Login

russian armor

Company Of Heroes 3

16 Dec 2015, 11:50 AM
Donator 11

Can't be done. They use a certain engine, they don't make nor change it.

That is bad news, because of this game's survivability depends on that.

If they want to make CoH2 survive longer, they must optimize. If they dont, this game will die faster, and it is not sure, if enough people starts to play CoH3 or some other game done by Relic in the future.
16 Dec 2015, 11:54 AM

Who ever voted free to play can goto ass
16 Dec 2015, 12:20 PM

was one game - Codename Panzers: Cold War. She had a very good idea, but not very good implementation. It would be great if this idea will be continued and get a good implementation.
16 Dec 2015, 15:14 PM

korea or vietnam.

or coh3 isis edition :foreveralone:
16 Dec 2015, 15:54 PM

Actually I don't think it will be CoH3 at all, it could be after 4-5 years, cause DoW3 (common, space marines are like goose that laid the golden eggs), but future isn't bright for RTS games.
16 Dec 2015, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 15:54 PMnewvan
future isn't bright for RTS games.

?!!!
16 Dec 2015, 16:08 PM

?!!!

If you're not up to date:

DOTA and all the other moba clones basically killed RTS genre.

Players themselves being less and less demanding(the easier the game the better) and all the instant gratification crowd isn't helping either.

If you don't like SC or CoH, you have no alternative.
16 Dec 2015, 16:13 PM
Donator 11

They cant leave the WW2 theme... otherwise the WW2 RTS genre will die.
... if it isnt already dead.
16 Dec 2015, 16:13 PM

?!!!

It isn't secret to anyone, it is trend of recent years, it's dying genre. Too small player base, RTS games are not so profitable like popular genres, like MOBA games, only exception is SC2 and its only cause it is cybersport.
16 Dec 2015, 18:03 PM

I always hated from DOTA
16 Dec 2015, 18:18 PM
Donator 11

Modern combat is nowhere compared to WW2 combat tho. Like do Infantry even fight face to face anymore?

It's all about morale, scaring the enemy with superior weaponry and firepower. What happens in firefights nowadays is hours of auto-grenade launchers, WP mortar bombardment, tactical airstrikes, and suppressing MG fire.

Basically shoot until you run out of ammunition. First person to run out of ammo loses the engagement and retreats. Most of the #rekting by the military is done by air force.
16 Dec 2015, 18:21 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 16:08 PMKatitof

If you're not up to date:

DOTA and all the other moba clones basically killed RTS genre.

Players themselves being less and less demanding(the easier the game the better) and all the instant gratification crowd isn't helping either.

If you don't like SC or CoH, you have no alternative.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 16:13 PMSwonVIP

?!!!

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 16:13 PMnewvan

It isn't secret to anyone, it is trend of recent years, it's dying genre. Too small player base, RTS games are not so profitable like popular genres, like MOBA games, only exception is SC2 and its only cause it is cybersport.

This is sad.

But if you guys think the strategy genre is dying, than you guys are wrong. Civilization V, Age of Empires 2 HD, Crusader Knights II, CoH 2 (has a crazy amount of sales, just low retention rate), even all the MOBAs testify to the ginormous strategy market.

People still will play strategy games, the devs just need to make it right. CoH is an old-style RTS game. We need more instant gratification, more technology get with the times oriented RTS games.

There aren't many strategy devs to begin with. Oh and Halo Wars 2 around the corner ;)

Read this bois: http://waywardstrategist.com/2015/07/22/looking-forward-to-the-future-of-rts-games/
16 Dec 2015, 19:05 PM

But if you guys think the strategy genre is dying, than you guys are wrong. Civilization V, Age of Empires 2 HD, Crusader Knights II, CoH 2 (has a crazy amount of sales, just low retention rate), even all the MOBAs testify to the ginormous strategy market.

TBS and RTS are different markets, they are not in the same boat, I would say TBS are in the better place than RTS in current moment. We are not talking about economic strategics, like ANNO, singlplaer based strategics like EU or Total War or TBS, we are talking about multipleer strategic games, and situation is bad for such games, consoless became more and more popular, team games became more and more popular, and RTS stuck without evolution. Is there good RTS games on market - yes, are they popular - no, I personally like Act of Aggression, but 400 online players at peak is laughable, or Wargame: Red Dragon with 1.5k at peak, or CoH2 with 8k at peak vs Dota 2 800k and LoL with gratest peak at 7.5 millions.
16 Dec 2015, 22:02 PM
Donator 11

This is sad.

But if you guys think the strategy genre is dying...

I was talking about WW2 themed RTS games... like Blitzkrieg 3, MoW Assault Squad (next game probably also in modern setting).

So yeah if coh will set its theme to modern setting the subgenre is dead :luvDerp:
16 Dec 2015, 23:23 PM

Modern combat is nowhere compared to WW2 combat tho. Like do Infantry even fight face to face anymore?

It's all about morale, scaring the enemy with superior weaponry and firepower. What happens in firefights nowadays is hours of auto-grenade launchers, WP mortar bombardment, tactical airstrikes, and suppressing MG fire.

Basically shoot until you run out of ammunition. First person to run out of ammo loses the engagement and retreats. Most of the #rekting by the military is done by air force.

Um, no.

Engagements still happen under 100m.
16 Dec 2015, 23:34 PM

Can't be done. They use a certain engine, they don't make nor change it.

I don't know where you get this from.

Company of heroes (and Dawn of War 2) are based on the essence engine, which is Relic's proprietary engine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essence_Engine

If they can't modify their own engine I'd be very surprised.
17 Dec 2015, 00:52 AM

My predictions:

in 1-2 years Relic will release last DLC for COH2: Deutsches Afrika Korps. They can follow up with Afrika campaign like the Ardennes DLC.

Then shift major focus onto new DoW game.

If COH3 is planned I hope it will be Pacific campaign with brand new gameplay mechanics such as naval warfare, island warfare with heavy focus on infantry play. A lot of innovation can be made here.

I don't think it will go back to Europe as it's been heavily done by COH1 and COH2; there's just not enough novelty.
17 Dec 2015, 01:06 AM

coh1 remake with new pe and brit and hd ;)
but the same mechanik like in coh1
17 Dec 2015, 08:35 AM

This is sad.

RTS means Real Time Strategy, which neither Civ series nor Crusader Knights are.
And no, you can't pull mobas into RTS genre, RTS genre degraded into mobas. AoE 2 HD isn't a new game, its really old one that pretends to be new, something really common recently and I call it "lazy development".
If you really want to know how HD remake of older game should look like, I point you at FFVII trailers.

People still will play strategy games, the devs just need to make it right. CoH is an old-style RTS game. We need more instant gratification, more technology get with the times oriented RTS games.

Obviously people play them.
Thing is, developers don't make them anymore, the more technology stuff you say here is utter bullshit, you can clearly see it by Planetary Annihilation and Grey Goo examples compared to say, Total War series.

Back in the day we had SC1, Warcraft3, DoW1, Total war, Red Alert/C&C, Cossacs and many other at least good titles to choose from. Today its either SC2 or CoH2 and if you are masochist, you can play MoW:AS2.

There aren't many strategy devs to begin with. Oh and Halo Wars 2 around the corner ;)

Read this bois: http://waywardstrategist.com/2015/07/22/looking-forward-to-the-future-of-rts-games/

There aren't, because the genre is on its death bed right now due to reasons mentioned previously.
Smartphone abominations calling themselves "games" are also quite a big part of dumbing down people.
Lets be honest here, RTS ganre is mainly for patient, usually intelligent(usually), competitive and demanding players. This is the playerbase that was taken over by mobas and drown in casuals.

This is simply gaming and players evolution, but because of it, we won't have any RTS to play in the future as it'll be rooted out by candy crash playing dudes wearing slim pants who will end up in some kind of moba.
17 Dec 2015, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 23:34 PMtenid

I don't know where you get this from.

Company of heroes (and Dawn of War 2) are based on the essence engine, which is Relic's proprietary engine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essence_Engine

If they can't modify their own engine I'd be very surprised.

THQ went bankrupt while they were processing it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 10
unknown 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak