Login

russian armor

Supression messes up queued orders

18 Dec 2015, 20:22 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

So for example if your order a squad to capture a decrewed weapon like an AT gun and shift click retreat, so that they retreat as soon as they capture the AT gun. If they get supressed while doing so they immediately retreat. This causes a little bit of frustration because they still might have gotten it.

Is this intended?
18 Dec 2015, 20:56 PM

I think yes but because of bad mechanic.

Unit have order like : if possible grab weapon (1st order)
else go to second order (because it cannot complete the firt , it is similar like if you order engineer to demo bridge but bridge get destroyed so they cannot place demo on it , thust going to second order)

2. retreat.

All in all they cannot complete fisrt order so they continue to make second order (retreat)

It is bad but intended game mechanic (also a lot anoying ).

I saw it on your stream and also I I have the pleasure with it few times so I think I know what I´m saying.

How to fix that I don´t know ,It looks a bit complicated and I cant code well , I only understand a math a bit.

If I´m not correct please tell me , but I think I have true ( 90 % sure)
18 Dec 2015, 21:09 PM

Can surpressed units capture team weapons? I know a surpressed unit cant capture a vehicle
18 Dec 2015, 21:35 PM

I agree, it should go to retreat unless they get pinned.
18 Dec 2015, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 21:09 PMmedhood
Can surpressed units capture team weapons? I know a surpressed unit cant capture a vehicle

fairly certain that suppressed units cannot capture weapons unlike in coh1. which would explain why units retreat immediately, since their order becomes invalid.
18 Dec 2015, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 20:22 PMluvnest
So for example if your order a squad to capture a decrewed weapon like an AT gun and shift click retreat, so that they retreat as soon as they capture the AT gun. If they get supressed while doing so they immediately retreat. This causes a little bit of frustration because they still might have gotten it.

Is this intended?

Since some patches ago, Suppressed units can NOT capture team weapon anymore, pick up weapons not affected.

I guess it's some bug again.
18 Dec 2015, 22:18 PM
Donator 11

well there are 2 options i guess.

1: when you shift order but they get suppresed, they insta retreat when the reach the weapon that they cannot pick up. Would decrease the change of losing the squad when not being busy on some other part of the map, but could cause unnecessary retreats.

2: when you shiftorder but they get suppressed, they will get to the weapon they want to pick up and remain there untill they can pick the weapon when they are out of suppression. this would prevent unnecessary retreats but could result in squad whipes when not paying attention.

I dont know which option i like the most, thats up to you
18 Dec 2015, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 22:18 PME-zy
well there are 2 options i guess.

1: when you shift order but they get suppresed, they insta retreat when the reach the weapon that they cannot pick up. Would decrease the change of losing the squad when not being busy on some other part of the map, but could cause unnecessary retreats.

2: when you shiftorder but they get suppressed, they will get to the weapon they want to pick up and remain there untill they can pick the weapon when they are out of suppression. this would prevent unnecessary retreats but could result in squad whipes when not paying attention.

I dont know which option i like the most, thats up to you

your profile pic so gud :foreveralone:
18 Dec 2015, 23:29 PM

Since you're no longer able to pick up team weapons when you're suppressed then I'd assume yea, its intended.

It doesn't mess up order queue, it simply makes it not possible for one of orders to be executed and unit proceeds to next one.
19 Dec 2015, 10:24 AM

I have discovered good strat to not retreat when you get supressed.

1. order unit to go near to capture weapon
2. order unit to capture weapon
3. order unit to retreat

This should wok because unit will move thhere until it get pinned and after it move there is start to think about will i retreat or grab weapon + retreat (if supressede retreat , but it will be near that weapon not in half way to it)
21 Dec 2015, 12:30 PM

Since some patches ago, Suppressed units can NOT capture team weapon anymore, pick up weapons not affected.

I guess it's some bug again.

This, but i dont know if its a bug. I guess Relic has to explain this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 24
Peru 10
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %