22%
30%
18%
12%
17%
Total votes: 82
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Feb 2016, 14:20 PM

Simple poll time! Balance aside, which faction do you love to play the most. And no "I play every faction bullshit".
3 Feb 2016, 21:02 PM

USF, everything comes together and it feels good. Every unit is applicable in every situation.
3 Feb 2016, 21:08 PM

USF, everything comes together and it feels good. Every unit is applicable in every situation.

except the m8a1 scott that is.

i love usf, cant tell if i have a favourite faction though.
3 Feb 2016, 21:18 PM

That´s an easy win for Wehrmacht.

The reasons are simple: The two base-factions (Wehr/Soviet) are the best designed by nature. These factions are the core of Coh2 and before the new factions were released they were actually balanced out quite well. The new factions all seem to lack something and are more specialized. You have less viable strategies it seems.

Wehrmacht has a good and well rounded loadout. Support weapons, infantry, armor.

The next question is: Why isn´t Soviets my favorite faction then? While they have the potential to be interesting, their gameplay is way too restricting. Every choice you make, blocks another option: Guards or Shock-troops? Good tanks or artillery? This isn´t as much fun.
3 Feb 2016, 21:38 PM

I think that Soviets and Wehrmacht weird unit choices make them not as fun or historical as they could be.

Dshk should be maxim, Penals should be strelki or something, where's the nondoc ppsh, where's my nondoc KV-1, why is the M5 nondoc but not the BA-64 which would have a neat ghetto puma. And where is officer leading the expendable infantry?

For Ost no hand grenades? No nondoc G41/43? No trenches? No nondoc 250 transport, no hotchkiss, no officers.
3 Feb 2016, 22:23 PM

The thing I really enjoy about Wehr is that the base faction offers a limited but varied number of options and the commanders give the player the freedom to explore outside of the faction's inherent limitations.

All the other factions either rely heavily on commanders (Soviets), are built to trade versatility for specialization, (USF, OKW) or are forced into a pace that doesn't appeal to me as much as the Wehr. (UKF)
3 Feb 2016, 22:56 PM

4 Feb 2016, 07:03 AM

I play every faction.
4 Feb 2016, 08:02 AM

Seems like the classic ones are the most popular, especially OST, even if it's in ruins at the moment :D
4 Feb 2016, 08:16 AM

Thematically i like OKW, but i preffer to play Soviets
4 Feb 2016, 08:18 AM

That´s an easy win for Wehrmacht.

The reasons are simple: The two base-factions (Wehr/Soviet) are the best designed by nature. These factions are the core of Coh2 and before the new factions were released they were actually balanced out quite well. The new factions all seem to lack something and are more specialized. You have less viable strategies it seems.

Wehrmacht has a good and well rounded loadout. Support weapons, infantry, armor.

The next question is: Why isn´t Soviets my favorite faction then? While they have the potential to be interesting, their gameplay is way too restricting. Every choice you make, blocks another option: Guards or Shock-troops? Good tanks or artillery? This isn´t as much fun.

+1
4 Feb 2016, 08:25 AM

Ostheer for me. It's sad that they are rather not playable at the moment.
4 Feb 2016, 08:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ostheer is the obvious choice. The two vanilla factions are the best designed, but Soviet has got a bunch of useless core units and you get pigeonholed into a few necessary doctrines. With Ostheer you get some more freedom.

I really dislike the WFA factions in the way they were designed. I don't think either promotes very interesting gameplay, and I have haaaaated OKW since they first came out. They are getting better though.

UKf is kinda meh. Really similar to Ostheer, but missing some core units in exchange for emplacements. Bleh.
4 Feb 2016, 08:36 AM

Simple poll time! Balance aside, which faction do you love to play the most. And no "I play every faction bullshit".

It's dictative of you to remove a choice. Now, I cannot make a vote because I love every factions the same way -_-.
4 Feb 2016, 08:40 AM

I've always enjoyed playing as Soviets. I was very eager to see the Eastern Front portrayed in CoH2 and all things considered, I at least enjoy playing the faction against Ostheer/Wehrmacht.

But I mostly play Ostheer/Wehrmacht nowadays since all the people I play with like to play Axis all the gorram time.

Never liked the designs of WFA, and Brits, well, are Brits. Boo hiss trucks. Boo hiss emplacements. Emplacements are for artillery. Get off my lawn. Etc.
4 Feb 2016, 09:21 AM

I've always loved playing soviets, they have been my favourite since I started playing the game, they're a little dull to play right now since you're almost forced to spam maxims etc but they're fun still

Imo they have the widest pool of commanders you can pick that actually work, a lot of cheesy strategies and other kind of fun stuff

Ostheer and OKW on the other had come on a split second place for me, I find both equally fun to play with

USF and Brits? These two wont even make it to my list, these factions are extremely dull to play imo, just making one core unit and going to tanks straight after that, call in inf is always an option but meh
4 Feb 2016, 09:51 AM

It's dictative of you to remove a choice. Now, I cannot make a vote because I love every factions the same way -_-.
It's because the point of the poll isn't to gauge community opinions, but the popularity of the factions themselves. Giving a neutral option takes away from that. Also you always have the option of simply not voting.
4 Feb 2016, 10:27 AM

it has to be soviets for the win. they have everything and are the most flexible
4 Feb 2016, 12:42 PM

I like to play the slavic opressed peoples resisting the fashist pigs. Unfortunately, they are very hard to pull weird strategies... But when I get to win with NKVD, it's joy.
4 Feb 2016, 12:48 PM

UKF is my favourite faction in the game.

Why?

Cause they have alot of options and alot of cool units to play with,their the only faction that has the best voiceover,they also happen to be the most different faction compared to other allied and axis factions and has unique units that no other faction has in any form.

Their also a faction that has the most specialized armored tanks.

The only problem with them atm is their long road towards balance and making every choice a viable one.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight