62%
38%
Total votes: 402
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 Jan 2016, 06:35 AM
Patrion 14

Forward Retreat Point.

Remove or Keep? or abstain.

Edit: I do mean forward RETREAT point not REINFORCE point.
10 Jan 2016, 06:44 AM

Remove 100%. Generally this is the primary reason for blobbing in both OKW and USF. When you can retreat your entire army and be back on the field in 20 seconds - whats the point in battlefield presence preservation.
10 Jan 2016, 07:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 06:44 AMpugzii
Remove 100%. Generally this is the primary reason for blobbing in both OKW and USF. When you can retreat your entire army and be back on the field in 20 seconds - whats the point in battlefield presence preservation.

Forward retreat is not the reason of blobbing, people blobs when they want to blob, Ostheer blobs 6 gren CAS without requiring a retreat point.
10 Jan 2016, 07:33 AM

More of a reason to blob would be if there was no FRP. You would retreat the low health squads in the blob and keep the others on the field, feeding them back in to the sort of swarming, breathing blob.

I have seen many Ostheer players play this way. It is a way to compensate for the long walk home. Also why Ostruppen are so popular.
10 Jan 2016, 07:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 07:33 AMRappy
More of a reason to blob would be if there was no FRP. You would retreat the low health squads in the blob and keep the others on the field, feeding them back in to the sort of swarming, breathing blob.

I have seen many Ostheer players play this way. It is a way to compensate for the long walk home. Also why Ostruppen are so popular.

I'd much rather fight stream of a force than 1 super blob followed by another super blob. Whats ur playercard m9?
10 Jan 2016, 09:36 AM

They promote blobbing, they give unfair advantage and when you blob.
Remove.
10 Jan 2016, 10:06 AM

huh? no, blobbing is when medium/light tanks cant do their jobs to kite infantry into oblivion.

blobbing is when infantry can counter tanks and other infantry so efficiently. so you can only get infantry units to get the job done, there is no need anti tank guns, mines or vehicles for fear of a fast light tank strategy countering ur entire army.

why get rakatens when volks can do the job and without fear of getting flanked. whats the point of machine guns/light tanks to achieve fire superiority when obers have such an insane dps?

forward retreat point is not the thing that promotes blobbing.

and because of that, stupid shit like rocket artillery are being buffed to godly levels to "counter" blobs, when its actually just a super efficient wipe machine that has low risk to use.
10 Jan 2016, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 07:00 AMPorygon

Forward retreat is not the reason of blobbing, people blobs when they want to blob, Ostheer blobs 6 gren CAS without requiring a retreat point.

True, FRP simply makes punishing blobs with mass retreats LESS punishing, because they are back on the field much faster then they normally would.

There is a reason why its not ost blobs that are complained about, but specifically OKW and usf.
10 Jan 2016, 10:40 AM

I do like dropping phosphorus or arty on med truck when mass retreat happens though..
10 Jan 2016, 10:45 AM

to be honest retreating back to ur base. would make a person want to blob more since time has been wasted. but if a person is a blobber FRP wont change anything
10 Jan 2016, 10:55 AM

normally frp are place a little bit behind the frontline. so if you mass retreat to them you can almost immediately reenforce and launch a counter attack. but if you remove frp, then you have to mass retreat to your base which will mean that you have no way to maintain mapcontrol while retreating. if you are a smart person you know that this is the moment to push. this will punish blobs pretty hard i think, bcs everythime they mass-retreat they will lose quite some mapcontrol. so thats why i voted yes
10 Jan 2016, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 10:45 AMDAZ187
to be honest retreating back to ur base. would make a person want to blob more since time has been wasted. but if a person is a blobber FRP wont change anything

Your argument makes no sense. Why would someone want to blob more because he gets punished for blobbing?
10 Jan 2016, 16:32 PM

I've no idea about other factions but FRP seems like quite a gamble for the Brits. Very delicate structure and costs rather a lot ( 450MP) when you really don't have anything to spare.

10 Jan 2016, 16:51 PM

Abstained. I don't feel that FRPs are the worst thing in the game, as I feel that they could be interesting if handled well. Combined with linear map design, they're not handled in the best way. (Mostly due to 2 of 5 factions missing them.)
10 Jan 2016, 17:30 PM

You either give it to everyone or remove it completely.

I would rather it be removed completely.

If removed all Armies will have access to reinforcement on the field WITHOUT FRP.

OKW: medic truck (removed FRP)

USF: Ambulance

UKF: FHQ (remove FRP)

SOVIET: HT or maybe give them a build able emplacement on the field for reinforcement. Maybe a fortified fuel or ammo point on tactical points that cost maybe 300 or 400 MP and have reinforcements from them.

WM:CC bunkers
10 Jan 2016, 17:39 PM
Senior Caster Badge

FRP are really bad for the game because as has been pointed out, it promotes blobbing by preventing people from getting punished if they have to mass retreat. All 6 squads got suppressed by an MG? No problem, you'll be back on the field in 20 seconds.

Though, the Forward Assembly would need a buff of some kind without the retreat point. Maybe just a slight durability buff.
10 Jan 2016, 18:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'll start by removing it from 3v3+. Size of the maps are what makes them really good in comparison to 1v1 or 2v2.
10 Jan 2016, 18:05 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I think it shouldn't be a discussion, having a FRP can punish you either as it can reward you.
10 Jan 2016, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 18:05 PMd0ggY
I think it shouldn't be a discussion, having a FRP can punish you either as it can reward you.

A simple click will disable the FRP for you.
10 Jan 2016, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 18:05 PMd0ggY

Exactly, and besides, yeah, let's remove all cool features in the game and make all factions the same. Then let's move to the next game because this one will be so dull. :loco:
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak