Login

russian armor

Enough is enough, fix the volks

PAGES (14)down
5 Jan 2016, 03:25 AM

I saw a suggestion in another thread that I really like and that I'm going to post here.

The suggestion was to increase the ready aim time and compensate with a decrease in reload so dps remains the same. The effect of this would be that schreks/zook can't be as mobile when firing at tanks, making these upgrades much more defense and giving tanks a chance to escape when they run into these squads. I love this idea.
5 Jan 2016, 04:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Problem of this is that pushing the model with the shreck would be too easy early on.
5 Jan 2016, 06:41 AM

Problem of this is that pushing the model with the shreck would be too easy early on.

I don't know, already seems pretty easy to do as it is. Could tinker with it a bit though.
5 Jan 2016, 08:53 AM

Reducing the XP given by Panzershreck hits on vehicles would be a good start towards fixing Volksgrenadiers.

And I'm not sure where all this "OKW lacks early-game AT" nonsense comes from. Even with the Panzershreck, they still have the Puma, which effectively shuts down all Allied light vehicle play and scales extremely well into the late-game, as well as the Raketenwerfer.

Also, I'm not convince that Volksgrenadier blobbing is the optimal OKW strategy. I've had far more success employing a mix of Sturmpioneers, Volksgrenadiers, and elite infantry than just using Volksgrenadiers.
5 Jan 2016, 10:11 AM

Volks aren't that bad, there are only two issues that need to be addressed:

1. Right now Volks take forever to vet up without upgrades but get to vet 5 super fast with the panzershrek. Some adjustment needs to be made to reduce this effect. If volks get to max vet in line with other basic infantry it would help discourage blobbing because losing a squad with mid-high vet is more of a setback.

2. The panzershrek has a significant chance to kill infantry, sometimes even multiple models at once. Thus the squad doesn't lose much effectiveness against infantry, in fact it indirectly gains it when you take into account the vet preivously mentioned. There really isn't any thought that goes into purchasing the shrek, especially since with many doctrines OKW ends up floating munitions with nothing to spend it on.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS