Login

russian armor

Company Of Heroes 3

16 Dec 2015, 03:56 AM
Patrion 14

ww2
16 Dec 2015, 03:58 AM

3) No Japanese armor, impossible to balance

4) (most importantly) At least it's kind of vaguely conceivable to see USSR and USA on the field together. But you would never ever have any other factions besides USA and Japan, thus no separate armies for DLC etc.
Well, light tanks for both sides could work well. :D

I think adding Britain or China as a DLC would still work since they fought the Japanese. On the Axis side, it seems like only Japan will be suitable. :unsure:
16 Dec 2015, 04:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 01:00 AMluvnest

you got me there :snfPeter:

Toyota spam OP.
16 Dec 2015, 04:28 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Like entire houses blowing up to grenade launchers?

In what world does one grenade launcher blow up a house? you watch too much of those history channel clips
Like snipers going through three walls?

COuld be a vet 3 ability and cost alot of muni. Or be a doctrinal light anti armor squad with barrett 50 cals
INDESTRUCTABLE M1A1 Abrams!?!

Javelin AT teams from the EU and UN can crew stun all vehicles in one hit. Only takes 4 hit to kil abrams.

ISIS would have IED's and IED Technicals in T4, that if they explode near a tonk they immbolize it.

Also RPG-Blobs OP and spammable vs anytihng lighter than abrams

Thermal vision, and like...

Could be an upgrade on certain units and maps only(moar night maps in coh3 pls relic btw)

Not with CoH mechanics. You'd need something different... like World In Conflict or EndWar (I loved EndWar... till the community died)

Believe and anything is possible
16 Dec 2015, 04:51 AM

There are way too many problems with the Pacific:

1) Not really a "maneuver warfare" operation (at least on land)

2) No urban areas + thick foliage = terrible, monotonous maps

3) No Japanese armor, impossible to balance

4) (most importantly) At least it's kind of vaguely conceivable to see USSR and USA on the field together. But you would never ever have any other factions besides USA and Japan, thus no separate armies for DLC etc.

1) Why?

2) Singapore? Hong Kong? Manila? Burma? Okinawa? No urban? What the fack?

3) Then make them into it, if you consider early years in Pacific war the heaviest armor US got was Stuart, when was just breakfast of the Zeroes and D4Y Suisei. IJA real tanks were at least more "common" than our Ostwind & Sturmtiger.

4) Since when did COH1 and COH2 got "other than German" fighting at the Axis side? unless you counted the Protruppen :)

@CookiezNcreem

I seriously suggesting ISIS played too much C&C Generals and try making themselves GLA into real life. :guyokay:
16 Dec 2015, 07:01 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 16:52 PMTobis

What about making the vanilla (and best designed) factions free? It would add a bunch of new players to the playerbase who would presumably buy other shit with money. Nobody is going to buy this game anymore anyways after going on sale for 1 billion times.

I just dont like the idea of making a full price title f2p cause I feel cheated. Furthermore I dislike the concept of f2p as it is right now but thats just me.. I would actually agree on make the vanilla factions free only to keep this game alive but getting more players into a game can be achieved by other much better ways like great balance or game stabillity (framedrops, disconnects and all this lelics) to start with some important stuff. F2p is not a guarantee for a big playerbase, if the game is crap newbs will play 2-3 games, leave and continue playing dota, lol or csgo
16 Dec 2015, 07:14 AM

ow WW2 is 57% and modern warfare is 37%
i am surprised o_O, i thought modern warfare is more papular, i love ww2 games but you (57%) really really want ww2 again ? we have coh 2 and relic can update coh 2 with new factions, units and features
16 Dec 2015, 07:19 AM
Donator 11

I have two objections to CoH3
1) I don't think CoH3 will work unless Relic gives proof for that they can optimize CoH2 and make it more popular to a greater number of active players.
2) Then it is useless to make a new version of this game, when a great number of players can't play CoH2 on best graphics settings. If they do a new WW2 game right now, it is only the hardcore players that can and will play it.

Instead they should improve and optimize this game more and more, like they do with for example Euro Truck Simulator 2 (which improved graphics when they launched the Scandinavia DLC) and try to get new players who actually play this game. They should earn their money through DLCs instead, for example launch Africa Corps in 2016.
16 Dec 2015, 07:38 AM

Modern Combat??? Like entire houses blowing up to grenade launchers? Like snipers going through three walls? Thermal vision, and like...INDESTRUCTABLE M1A1 Abrams!?!

Not with CoH mechanics. You'd need something different... like World In Conflict or EndWar (I loved EndWar... till the community died)

No, modern combat like:

1. Squads as in Coh2, with upgrades like grenade launchers, RPGs, heavy machine guns, better assault rifles, etc.
2. APCs, Tanks, built in the same ways. Rockets can miss, gun shots also, and there are so many counter measures on modern armor against incoming rockets, targeting systems and projectiles.
3. Rocket artilery, common artilery, Tomahawks and Scud rockets as call ins, etc. In coh1 you had v2, sturmtiger in coh2....
4. Buildable helicopters, working as any vehicle, being moved here and there, and just floating above the ground while iddle. Appaches, Hinds, Werewolfs, etc.
5. Off map air strikes, off map naval artilery, etc....

There are so many great features that can be implemented, realy. But we can just dream for now.
16 Dec 2015, 08:15 AM

you all forget the most obvious choice:

whats the scenario with the best mix of old and recognizable but also new features:

1943/44 Italian Front:

-mediterranean landscapes and architecture which are a bit different from what we are used to but still recognizable
-US vs Germany, which is the most popular scenario
-all the iconic vehicles and equipment

best would also be a campaign storyline which is seen from german and US perspective

I see the future of CoH in evolving features like:

1# house combat: when entering building, the roof gets transparent and you can also move and fight inside there

2# more animations (like soldiers leaning around corners etc.

3# can't think about another feature. I love the game as it is!

16 Dec 2015, 08:16 AM

I don't think modern combat would be the way to go, as the fanbase (in my opinion) consists out of people who are very interested and feel a certain "attraction" to WOII. So changing that would basically rule out a lot of people.
16 Dec 2015, 08:23 AM
Donator 11

I don't think modern combat would be the way to go, as the fanbase (in my opinion) consists out of people who are very interested and feel a certain "attraction" to WOII. So changing that would basically rule out a lot of people.

I agree. If Relic make a new CoH in the future, it should be WW2. It is their speciality.

I don't even like modern combat games, because the games can never predict what will happen in modern combat between superpowers with the best weapons available. Therefore I like more historical games, because they try to depict what has actually happened.
16 Dec 2015, 08:24 AM

Make it in our time or maybe 2017 or 2018 in the near east.
There could be a soldier called Goliath, if you know what I mean :snfPeter:
16 Dec 2015, 08:26 AM

If things go like coh2, better if coh3 goes back to ww1, at least there "blob" was a reputable tactic
16 Dec 2015, 08:32 AM

WW 1, with those old tanks, horse cavalry, emplacements, gas, close quarter combat :hansWUT:

or Dow 3 :hansGASM:
16 Dec 2015, 10:12 AM

I have two objections to CoH3
1) I don't think CoH3 will work unless Relic gives proof for that they can optimize CoH2 and make it more popular to a greater number of active players.
2) Then it is useless to make a new version of this game, when a great number of players can't play CoH2 on best graphics settings. If they do a new WW2 game right now, it is only the hardcore players that can and will play it.

Instead they should improve and optimize this game more and more, like they do with for example Euro Truck Simulator 2 (which improved graphics when they launched the Scandinavia DLC) and try to get new players who actually play this game. They should earn their money through DLCs instead, for example launch Africa Corps in 2016.

we discuss about future not now
i agree, for now relic should focus on new features and improve engine
16 Dec 2015, 10:20 AM

Maybe CoH3 shouldn't be about any war that actually happened, maybe a fictional WW3 in the 50s/60s/70s would be great, this would allow for better balancing since it would have never happened and they could make infantry weapons, tanks, choppas etc which doesn't exist

USA, China and Russia would be the "must" factions for a scenario like this
16 Dec 2015, 10:42 AM
Donator 11

Afrika Korps, desert maps and FLAK 88s :snfQuinn:
16 Dec 2015, 10:51 AM
Donator 11

Then we agree on this.

Africa Corps with battle maps in both Africa and Italy would be a nice DLC in 2016. But in the future when we have completely different game graphics, they should make CoH3 as a WW2 game, because people are interested in historical and real wars.
16 Dec 2015, 11:20 AM

Can't be done. They use a certain engine, they don't make nor change it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 77
Germany 25
United States 7
Russian Federation 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %