42%
Total votes: 306
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 Dec 2015, 18:25 PM
Patrion 14

?

forgot no opinion. just abstain.

Update:

Why did these become a problem suddenly? They were buffed like 2-3 months ago, but now in the past 3 weeks I see lots of people discuss them. What happened?
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 02:54 AMArclyte
I dont think people really caught on to them being as good as they are. I never really saw them until recently.

Because people are blobbing more then ever

one logical answer and one delusional rambling.

I'll help you which one is which.

The CAS Commander was OP when it was out. Took more than a full year to get to now and shave a couple months off that to get to a "balanced" state.

Another thing was that OKW was weak in team games and brits were kicking ass, which meant OST really needed to keep the field presence up throughout the whole game. so T3 was more common. now, OKW as strong as ever in team modes, a little shy away from their former heydays, OST T4 became easiest to get since WFA launch.

Panzerwerfer is a blob counter like soviet demo is a blob counter. this logic is ridiculous.

WIPE MACHINE =/= BLOB COUNTER in case anyone didn't get that.

I have seen it when it got buffed. But almost no one was using it. top 3v3 teams have figured out soon after that and it is same shit again and again for them. I have seen the same pattern when elephant was the shit and when CAS was the shit... to name a few.

It's rocket travel time is low and
It should receive similiar damage to all other rocket artillery. Right now it wipes everything (especially teamweapons) that can walk. It's aoe far damage is 3x stronger than the Katyusha's damage and 2x stronger than the Calliope.

Oh and did I mention the 100% damage modifier against units in buildings?

A unit that has been bat shit OP first when it got buffed 2 -3 months ago but the weakness of Axis in team games and general hardship of getting to OST T4 hid its true nature.

16 Dec 2015, 18:43 PM

didnt vote for 1v1

but definitely too strong in team games. It's the quietest of the rocket arty and the deadliest.

katyusha and stuka dont even compare
16 Dec 2015, 18:50 PM

calliope? both are too deadly
16 Dec 2015, 18:55 PM

in team games if u get 2 of those... they will kill everthing... with vet 2 reload time..
16 Dec 2015, 18:56 PM

Yeah you rarely see it in 1s but in team games its OP, imo.
16 Dec 2015, 18:59 PM

High risk high reward. They are so uber fragile. Well microed they are deadly to blobberinos. Ostheers only viable blob counter. Mgs are too but they more so just force retreat.
Its also locked behind T4 for Ostheer
16 Dec 2015, 19:00 PM

It is fine in all modes. Don't blob too much and don't rely solely on AT walls either.

Just because the katy sucks, that does not mean the callie and PW should suck as well.
16 Dec 2015, 19:11 PM

Locked behind expensive tier. Delays you from panthers, OH only counter to reliable blob control. It comes out at a reasonable time. Naaa it's fine.. as for sound, I think itsste louder then the Calliope, I never hear that thing firing..
16 Dec 2015, 19:29 PM

Maybe reduce its damage so it doesnt wipe as much it already suppresses and I think thats enough all you gotta do is follow up with your units
16 Dec 2015, 19:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

On it's current performance, it doesn't need the suppression. Rather than countering blobs, it's really good at wiping team weapons.

As for comparing it to the calliope, isn't it 75% more expensive fuelwise ?

PD: the unit is "balanced" up to some point due to the teching required. Not a really good way to balance it.
16 Dec 2015, 19:58 PM

It should receive similiar damage to all other rocket artillery. Right now it wipes everything (especially teamweapons) that can walk. It's aoe far damage is 3x stronger than the Katyusha's damage and 2x stronger than the Calliope.

Oh and did I mention the 100% damage modifier against units in buildings?
16 Dec 2015, 20:29 PM

I understand it fires everything at once as opposed to the Katy's delayed area denial. But right now it wipes too easily which is against the game's key concept of unit preservation and time to react. It should deal loads of damage, sure, and suppress, which is fine, but it wipes often even on retreat.
16 Dec 2015, 20:32 PM

Impossible to get in 1s, devastating in anything else.

It punishes team weapon play extremely heavily too, more so than the stuka.
16 Dec 2015, 20:46 PM

Said OP in 1's not because you can actually access the unit, but because the unit is still based on wiping high vet squads with no response from another player. This fundamentally is a behavior that should not be in COH.

Definitely overperforming in team games.

Lowering RoF during the rocket barrage would go a long way to helping players escape if they are paying attention. In that case suppression makes sense. Otherwise I agree why suppress when the unit is designed to outright wipe squads?
16 Dec 2015, 21:08 PM

I'd say it's on the border of Fine/OP.
16 Dec 2015, 21:45 PM

I think it squad wipes too easily. I hear it, i click retreat and the squad will either wipe or be down 90%
16 Dec 2015, 21:54 PM
Patrion 14

Said OP in 1's not because you can actually access the unit, but because the unit is still based on wiping high vet squads with no response from another player....

this is how units should be seen.

just because it is hard to get, it should not it should not get a free pass.

16 Dec 2015, 22:04 PM

I absolutely hate facing this weapon. It render any and all garrisons useless. Have your troops in a trench? Wave goodbye to those troops because they will die before that trench does. This is especially true if you have two Infantry Sections side by side in a trench. If you hear those rockets coming, you'll only have time to save one of them, if you are alert.

If the damage vs garrisoned troops wasn't instant death, the Panzerwerfer would be fine.
16 Dec 2015, 22:06 PM

Still, i'd rather lelic fix blob shrek first. at least this comes out later
16 Dec 2015, 22:06 PM

Permanently Banned
PW are to strong imo in team games, cheap, strong damage, so i vote OP in both game modes. In 2v2 are big density of units, so he are to good for this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★