Login

russian armor

New British Helms Deep commanders

11 Feb 2016, 14:59 PM

I wish Relic would address the problems with the core armies instead of patching over the weaknesses with more commanders.

I agree with this 100%. Core armies should be addressed by balance changes. The Calliope commander is in-part popular because it helps cover all USF weakness, which apparently were a design element that can be circumvented if you buy new commanders.
11 Feb 2016, 15:00 PM

Honestly, the least of your problems with the increased fortifications of the Bofor. It was already 1000 health, the equivalent of 4000 health when braced...

Think about it with the increased fortifications...

Those people that didn't listen to me with my railway artillery rework...

It was only a matter of time...

They know why now...

yes, special snowflake, you have been the ostheer prophet to all uf us, everyone shall pray to you upon patch release.
11 Feb 2016, 15:17 PM

Don't forget Relics motto is an Army for every type of player, if you're a player who doesn't like to be aggressive and sim city your way to victory then you pick British.

The only inherent problem with this is the British arn't purely sim city, they are very effective offensively. The Vickers can pin infantry, and beat any other MG. I've had it tear apart an MG42 and MG34 while sitting on the ground , firing through a house and it decimated me.

Infantry sections are very offensive, the current meta is all about capping buildings and brits get their cover bonus inside of a building so they start kappin anything that comes your way...

AEC is an incredibly offensive piece of gear right now, and it's obviously going to be nerffed but what won't be nerffed is a great vehicle for 50 fuel.

Toss in the great range of a mortar pit, and you can capture ground and then secure it with mortar pits. Sure if a player uses more than 1 mortar pit it leaves them vunerable because the ywon't have any troops but has nobody taken hits from these things? Dual mortars hitting a 4 man OST squad basically has to retreat or hope these homing missle mortars miss on the strike.

I think when a player has to brace, they should then have to endure some sort of after cooldown of it not being able to fire. Perhaps you could couple this with something such as.. you brace for what is it ? 20 seconds? Brace is on a 45 second cooldown. For the next 30seconds the mortar team repairs the pit by like 10-20% but can't fire back in the meantime.

Otherwise you just see someone brace and shrug it off, then immediately start owning people.

I'm not an axis player, I'm not an allied player. I'm a Coh2 player and these 2 new commanders are going to wreak havoc unless they have some crazy patch planned to put the Brits back in their place. I can tell you in 1's and 2's the axis have to do a lot more to gain ground, hold ground, and be successful. When I swap between the factions it's almost like having to use two hands vs one hand when I'm playing and I don't want to play allies (which I like the idea of more) knowing I can just faceroll and win games.

That also isn't a good step towards E-Sports.
11 Feb 2016, 15:37 PM

moar artillery cover pliz
11 Feb 2016, 16:02 PM

Emplacements have every right to exist,if you stay in the past and don't adapt that's your problem.

(Emplacements require combined arms to even be viable but people like you couldn't care less about it)
People like me? You mean people who started and stuck to the CoH series because it was something new, where you could use cover, flank weapons and the point of the game was constant combat around points? People like me who don´t like a dull mechanic totally breaking the concept that once made this a favorite series?

Just focus on the things that made this game awesome and don´t add stuff that totally goes against this concept.

Figuratively speaking: Emplacements in Coh are like a camping van added to a sports car. Sure, it´s something new, but in the end you ruined your driving experience.

11 Feb 2016, 16:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 16:02 PMButcher
People like me? You mean people who started and stuck to the CoH series because it was something new, where you could use cover, flank weapons and the point of the game was constant combat around points? People like me who don´t like a dull mechanic totally breaking the concept that once made this a favorite series?

Just focus on the things that made this game awesome and don´t add stuff that totally goes against this concept.

Figuratively speaking: Emplacements in Coh are like a trailer van added to a sports car. Sure it´s something new, but in the end you ruined your driving experience.

well, that´s your point of view, I would love to tow that trailer van with my ferrari, park the trailer van in the entrance of nordschleife, and do some laps with my ferrari in that fucking great race track.

so, it is OK you don´t like emplacements, I don´t like emplacements too, but that is no reason to say they are not part of this game.
11 Feb 2016, 16:10 PM

I guess you agree that FRP, spawning from buildings, free tech bonuses for USF, OKW, vet 5 system, Pak43 shooting through obstacles, sight for goliath, one shooting everything sturmtiger, dive bomb in base etc etc etc also should not belong to CoH?
11 Feb 2016, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 16:06 PMFul4n0

well, that´s your point of view, I would love to tow that trailer van with my ferrari, park the trailer van in the entrance of nordschleife, and do some laps with my ferrari in that fucking great race track.

so, it is OK you don´t like emplacements, I don´t like emplacements too, but that is no reason to say they are not part of this game.
Wrong. If you play Axis, your opponent can force that camping van upon you. Your enjoyable ride will be denied.

They are part of the game... but they are the shit part of the game. The same way as OKW resource penalties once were part of the game btw.
11 Feb 2016, 16:12 PM

That's just... Your opinion man...
11 Feb 2016, 16:15 PM

Why brits general have beard ?
I dont 100 % but thay can not have beard ? This guy look like Friedrich III.

Because he couldn't leave mortar trench so it keeps ROF buff.
11 Feb 2016, 16:24 PM

Love it how frustrated players keep overstating the efficacy of bracing. And underplaying simultaneously the crippling cost of running a static sim city build.

Or the fact that all base (common) axis commanders have plenty of choices to counter sim cities, which in all honesty aren't that prevalent anyway.
11 Feb 2016, 16:25 PM

yes, special snowflake, you have been the ostheer prophet to all uf us, everyone shall pray to you upon patch release.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
11 Feb 2016, 16:30 PM

and again and again. its not about the money, its not about how much money it is, it is about principles that everyone (INCLUDING MY ENEMY) has the same fucking chance to win. not more not less it just tips games in the favor of one side just because he 1) got lucky with warspoil (lol still almost 500 hours now and 3 commander drops) or 2) he paid real life money to have an advantage.

Nah bro, just run farming tool when you go to sleep/go to work and it'll drop over time :p
11 Feb 2016, 16:32 PM

Nah bro, just run farming tool when you go to sleep/go to work and it'll drop over time :p

i do that everytime i can :( atleast i got triple jagdtiger cooldown reduce :guyokay:
11 Feb 2016, 16:32 PM

Electricity costs money though.
11 Feb 2016, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 16:10 PMButcher
Wrong. If you play Axis, your opponent can force that camping van upon you. Your enjoyable ride will be denied.

They are part of the game... but they are the shit part of the game. The same way as OKW resource penalties once were part of the game btw.

yeah and if you play allies you can be forced to face volks blobs....not a better experience for me than facing emplacements....

or if you play USF in 1´s, You could be forced to play angaints heavy snipers builds without a proper counter.....or in 3´s or 4´s, reach the late game with only jacksons as AT platform againts heavies....where is the enjoyable ride then???

and if you like 4´s you can be forced to play againts 4 OKW forward retreat points, fucking your experience...

My point is that they are part of the game, in your opinion they can be the shit part, but for others, shit part can be in other places.....

For me, different factions with different feelings are a good thing...I don´t like Age of Empire style games, but this is just my opinion, lot of people love that game...

11 Feb 2016, 16:45 PM

Electricity costs money though.

It does but the feeling you get for getting the commanders is worth it. I got the pershing, calliope, okw fire, okw goliath, and 3 brit commanders through warspoils... felt pretty good not having to pay for them :)
11 Feb 2016, 16:47 PM

I actually laughed so much looking at those commanders I cried. And that was before I saw the faces.

I mean really,one of them is flippin oriental Christopher Lee.
11 Feb 2016, 16:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 16:47 PMSwift
Christopher Lee.

:lolol: :rofl: :banana:
11 Feb 2016, 17:02 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 16:15 PMKatitof

Because he couldn't leave mortar trench so it keeps ROF buff.

B-).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS