seeing as how OKW players will usually park them next to trucks.

Yea, the counter barrage seems like the best ability for me in this commander. Maybe it won't be deadly but at least it will force to move/retreat.
10 Feb 2016, 20:42 PM

well I'm going to be buying both of these. They look pretty awesome XD
10 Feb 2016, 20:56 PM

People complained about annoying emplacements in Coh1.

Reintroduce them anyway and add an invincibility-button.

People complained about annoying emplacements in Coh2 and especially about brace.

Now make it even worse by introducing improved emplacements that can be repaired and built more easily.

Are you kidding me? Do you want to destroy this game? How the fuck is it going to be enjoyable to play against someone sitting around?

That bearded dude shall hereby be known as the "Cancer Commander".
10 Feb 2016, 21:05 PM

10 Feb 2016, 21:07 PM

How the hell people can already rage if they haven't seen yet this abilities in action? Huh?
10 Feb 2016, 21:09 PM

How the hell people can already rage if they haven't seen yet this abilities in action? Huh?
I have seen brace in action and it´s annoying. In fact I´m barely playing Axis at this point. It´s no rocket science that this is going to be even worse.

Emplacements have no fucking place in this game. It is about combined arms, mobility and flanking. Not sitting on your lazy ass.

The worst part is people complaining about that issue even in Coh1 and the total disregard of this critic. To add insult to injury emplacements get more and more annoying abilities.

Please. Give us a faction with veterancy that can be bought. It was total shit in coh1 and did not belong into the game. But that does not matter, huh?
10 Feb 2016, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 21:09 PMButcher
I have seen brace in action and it´s annoying. In fact I´m barely playing Axis at this point. It´s no rocket science that this shit is going to be even worse.

This shit has no fucking place in this game. It is about combined arms, mobility and flanking. Not sitting on your lazy ass.

But brace can be denied very easily...

Ok, please use your rocket science and tell what's going to be OP in this commander.
10 Feb 2016, 21:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 21:09 PMButcher

Emplacements have no fucking place in this game. It is about combined arms, mobility and flanking. Not sitting on your lazy ass.

yeah, well, thats just, like, your opinion man.

there are many ways players can choose to play this game.
10 Feb 2016, 21:17 PM

Well, theres 3rd brit commaner with a spec-ops, nice. In the meantime i cant wait for some cool soviet and wehr commander, and i hope it will be not Komissar aka Not one step back doctrine, cuz its really stupid.
10 Feb 2016, 21:18 PM

they should add some flavour to glider commandos in return.
10 Feb 2016, 21:23 PM

man these flamers locked by commanders are really annoying.:loco:
10 Feb 2016, 21:24 PM

I guess it early to say but I going to predict that both commander are going to prove problematic when it comes to balance.

Mobile assault regiment:
Advance cover combat....In other word the strongest mainline infantry will have no penalties when fighting out of cover and will be even better in cover...Sounds like trouble

Infiltration commandos:
The strongest ambush units will be able to enter the field behind enemy lines undetected...Sounds like trouble

Land mattress:
Rocket artillery at CP 5...Sounds like trouble

Advance Emplacement regiment:
Advanced assembly
spaming repair/reinforce/forward retreat points...No need at all to make Royal engineers...Sounds like trouble

Counter battery:
Able to counter enemy indirect fire at CP 4...Sounds like trouble

Then again I could be wrong...

10 Feb 2016, 21:25 PM

they should add some flavour to glider commandos in return.

They already have a super cool "im landing over here" ability that makes them cost an arm and a leg, what more flavour do you want?
10 Feb 2016, 21:27 PM

First commander is going to counter Snipers, blow up blobs, give free cover at the cost of munis, and allow royal engineer flamer spam. Second commander looks useless besides the added emplacement bonus. :foreveralone:
P2W :banana:
10 Feb 2016, 21:28 PM

They already have a super cool "im landing over here" ability that makes them cost an arm and a leg, what more flavour do you want?

house commandos are more practical than giant glider commandos.
10 Feb 2016, 21:28 PM

If they remove the need to pop out engineers to the front line to get the first mortar pit up with the second commander it means you are going to see very early mortar pits. You will get there 210mp faster without the need to wait for the engineers to build and the time saved to get to the front line to build.

I don't favour either axis or allied but might be tough to counter a mortar pit up that early in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★