Login

russian armor

Enough is enough, fix the volks

PAGES (14)down
17 Dec 2015, 19:26 PM

Done some spring cleaning to remove flames, off topics and other.

Stay on topic.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 18:15 PMSwift
Done even more cleaning, invissed some posts.

Please be more adult, calling people out for English not being their first language... don't go there.

Thanks guys.
17 Dec 2015, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 18:45 PMZarno

2/10 = 0.2

Source: math

vg's needed 8 shots to kill a single entity now they only need 7.

source: knowing the fucking game mechanics
17 Dec 2015, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 20:49 PMCafo
shrecks are fine, nobody credible is complaining about shrecks. They are 90 muni and they can be dropped.

If you think okw blobs late game are a problem then it's a l2p issue it's not broken.

Enough is enough with these posts FailFish

I think anybody and everybody credible has re-iterated this issue so many times they've stopped trying to tell lelic. Also, how in RNjesus's name is this L2p issue? This is why 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, and 4 vs 4, are in such a place of despair and neglect. Return to the abyss whence you came.
17 Dec 2015, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 19:41 PMZyllen

vg's needed 8 shots to kill a single entity now they only need 7.

source: knowing the fucking game mechanics

Hmmm... talking about game mechanics, and since when Volks use pure damage without modifiers unlike any other infantry. Something smell fishy here.
17 Dec 2015, 21:04 PM

I think anybody and everybody credible has re-iterated this issue so many times they've stopped trying to tell lelic. Also, how in RNjesus's name is this L2p issue? This is why 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, and 4 vs 4, are in such a place of despair and neglect. Return to the abyss whence you came.

Only good argument ive seen for shrecks being off volks is they get easy vet when they do hit vehicles because of the high damage by comparison, everything else is complaining about how you can't deal with a volk blob. Or some new player saying "ally armor too weak" reeks of l2p issue.
17 Dec 2015, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 20:29 PMnewvan

Hmmm... talking about game mechanics, and since when Volks use pure damage without modifiers unlike any other infantry. Something smell fishy here.

Are your legs open? EleGiggle
17 Dec 2015, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 21:04 PMCafo

Only good argument ive seen for shrecks being off volks is they get easy vet when they do hit vehicles because of the high damage by comparison, everything else is complaining about how you can't deal with a volk blob. Or some new player saying "ally armor too weak" reeks of l2p issue.

How about that USF armour is weak and can take 4 hits max from shrecks/raks/tanks. Or the micro required to manoeuvre tanks such as the M10 and the Jackson from getting killed easily. Blobbing shouldn't ever be condoned, in any RTS, as it reduces player skill and enjoyment. BTW invest some time in spell checking your post, hard to take you seriously. If your a non native speaker I can understand though.
17 Dec 2015, 23:34 PM

How about that USF armour is weak and can take 4 hits max from shrecks/raks/tanks. Or the micro required to manoeuvre tanks such as the M10 and the Jackson from getting killed easily. Blobbing shouldn't ever be condoned, in any RTS, as it reduces player skill and enjoyment. BTW invest some time in spell checking your post, hard to take you seriously. If your a non native speaker I can understand though.

How many hours do you have played in this game?
18 Dec 2015, 00:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 23:34 PMCafo

How many hours do you have played in this game?

I mean, you could just check my profile, but I have 741 hours. Are my opinions valid oh wise one:snfDevm:
18 Dec 2015, 04:19 AM

BTW I think it's hilarious that all these "I should be able to drive my medium armor up to 3+ anti-tank squads and win" types are suggesting removing the schreck in favor of a faust and anti-inf upgrade.

Have you guys ever thought that out? OKW would lose its largest muni-sink, have plenty munis on hand at all times for fausts ( guaranteed hit + engine crit) on every one of its core infantry squads, and when late game arrives they'll have an option to gain anti-inf capability as well. You'll still have Volks blobs with AT capability that not only damages your armor but *crits the engine* as well, and on top of that when you try to move infantry in to support they'll just get eaten up by smgs.

Leave the volks as they are, schrecks have been tweaked enough over a series of patches so that they aren't the laser guided weapons they used to be. You can easily stay out of effective schreck range if you are somewhat competent. There are plenty of blob counters by now, and good players usually utilize smoke abilitys to protect their tanks against massed schrecks. The best players use those smoke abilities to bait the schreck squad into tasty crushes.

This same forum topic every week. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

18 Dec 2015, 06:21 AM

BTW I think it's hilarious that all these "I should be able to drive my medium armor up to 3+ anti-tank squads and win" types are suggesting removing the schreck in favor of a faust and anti-inf upgrade.

Have you guys ever thought that out? OKW would lose its largest muni-sink, have plenty munis on hand at all times for fausts ( guaranteed hit + engine crit) on every one of its core infantry squads, and when late game arrives they'll have an option to gain anti-inf capability as well. You'll still have Volks blobs with AT capability that not only damages your armor but *crits the engine* as well, and on top of that when you try to move infantry in to support they'll just get eaten up by smgs.

Leave the volks as they are, schrecks have been tweaked enough over a series of patches so that they aren't the laser guided weapons they used to be. You can easily stay out of effective schreck range if you are somewhat competent. There are plenty of blob counters by now, and good players usually utilize smoke abilitys to protect their tanks against massed schrecks. The best players use those smoke abilities to bait the schreck squad into tasty crushes.

This same forum topic every week. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

I do appreciate your energy and time to drop a samuel L jackson on the forums, but do you hear anybody complaining about the Faust? Less damage then shreck, costs per each use, cool down, and leaves another rifle so it doesn't hinder AI. Here's the real kicker buddy boy, you need to click several extra times to use faust! With a shreck, you just right click, and that shermans a goner, but with fausts, you need to select it specially, and individually. Am I getting to you? At all?
18 Dec 2015, 06:52 AM

I do appreciate your energy and time to drop a samuel L jackson on the forums, but do you hear anybody complaining about the Faust? Less damage then shreck, costs per each use, cool down, and leaves another rifle so it doesn't hinder AI. Here's the real kicker buddy boy, you need to click several extra times to use faust! With a shreck, you just right click, and that shermans a goner, but with fausts, you need to select it specially, and individually. Am I getting to you? At all?

Fausts are fire and forget, don't miss (unless those weird faust bugs still exist) and are less than half the current upgrade on Volks. The reason you don't see this currently is because 1. Only fausts accessible to OKW are doctrinal, and come on an expensive unit that isn't spammable and 2. Ostheer has so many other munitions upgrades and mines that you're in most cases incentivized to spend your munitions on upgrades and other abilities rather than float them for fausts; This isn't really an issue for OKW, where their meta has more or less revolved around their core infantry since their existence, of which only have the one pschreck upgrade.

Since the resource change I've never had munitions issues as OKW. Removing one of their highest costing munition upgrades and replacing it with a one time use before cooldown, slightly less damage snare that costs significantly less... What do you think is going to happen? You're still gonna have blobs, they're still gonna be a significant threat to medium armor (probably even more so because now they'll snare after 1-2 fausts), and on top of that people think its a good suggestion to give them even more AI capability? Please.

And lol at clicking several extra times, l2hotkey+spam click.
18 Dec 2015, 06:52 AM

Because this is enough volks opness already. Relic can make p4 150 fuel but can't hotfix volks.
18 Dec 2015, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 20:49 PMCafo
shrecks are fine, nobody credible is complaining about shrecks. They are 90 muni and they can be dropped.

If you think okw blobs late game are a problem then it's a l2p issue it's not broken.

Enough is enough with these posts FailFish

The problem is less the balance (albeit there is that) than the fact it is boring as fuck to have every single game against OKW be Volkspam into heavy vehicle, with myabe a Luchs somewhere. USA also have that problem with riflespam (hello WFA faction design) but at least they have the excuse of having no other credible non-doctrinal infantry units. OKW has options but still spams the hell out of Volks because why wouldn't you want a sturdy squad with decent AI, good grenades AND shrecks?
18 Dec 2015, 08:34 AM

The problem is less the balance (albeit there is that) than the fact it is boring as fuck to have every single game against OKW be Volkspam into heavy vehicle, with myabe a Luchs somewhere. USA also have that problem with riflespam (hello WFA faction design) but at least they have the excuse of having no other credible non-doctrinal infantry units. OKW has options but still spams the hell out of Volks because why wouldn't you want a sturdy squad with decent AI, good grenades AND shrecks?

Pretty much... SeemsGood
18 Dec 2015, 09:50 AM

Maybe if Relic wouldnt nerf systematically everything useful on OKW side, than people would find alternatives to volks. Brokensoldatens are still overpriced. The stock unit is still overpriced as hell, and theyve got constantly wiped out easily to any random cr*p.

RkW43 is still crappy. Its good as a complementary unit for volks, but 2 rkw43 covering eachother still not enough in most cases.

90 MU panzerschrecks are munition sinks for OKW. 90MU for a single schreck is still a high price. Ofcourse 3 or 4 of these can counter light and medium vehicles... thats their job, thats what 90MU was paid for.

I think its a joke that some people still cry for nerf just because they want to counter an AT weapons with a vehicle. Ever thought about building rifles with double upgrades? because most of the allied infantry can counter volks with schrecks without any problem. Should i cry for AT gun nerf because they counter my light vehicles and i dont want to use my infantry to deal with them?!
18 Dec 2015, 16:12 PM

Fausts are fire and forget, don't miss (unless those weird faust bugs still exist) and are less than half the current upgrade on Volks. The reason you don't see this currently is because 1. Only fausts accessible to OKW are doctrinal, and come on an expensive unit that isn't spammable and 2. Ostheer has so many other munitions upgrades and mines that you're in most cases incentivized to spend your munitions on upgrades and other abilities rather than float them for fausts; This isn't really an issue for OKW, where their meta has more or less revolved around their core infantry since their existence, of which only have the one pschreck upgrade.

Since the resource change I've never had munitions issues as OKW. Removing one of their highest costing munition upgrades and replacing it with a one time use before cooldown, slightly less damage snare that costs significantly less... What do you think is going to happen? You're still gonna have blobs, they're still gonna be a significant threat to medium armor (probably even more so because now they'll snare after 1-2 fausts), and on top of that people think its a good suggestion to give them even more AI capability? Please.

And lol at clicking several extra times, l2hotkey+spam click.

I need to l2hotkey spam huh. You do realize your opinion is in the ever decreasing minority, I mean do you even play competitive 1 vs 1, what do you play dominantly.
18 Dec 2015, 16:23 PM
Donator 11

There are only 3 things that make allies players change their playstyle between opposing okw and ost: kubel, sniper and fausts. Removing fausts will limit number of viable or even possible strategies making players choose same tech, commanders and playstyle against ostheer and okw. This should never happen, the number of differences should rather be increased, especially early game. Thats why changing shreck to faust is terrible idea, unless these are locked in flak truck or commander.

It would be much better to increase cost of shreck. Before the resource change shreck was paced perfectly, couldnt stop early m20 or m3 but could scare off stuart ot t-70. Now with the change it comes too early and in huge numbers.
18 Dec 2015, 16:23 PM

Well if you look at it this way:

OKW blobs volks
USF blobs rifles to counter
OKW stukas or OST panzerwerfer
USF blob dies
OKW blob still lives
Game over.
USF wants a non doctrinal artillery (calliope, katyusha, stuka, panzerwerfer)

just my opinion. i can be completely wrong
18 Dec 2015, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 09:50 AMRiCE

Maybe if Relic wouldnt nerf systematically everything useful on OKW side, than people would find alternatives to volks. Brokensoldatens are still overpriced. The stock unit is still overpriced as hell, and theyve got constantly wiped out easily to any random cr*p.

RkW43 is still crappy. Its good as a complementary unit for volks, but 2 rkw43 covering eachother still not enough in most cases.

90 MU panzerschrecks are munition sinks for OKW. 90MU for a single schreck is still a high price. Ofcourse 3 or 4 of these can counter light and medium vehicles... thats their job, thats what 90MU was paid for.

I think its a joke that some people still cry for nerf just because they want to counter an AT weapons with a vehicle. Ever thought about building rifles with double upgrades? because most of the allied infantry can counter volks with schrecks without any problem. Should i cry for AT gun nerf because they counter my light vehicles and i dont want to use my infantry to deal with them?!

Please. Sturmpioneers are still a good unit if you use them well. The new Kubel is a backcapping, early MP bleed machine. Raketen is the most idiot proof AT gun out there and shines with cloak and veterancy. And apart from the IR and AA Halftrack which do suck, every single OKW vehicle is very good at what it does. They have the best TD, the best AT light vehicle, the 2nd best light tank, the 2nd best medium tank, the best tank hunter, the best heavy tank, and the best heavy TD. To say nothing of their very strong doctrinal infantry, and hell upgraded Obers are still only second to fully kitted rifles and paras in terms of asskicking. If there's one faction that can't complain about bad units, it is OKW.

I play a lot of Soviets and Ostheer. Those factions can complain about useless units. OKW can't. And not every Allied players plays US and has the luxury of Terminator mainline infantry. Brits can manage with Brens and/or snipers, but Soviets need to vet their shocks or Guards ASAP because conscripts are a no-go against any halfway decent OKW player.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS