Login

russian armor

Enough is enough, fix the volks

PAGES (14)down
15 Dec 2015, 19:57 PM

Seriously, it's tiring now. It's actually making me despise one of my favorite games. Just remove the schrecks and give them fausts already and they are fine. If someone whines that they "Need an upgrade" then give them a 2 MP44 upgrade for 60 or whatever, just remove the freaking schrecks.

The game is freaking BORING on allies side because of this. You join a game, see 2 OKW and you want to kill yourself.

Fix it already...
15 Dec 2015, 19:59 PM

1 month max
15 Dec 2015, 20:01 PM

1 month max

1 month max what?

We have to deal with this hell for 1 month and then they are going to remove schrecks?

Or 1 month before I put a bullet into my left kidney?
15 Dec 2015, 20:10 PM

Permanently Banned
I have always advocated moving shrecks from volks, as it is both horribly unauthentic, and the core of all imbalances with okw infantry and light vehicle play.

Shrecks don't belong on volks, sturmpioneers, and not fucking obersoldaten.

An entirely new unit is NEEDED.

My suggestion.

Built in Med HQ. 4 man squad, 300 mp, 90 munition shreck, equipped with mp40s. Side upgrade for volks to equip 2x stg package and panzerfausts.

This gets rid of expendable blob infantry. Makes volks less hideous frankenstein unit. Fixes fucking shreck issues for good. A player wouldn't be able to viably afford more than 2 shreck squads unlike how easily we can have 4-6 volk shrecks. Then we can increase volk costs to like 260, and give them some mp40s and stgs. We don't have to nerf shrecks or volks into uselessness because of this stupid design. Its better to fix relics crappy design, whether they actually realize what needs to be done or its ogre.

This would be the best possible solution I could think of.

15 Dec 2015, 20:13 PM

I have always advocated moving shrecks from volks, as it is both horribly unauthentic, and the core of all imbalances with okw infantry and light vehicle play.

My suggestion.

Built in Med HQ. 4 man squad, 300 mp, 90 munition shreck, equipped with mp40s. Side upgrade for volks to equip 2x stg package and panzerfausts.

This gets rid of expendable blob infantry. Makes volks less hideous frankenstein unit. Fixes fucking shreck issues for good. A player wouldn't be able to viably afford more than 2 shreck squads unlike how easily we can have 4-6 volk shrecks. Then we can increase volk costs to like 260, and give them some mp40s and stgs.

+1

Signed

Also props for understanding that Volksgrenadiers used tons of automatic weaponry compared to normal grenadiers, something they got horribly wrong in their design.
15 Dec 2015, 20:25 PM

My suggestion.

This gets rid of expendable blob infantry. Makes volks less hideous frankenstein unit. Fixes fucking shreck issues for good. A player wouldn't be able to viably afford more than 2 shreck squads unlike how easily we can have 4-6 volk shrecks. Then we can increase volk costs to like 260, and give them some mp40s and stgs. We don't have to nerf shrecks or volks into uselessness because of this stupid design. Its better to fix relics crappy design, whether they actually realize what needs to be done or its ogre.

Ah yes, then ony USF can have an at blob of doom with bazookas on every rifle squad. Better fix everything at once
15 Dec 2015, 20:28 PM

1. Buff Volks AI
2. Give OKW 100% Munitions
3. Don't change Shrek Cost

What could go wrong, amirite? No way at all that would encourage blobbing.

I think an interesting soft fix would be to add an accuracy penalty for AT weapons when A-moving. At least that way you would force blobbers to micro more.

I sorta liked someone elses idea in another thread to give Volks a Panzerfaust that has no snare effect. To compensate for the lack of snare you could either make them cheap with so-so damage or more expensive and have better damage than the Ost version. (Or maybe have a squad upgrade that unlocks 2X Panzer Faust per squad or "High Yield Panzerfaust" or whatever you want to call it for extra damage).

If Volks must absolutely keep Shreks can we maybe turn them into mini Tulips that have slightly better damage than now but costs munitions and/or is a skill shot.

Any of those changes lets OKW keep their flavor without being cancer to play against.
15 Dec 2015, 20:37 PM

L2P
what is your problem ?
all allies infantry have 2 slot for weapons, bazooka is only 60 mun,soviet have powerful AT gun, ukf have PIATs
but volks have only one slot and one upgrade (schreck 90 mun)
َL2P

I know you're trolling, but that aside I don't ever see US bazooka blobbing aside from the occasional lulworthy escheblob that fails miserably.

The reason why is because USF can't cost effectively blob like OKW can with volks.

Edit: Sorry the blobbing part of my response is more for A.Schwarzenschnitzel
15 Dec 2015, 20:38 PM

The stg sounds awesome. but volks sqaud size sounds weird. the idea is there, but they have 5 models already, combined with buffed ai and stgs that is.
15 Dec 2015, 20:39 PM
Donator 11

Maybe giving volks a panzerfaust would be a better option
15 Dec 2015, 20:39 PM

My suggestion.

+1

Or on Pio's.
15 Dec 2015, 20:40 PM

+1

Or on Pio's.

Yea I wouldn't mind them on sturmpios.
15 Dec 2015, 20:43 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 20:40 PMRemo

Yea I wouldn't mind them on sturmpios.

The whole issue with putting them on sturmpios is that they become overloaded. They lay mines, obstacles, repair, are primary close range dps early-mid game. Making them AT troops as well just doesn't seem right.
15 Dec 2015, 20:45 PM

The whole issue with putting them on sturmpios is that they become overloaded. They lay mines, obstacles, repair, are primary close range dps early-mid game. Making them AT troops as well just doesn't seem right.

Let me rephrase, I would try anything at this point as long as Volks don't have schrecks.
15 Dec 2015, 20:49 PM

shrecks are fine, nobody credible is complaining about shrecks. They are 90 muni and they can be dropped.

If you think okw blobs late game are a problem then it's a l2p issue it's not broken.

Enough is enough with these posts FailFish
15 Dec 2015, 20:50 PM

Ah yes, then ony USF can have an at blob of doom with bazookas on every rifle squad. Better fix everything at once

While I don't disagree with you I feel like the way that the factions are designed that Volk shrek blobs are more of an issue because

1. Allies (USF in particular) have tanks that are more lightly armored and completely shut down by Shrek blob
2. Shreks greatly accelerate Vet 5 on Volks, who have a higher ceiling than Rifles.
3. USF suffers from more MP bleed (Rifles are more expensive to build and reinforce), this punishes a USF player more for recklessly blobbing.
4. Shreks are still better than Zooks (yes, they cost more but realistically a USF player isn't going to build 2 zooks for every 1 shrek)
5. OKW late game (Obers, KT, Etc.) is much more forgiving to snowball into with Shrek Volks than USF mass bazookas into... Pershing?

It all makes the Shrek blob issue a bit more pressing
15 Dec 2015, 20:54 PM

Id say its more of a aesthetic problem than a balance problem. The game looks horrible at the moment.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS