Login

russian armor

Enough is enough, fix the volks

PAGES (14)down
17 Dec 2015, 14:03 PM

Some MP costs are absurd, like the one for the AVRE - 700 mp is definitely too much for 140 fuel unit.

And 140 fuel for this unit is ok, while a P4 costs 150 now?
They could use a mp cost decrease, but how about some fuel price increase?
17 Dec 2015, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 14:03 PMJohnnyB

And 140 fuel for this unit is ok, while a P4 costs 150 now?
They could use a mp cost decrease, but how about some fuel price increase?

Yes.

You know damn well the cost got increased to 150 NOT because of its performance, but to delay its arrival and limit the spam.

You couldn't possible expected OKW penalties to be removed without giving up something in the economy instead.
17 Dec 2015, 14:23 PM

What I want to emphasize, the game has gotten better since the road map was showed and it will get better.

absolutely agree with you on that

17 Dec 2015, 15:48 PM

AchtAchter, try rolling over the pshreck soldier while the other 5 squads shoot their respective pshrecks at your poor Sherman/T34/Cromwell. You also know that massing zooks costs a lot and drains a lot of your troops AI capacity? Oh, and because of their pshrecks they can also vet up really fast, which is bothersome specially against a unit that has 5 vet levels and can self heal out of combat being mainline infantry.

And about Riflemen and Volks. Riflemen need BARs/M1919s, and that's why some people suggest Volks should also have an AI upgrade such as a 2xSTG package.
Also, cons are cheap because they need PPSHs or vet3, else they're shit.
17 Dec 2015, 16:07 PM

Great Anti-Vehice: A single Volksschreck squad can be pushed around in order to avoid him shooting the panzerschreck. No at snare means there is nothing to stop your from pushing/crushing. 1 to 1, the schreck is better than the zook, because better penetration & damage. Yet riflemen with a single zook have a better chance soloing early game vehicles because they can snare them and keep shooting their zook. Massed zooks are also dealing decently against tanks, especially when you snare and go for the rear armour.

Great Anti-Infantry: If volks anti infantry capabilities are great, then Riflemen must be super galactic in comparison. No AI upgrade, not even doctrinal. The Kar buffed only changed the fact that allied mainline infantry won't just walk over them with minimal mp bleed.

Can clear buildings: This was added because OKW was not able to clear buildings in the past. No stock flame unit ISG garrison modifiers was only buffed on 3rd December. Molotovs do the same and yet I don't see you praising cons.

Are sturdy and relatively cheap: So they have the worst rec. acc. modiifers on max vet, yet they are sturdy in your opinion. Volks in late game bleed you harder than vetted Obers, Jägers or Sturms; simply because even when vetted they drop often models, while the elite infantry, thanks to rec. acc modifiers has less model drops and hence less reinforcement costs (if you retreat in time).
Now reinforcement costs: Volks 25 mp vs Riflemen/Sections 28 mp vs Grens 30mp vs Cons 20 mp vs Osttruppen 17 mp. I'd call Ostruppen and Cons cheap, not Volks.

Also, no games played as OKW rather make you seem unreasonable and less credible. The grass is always greener on the other side, so I recommend you jump over the fence and try to roll over every opponent with OKW.

Good point on the snare zook vs shrek. However, how often do you see just 1 volks squad with a shrek? I can try and crush 1 squad but still get shot at by at least 1 to 2 more.

AI ability is average but they make up for that in numbers. Generally, they serve as a meatshield for the DPS like obers+lmg or fallschim. This is why volks got a received accuracy nerf in the first place because there was little room for counter. If you remember that nerf patch...

Clearing buildings is understandable. I just think that the delay and animation is very much different from molotov. Molotov is extremely slow vs incen grenade. It's like the tortoise vs. the hare. Molotov requires research and incen grenade doesn't. So you WILL see the incendiary grenade every game but not necessarily molotov.

They are sturdy and relatively cheap. Reason? they fulfill multiple roles and used to have only 5 pop. OKW fanbois said l2p but they got nerfed because with their floating MP and 5 man squad, they aren't easily wiped. Allies have to invest in indirect fire and AT weapons separately generally except zooka. OKW can fulfill AT, decent AI, and clear buildings. You compare to cons, they have to spend 25 fuel side upgrade for the molotov. Riflemen have to spend 25 fuel as well for their grenade. more side upgrades for any AT. zooks have to be retreated and picked up back at base. volks can upgrade and remain on the front line and only needs to retreat back to forward base (if they choose that route). They are just very very efficient.

My OKW streak I think is 15 wins/0 losses. It just gets boring to get volks every game and then go to heavies.
17 Dec 2015, 16:08 PM

Great Anti-Vehice: A single Volksschreck squad can be pushed around in order to avoid him shooting the panzerschreck. No at snare means there is nothing to stop your from pushing/crushing. 1 to 1, the schreck is better than the zook, because better penetration & damage. Yet riflemen with a single zook have a better chance soloing early game vehicles because they can snare them and keep shooting their zook. Massed zooks are also dealing decently against tanks, especially when you snare and go for the rear armour.

Great Anti-Infantry: If volks anti infantry capabilities are great, then Riflemen must be super galactic in comparison. No AI upgrade, not even doctrinal. The Kar buffed only changed the fact that allied mainline infantry won't just walk over them with minimal mp bleed.

Can clear buildings: This was added because OKW was not able to clear buildings in the past. No stock flame unit ISG garrison modifiers was only buffed on 3rd December. Molotovs do the same and yet I don't see you praising cons.

Are sturdy and relatively cheap: So they have the worst rec. acc. modiifers on max vet, yet they are sturdy in your opinion. Volks in late game bleed you harder than vetted Obers, Jägers or Sturms; simply because even when vetted they drop often models, while the elite infantry, thanks to rec. acc modifiers has less model drops and hence less reinforcement costs (if you retreat in time).
Now reinforcement costs: Volks 25 mp vs Riflemen/Sections 28 mp vs Grens 30mp vs Cons 20 mp vs Osttruppen 17 mp. I'd call Ostruppen and Cons cheap, not Volks.

Also, no games played as OKW rather make you seem unreasonable and less credible. The grass is always greener on the other side, so I recommend you jump over the fence and try to roll over every opponent with OKW.

Actually I have played a lot of OKW, there is a bug with my stats where it hasn't updated in months. I can prove it by showing my recent games in-game which shows a ton of USF games yet the stats still show me as only have 1 USF game played which obviously isn't true.

You can actually see one of my OKW games in there, yet look at my stats, still don't update to show my USF or OKW games.

So yea, making assumptions isn't cool instead of just asking me "Have you played OKW?", stats are constantly showing incorrect stuff all over the place. The answer is yes, I played OKW a huge amount when they were overhauled, and played them quite a bit prior. I like Germans just as much as I do Allies. The only faction I haven't actually played is UKF.

I actually planned to make a thread asking why my stats never update.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/q5eshd6.jpg Direct link since it auto-sized the picture. Kappa
17 Dec 2015, 16:33 PM

They are sturdy and relatively cheap. Reason? they fulfill multiple roles and used to have only 5 pop. OKW fanbois said l2p but they got nerfed because with their floating MP and 5 man squad, they aren't easily wiped. Allies have to invest in indirect fire and AT weapons separately generally except zooka. OKW can fulfill AT, decent AI, and clear buildings. You compare to cons, they have to spend 25 fuel side upgrade for the molotov. Riflemen have to spend 25 fuel as well for their grenade. more side upgrades for any AT. zooks have to be retreated and picked up back at base. volks can upgrade and remain on the front line and only needs to retreat back to forward base (if they choose that route). They are just very very efficient.

My OKW streak I think is 15 wins/0 losses. It just gets boring to get volks every game and then go to heavies.

Volks take up 7 population. Just as much as Riflemen. I know in 4vs4 you don't like to retreat to your base but in 1vs1 & 2vs2 you regularly retreat to your base so I never understood the issue with it, giving the fact that you can quickly double equip your squads in case of need, bypassing research time.

3vs3+ streaks are nothing to brag about.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 16:08 PMRemo
snip

You games are displayed in the arranged team section.

A lot of stuff I read here is just a symptom of 3vs3+ games which again are not the perfect measurement of balance issues, since certain core mechanics of the game are ignored and the maps are designed in a way that blobbing is encouraged due Bottlenecks and brute force tactics (easy blobbing) work more effective than combined arms.
17 Dec 2015, 16:35 PM

Honestly if you fail to win vs blobs you're just bad.
Blobs suck in coh2 except for the german HT/LMG Gren combo. But it doesn't surprise me that people cry about them because most coh2 players don't understand their own game.
17 Dec 2015, 16:45 PM

You games are displayed in the arranged team section.

A lot of stuff I read here is just a symptom of 3vs3+ games which again are not the perfect measurement of balance issues, since certain core mechanics of the game are ignored and the maps are designed in a way that blobbing is encouraged due Bottlenecks and brute force tactics (easy blobbing) work more effective than combined arms.

???

No, it's not showing a ton of my games. Fact is, I DO play OKW, you were wrong, that's the point I was making.

You assumed I didn't.
17 Dec 2015, 16:51 PM

Giving up on building vehicles against OKW. Top kek design.
17 Dec 2015, 17:05 PM

I'm sorry English is not your first language. If you cannot understand, please use translate.google.com

Pre-patch volks were 5 pop. It was raised to 7 after the hotfix patch because volks were OP.
Again, if you want to dismiss anything, please use facts. Otherwise, you're just trolling. Ignoring team games is ignoring a majority of players that play the game. If that fanbase decides to stop playing, developers will stop putting effort in the game because few people play it. If OKW wasn't strong, then why did statistics all jump up significantly since OKW revamp?
If you're going to say something, provide evidence. I just stated the facts and you're disagreeing with opinion.

It was raised because those popcap changes were a bugged bugfix and massively buffing OKW. Ignoring the fact that 3vs3+ ignore core game mechanics just shows ignorance to the bigger picture. The 3vs3+ crowd is more screwed by fundamental understanding of the game than by balance itself. I don't want to derail this thread. And moreover you suggest things I suggested back then in WFA, even implying I want those schreck blobs, which I severally stated is definitely not the case, YET it's not an issue to deal with those blobs. Giving the fact you have enough tools to do so. When schreck blobs are a problem, then zook blobs are also a problem. But they are not, because you can counter them with tools given by the game, which I already mentioned before.
17 Dec 2015, 17:53 PM

It was raised because those popcap changes were a bugged bugfix and massively buffing OKW. Ignoring the fact that 3vs3+ ignore core game mechanics just shows ignorance to the bigger picture. The 3vs3+ crowd is more screwed by fundamental understanding of the game than by balance itself. I don't want to derail this thread. And moreover you suggest things I suggested back then in WFA, even implying I want those schreck blobs, which I severally stated is definitely not the case, YET it's not an issue to deal with those blobs. Giving the fact you have enough tools to do so. When schreck blobs are a problem, then zook blobs are also a problem. But they are not, because you can counter them with tools given by the game, which I already mentioned before.

Yes axis fanboi. obviously you don't care about 3v3+ is because a majority of your games are 1s and 2s. also most of your games are OKW. I care because I like playing large battles but again you like ignoring the majority of the players so okay. Give me a panzerwerfer and i'll love dealing with blobs. from USF standpoint, they do not have squadwiping non-doctrinal artillery. why do you think axis is going crazy over calliope? i'd trade a calliope, katyusha for stuka or panzerwerfer anyday. i'm going to stop replying because it's pointless.
17 Dec 2015, 18:06 PM
Patrion 15

Done some spring cleaning to remove flames, off topics and other.

Stay on topic.
17 Dec 2015, 18:15 PM

Done even more cleaning, invissed some posts.

Please be more adult, calling people out for English not being their first language... don't go there.
17 Dec 2015, 18:26 PM

Yes axis fanboi. obviously you don't care about 3v3+ is because a majority of your games are 1s and 2s. also most of your games are OKW. I care because I like playing large battles but again you like ignoring the majority of the players so okay. Give me a panzerwerfer and i'll love dealing with blobs. from USF standpoint, they do not have squadwiping non-doctrinal artillery. why do you think axis is going crazy over calliope? i'd trade a calliope, katyusha for stuka or panzerwerfer anyday. i'm going to stop replying because it's pointless.

Most people are idiots.

Technically VG'S are nerfed this patch and not buffed.vet 4 and 5 reduced and they have gotten an mp increase for slightly better AI .

And as i and several other people have said before : if you put dedicated AI infantry against them this blob will melt. this concept seems to hard to handle.
17 Dec 2015, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 08:20 AMRemo

You do realize they buffed Volk AI right? They will focus fire each of your units down in a matter of seconds if you try to use infantry against them. Volks actually have amazing long range firepower.

Oh ffs you speak of them as they where the new obers. also they didnt receive a 20 % damage increase but 12.5 % damage increase.
17 Dec 2015, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 18:28 PMZyllen

Oh ffs you speak of them as they where the new obers. also they didnt receive a 20 % damage increase but 12.5 % damage increase.

... just checking your math. How does damage 12(new value) - 10(old value)/10(old value) = 12.5%?

2/10 = 0.2 = 20%
17 Dec 2015, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 18:28 PMZyllen

2/10 = 0.2

Source: math
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment