Login

russian armor

Panzerwerfer?

26 Dec 2015, 12:53 PM

Katyusha is a perfect example of balanced arty. Can wipe stuff, but leave you chance to survive or dodge. On the other hand Calliope and PzWerfer simply wipe without chances to retreat, dodge or survive.

+1
26 Dec 2015, 13:38 PM

I had a pretty good game against Zarok yesterday (Ost vs USF). It was a fairly even fight that I was slightly losing until I got a panzerwerfer. He got 2 Priest howitzers as his own arty but those two combined were not even half as effective as my single panzerwerfer. Granted, priest are pathetic arty pieces, but still.
26 Dec 2015, 13:41 PM

I had a pretty good game against Zarok yesterday (Ost vs USF). It was a fairly even fight that I was slightly losing until I got a panzerwerfer. He got 2 Priest howitzers as his own arty but those two combined were not even half as effective as my single panzerwerfer. Granted, priest are pathetic arty pieces, but still.

Still better than sextons
26 Dec 2015, 15:04 PM
Patrion 14

I have deep hatred for the Werfer, but then again, so does my opponent when I use the Calliope MVGame.

At least you can still move when the calliope hits you though, werfer supresses.
26 Dec 2015, 16:41 PM

The CAS Commander was OP when it was out.

No, it wasn't. Did you remember it? Everyone cries on Advanced Warfare and his single T-34 call in (those old times when Soviet didn't do even one tech building), CAS became much much stronger when strafes could be directed on targets, but still it wasn't very popular. After a long time it became very popular and then, was named op doctrine. That's a bit of coh2 history kids :D
26 Dec 2015, 17:31 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 16:41 PMFrost

No, it wasn't. Did you remember it? Everyone cries on Advanced Warfare and his single T-34 call in (those old times when Soviet didn't do even one tech building), CAS became much much stronger when strafes could be directed on targets, but still it wasn't very popular. After a long time it became very popular and then, was named op doctrine. That's a bit of coh2 history kids :D

forgot about targeting getting added. was that added after the CAS comm was out?

my point still stands though. The CAS commander was in the same OP state for at least 7 months.

it wasn't popular because it was one time give away during MWNL i believe. until relic gave it away en masse in another event.

just like werfer.

"well, i don't see it much, it must be ok".

oh how quickly we forget.
28 Dec 2015, 13:50 PM

*necro thread*

TL;DR: A single Panzerwerfer rocket will deal more damage than one normal grenade. Since the Panzerwerfer launches multiple such super-grenades, the performance of this unit is COMPLETELY off the charts.

Just to give you a measure of how completely off the charts the damage of Panzerwerfer is, let's compare PzWerfer to (1) grenades and (2) the Walking Stuka barrage.

Comparison to grenades

- Most grenade types (Rifleman, Grenadier etc) have a damage multiplier of 0.25 (damage
- A single Panzerwerfer rocket has a damage multiplier of 0.3
- The radius of the rockets AoE is much greater than that of the grenades (F/N of 4.5/1.5 vs 3/1)
- Let's not forget that Panzerwerfer rockets also completely ignore cover and garrison bonuses.

Therefore, a single Panzerwerfer salvo will launch a dozen super-grenades at the target position. No wonder Panzerwerfers have turned into wipe machines.

http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=panzerwerfer_rockets_mp
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=mk2_mp
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=grenadier_kar_98k_rifle_grenade_mp

Comparison to the Walking Stuka barrage

Now, let's compare Panzerwerfer to the Walking Stuka; a more expensive artillery piece that is already considered to be strong enough for its price (in the right situations):

- Walking stuka has larger radius (F/N: 6/2 compared to 4.5/1.5)
- Inside the Near-radius, the Walking stuka deals more damage (200 vs 80). However, the Panzerwerfer deals sufficient damage to kill models even with a lower damage
- In the far-radius, the Walking stuka deals 10 (= 200 * 0.05) damage, whereas the Panzerwerfer deals 24 (80 * 0.3) damage.

That is without even comparing the firing pattern; in the case of the Panzerwerfer it is impossible to dodge once the first rockets have landed.

http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=panzerwerfer_rockets_mp
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=walking_stuka_rockets_mp

To those of you that still defend that the Panzerwerfer is currently in a balanced state. What kind of arguments does it take to convince you?
28 Dec 2015, 15:42 PM

It's really, really simple.

PzWerfer and Calliope, they wipe squad behind green cover, in trenches, in wood buildings and in stone builings.

Katy and Stuka are very useful BUT they don't wipe squads in stone building (or they give you a chance to set up HMG and get out) plus they give you small chances for survivng volley on the open space.

It applies to Katy, Stuka, PzWerfer and Calliope barraging from the same distance.

Brits :foreveralone:

So tell me one more time that PzWerfer and Calliope are not OP.
28 Dec 2015, 16:48 PM

It's really, really simple.

PzWerfer and Calliope, they wipe squad behind green cover, in trenches, in wood buildings and in stone builings.

Katy and Stuka are very useful BUT they don't wipe squads in stone building (or they give you a chance to set up HMG and get out) plus they give you small chances for survivng volley on the open space.

It applies to Katy, Stuka, PzWerfer and Calliope barraging from the same distance.

Brits :foreveralone:

So tell me one more time that PzWerfer and Calliope are not OP.

Does the Calli ignore cover as well?
28 Dec 2015, 17:12 PM

Does the Calli ignore cover as well?

The Calliope seems to be the most benign artillery in the game with respect to cover.

Calliope doesn't ignore garrison cover (only Panzwerwerfer ignores garrison cover). The damage modifier is 25%

What's even more surprising is that Calliope doesn't ignore heavy cover either (all other artillery pieces ignore heavy cover). The damage modifier is 50% (just like ordinary grenades)

Calliope's damage multiplier is 15% (Katyusha: 10%, Panzerwerfer: 30%).

The Calliope is imba for other things; the cover modifiers doesn't seem to be that reason. Does anybody know how many rockets the Calliope fires?

Source: http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=t34_calliope_rocket_mp
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS