Login

russian armor

Churchills need the old armor back

25 Jan 2016, 20:53 PM

"Veterancy:
-30% cooldown WHEN IN COVER,+50% Reload WHEN IN COVER"

Are you sure that's a veterancy buff? Cruzz listed it as a bonus unrelated to vet whereas the IS out of cover are nerfed.

I don't recall any combat related vet abilities for sappers, only global and doctrine specific upgrades. Happy to be shown otherwise though.

The Stens only strong point is running around to reduce opp accuracy whilst suffering no penalty so cover isn't really a big deal, unless I'm playing it wrong.
25 Jan 2016, 20:53 PM

cheaper churchill and firefly and evrything should be good i guess
25 Jan 2016, 21:50 PM

Veterancy:
-30% cooldown WHEN IN COVER,+50% Reload WHEN IN COVER
Construction/Repair Rate increased by 30%
Reinforce cost reduced by 50%,received accuracy -33%

Size/RA: 0.8
Bonus while in light/heavy cover: 0.9

IIRC
+1 armor with upgrade (for reference shocks are 1.5)

With upgrades n in cover, toughest squad ingame.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know they had extra armor since i never use them. In that case, i'd agree with a debuff of the armor... I didn't even know they still used those values except for shocktroopers. I thought they were revolving everything around "received accuracy" these days.
25 Jan 2016, 21:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

"Veterancy:

Copied from here http://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide
25 Jan 2016, 21:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

"Veterancy:

Are you sure that's a veterancy buff? Cruzz listed it as a bonus unrelated to vet whereas the IS out of cover are nerfed.

it was when I made the guide, so unless someone changed something then im 100% sure.

its also under their vet 1 tooltip in game, "sappers get increased rate of fire in cover"

and its also why you dont charge at vet 1 sappers in cover because u will get rekt
25 Jan 2016, 22:04 PM

"Happy to be shown otherwise though."

Cheers chaps.
26 Jan 2016, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 20:12 PMKatitof

Which applies only to their default weapons, which aren't optimal for fighting in cover.
We can't have them having useful vet1, can we.

I would personally take "-30% cooldown WHEN IN COVER,+50% Reload WHEN IN COVER" over "trip wire flares" or "field first aid" is most cases.

Further more a vet 1 bonus heavy engineer with no movement penalty as suggested would be able to close in enemy unit go in cover and would clearly over-perform.

Vet abilities and bonuses must be looked at but Royal Engineers vet 1 bonus would be toward the end of the line...
26 Jan 2016, 08:57 AM

Nobody use it for 1v1 anymore anyway so yeah it really needs some changes.

That's like saying 'nobody uses the Elefant and the Jagdtiger in 1v1, change it!'

I see it quite often in 2v2s.
26 Jan 2016, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 08:53 AMVipper

I would personally take "-30% cooldown WHEN IN COVER,+50% Reload WHEN IN COVER" over "trip wire flares" or "field first aid" is most cases.

Further more a vet 1 bonus heavy engineer with no movement penalty as suggested would be able to close in enemy unit go in cover and would clearly over-perform.

Vet abilities and bonuses must be looked at but Royal Engineers vet 1 bonus would be toward the end of the line...

TBH this is one of the rare cases, where tripwire flares are more useful.
REs vet1 looks good until the moment you realize it works only for SMGs, not for brens or piats, where it would be really appealing bonus.

But I'll just stop here. While anvil REs are quite tanky, its not really churchill level, which should be discussed here.
26 Jan 2016, 09:34 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 09:00 AMKatitof

REs vet1 looks good until the moment you realize it works only for SMGs, not for brens or piats, where it would be really appealing bonus.

But I'll just stop here. While anvil REs are quite tanky, its not really churchill level, which should be discussed here.

The fact that they have amazing vet, affected by bolster, actually useful smgs, cheap as hell, and can be given mgs. Thats pretty good already. Getting those Vet cover bonuses would probably be OP.

Vet 3 sappers are more durable than vet sections. And cost only like 13 to reinforce? Like crazy.
26 Jan 2016, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 09:00 AMKatitof

It might be a matter of personal preference but I would take around 18% DPS over "trip fire flares" any time...

If it applied to Piats the cooldown would have little affect but the reload would be simply broken...

If it applied to brens It would provide around 25% dps again broken for a vet 1 ability
26 Jan 2016, 14:10 PM

That's like saying 'nobody uses the Elefant and the Jagdtiger in 1v1, change it!'

I see it quite often in 2v2s.

Elefant do get used sometimes against USF in Fortified Armor Doctrine, Command Pz + Ele = vicious. Jadgtiger get used in super late game in cramped map like Semoisky and both these units get used quite often in team games, nobody use Churchill even in team game, I should change it.
26 Jan 2016, 16:03 PM

The grenade AoE needs to be reduced. Currently almost a guaranteed wipe on any weapon team, which is not good. Overall price should be reduced slightly as well to make it more attractive.

Yup, the AOE or damage it causes, the fuse is a typical grenade fuse yet completely ruins anything near it that doesn't move. I almost wiped 2 squads with it, leaving both squads with only 1 man. I have a video of it that I'm currently editing, it's just too damn strong lol.

BUT! Have you see the comets nade? It does nothing, haha, Like literally nothing. I threw it at a volks squad that didn't move and it did near 0 damage. I'm not talking the vet 3 ones that scare the pudding out of you when you don't realise they are your nades as I'm unsure of their effectiveness, but my god, the default one is simply awful, even more of a waste of muni that the base howies.
26 Jan 2016, 17:31 PM

Vet 3 sappers are more durable than vet sections. And cost only like 13 to reinforce? Like crazy.

22 to reinforce.
26 Jan 2016, 17:33 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 17:31 PMNEVEC

22 to reinforce.

Royal Engineers/Heavy Engineers/salvage engineers

-30% cooldown WHEN IN COVER,+50% Reload WHEN IN COVER

Construction/Repair Rate increased by 30%

Reinforce cost reduced by 50%,received accuracy -33%
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43