Login

russian armor

So Axis can base rape with call ins?

16 Jan 2016, 16:59 PM

Just had a game where OKW was able to use an indirect doctrine ability on my base, yet, no ability that I have (as brits) allows me to fire anywhere inside the base perimeter.

(They had the commander with the jagers and the ostwind, whatever thats called)

Why is this a thing? It's bad enough you cant send in a tank to attack OKW without recieveing damage from the free base defences, yet they can take a Luchs into your base and depending on the match, murder everything without so much as a scratch.
16 Jan 2016, 17:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm pretty sure the Scavenge Doctrine's 105mm Howitzer Barrage was nerfed soon after release to not fire on bases. What was the map? Is it possible the map's base sectors were just really small and the edges of it were pretty close to where troops retreat to anyway?
16 Jan 2016, 17:17 PM

16 Jan 2016, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 17:17 PMVuther
I'm pretty sure the Scavenge Doctrine's 105mm Howitzer Barrage was nerfed soon after release to not fire on bases. What was the map? Is it possible the map's base sectors were just really small and the edges of it were pretty close to where troops retreat to anyway?

Angoville pal, and he used it directly on my base (as brits) I have a video, give me 10 and ill upload it
16 Jan 2016, 17:39 PM
Donator 11

The Stuka Dive bomb def needs fixed.
16 Jan 2016, 17:41 PM

16 Jan 2016, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:59 PMLatch
Just had a game where OKW was able to use an indirect doctrine ability on my base, yet, no ability that I have (as brits) allows me to fire anywhere inside the base perimeter.

(They had the commander with the jagers and the ostwind, whatever thats called)

Why is this a thing? It's bad enough you cant send in a tank to attack OKW without recieveing damage from the free base defences, yet they can take a Luchs into your base and depending on the match, murder everything without so much as a scratch.

The center on most or all off-maps has to be outside the base. The scatter size and size of the base area can result in units in base getting hit. Some maps are really bad for this. If you don't veto Crossing in the Woods as USF, your circus tents push out to near the edge of the base sector. The USF Armor Company 240mm off-map rarely hits anything, but is sometimes funny to drop on the edge of someone's base sector if floating lots of munitions.
16 Jan 2016, 17:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ok yeah, that is definitely not right.
16 Jan 2016, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 17:42 PMGrumpy

The center on most or all off-maps has to be outside the base. The scatter size and size of the base area can result in units in base getting hit. Some maps are really bad for this. If you don't veto Crossing in the Woods as USF, your circus tents push out to near the edge of the base sector. The USF Armor Company 240mm off-map rarely hits anything, but is sometimes funny to drop on the edge of someone's base sector if floating lots of munitions.

Indeed but this was a case of him being able to drop falres right on my base, he does it twice in the video I linked above. I swear as you can expect :P
16 Jan 2016, 17:50 PM

It's a reasoning that goes beyond logic. They specifically remove allied off-maps and plane strikes from being fired in enemy bases, yet, for the new OKW off-map arty strike in the flame doctrine, Relic said--SPECIFICALLY ON STREAM--that it was meant to be fired in bases and they wanted it that way.

It's beyond comprehension.
16 Jan 2016, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 17:17 PMVuther

Scavenge Doctrine could always fire on bases, it's effect was just nerfed so it didn't fire as many shells because people would save up 500-700 munitions and take out entire usf base in one hit.
16 Jan 2016, 19:18 PM

At least you don't have to lay to rebuild your base structures. Wehr soviets and OKW need to pay to replace their base structures while USFs and UKFs just repair
Them.

Still need to fix the arty thing tho
16 Jan 2016, 19:22 PM

It's a result of power creep and attitude change not keeping up with balance. None of Ost or Soviet off-maps are prohibited in bases, but they tend to be weak. OKW and USF's get stronger, some of them are restricted but not all of them. Then the British have the strongest off-maps, a combination of power creep and intentional design, but as a result all of theirs are restricted in bases.
16 Jan 2016, 19:28 PM

"Kuch" incendiary strike from soviets burning all units in base. But I get your point.
16 Jan 2016, 20:44 PM

Since the possibility of building howitzers in your base got removed no off-map attack should fire at base sector anymore. The reason is simple: All units are clumping up in a tiny place when you are retreating them. This makes you very vulnerable losing a big part of your army to one offmap attack if you are unlucky and not constantly monitoring troops that retreated to your base. I don't like this mechanic. Especially the stuka dive bomb excels at killing troops that retreated to your base if you are not aware of it.

If they would change it Forward Retreat points would have one big drawback at least, because beeing at a FRP your troops could be targeted by offmap while they would be save in your base. I would like this trade off, risk vs reward.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 62
Korea, Republic Of 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment