Login

russian armor

50. Cal and Vickers vs OKW

18 Dec 2015, 06:55 AM

50 cal. does just the same dps at any range as maxim and mg42 and don't have ap rounds or 6 man squad. I don't saying it's bad but it don't worth 280 manpower unlike vickers.

If this thing gets ap rounds that can pen luchs than it will be fine.
18 Dec 2015, 07:33 AM
Donator 11

Best USF MG in the game is still a stolen MG-42.
18 Dec 2015, 07:58 AM

If 50 cal and vickers were to become as good at suppression as the mg42, you make it extremely difficult for okw to fight mgs. Unless you want to give volks grenadiers smoke nades that is.

So sad you lose every game where a MG42 is stolen by a UKF or USF player....lol.

Anyway, smoke?? why not??? if spios and kubel is not enough for you to flank an machinge gun that in case of USF came after teching, sure, give them smoke.....I hope you want that smoke to be researched too as USF does, but anyway, sure, give smoke to them, and give properties of MG42 to vickers and .50 cal.

if you think that smoke will be better than fast luch, yeah, research your smoke to fight that one or two .50 cal that you will face one out of five games....no problem.

What I see in your post, is that for you, mg42 is plain better than .50 cal and vikers coz you don´t need smoke to fight actual .50 cal or vikers but you want it in case of facing a mg42 with OKW.

18 Dec 2015, 08:43 AM

.50 Cal is good but a cheaper cost or better penetration would be nice
18 Dec 2015, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 15:32 PMFul4n0

ok then don´t buff it, just copy-paste from MG42 and set same price than MG42...It seems by answers in this forum that no one is better than the other one, they are only different from each other, yet, it seems most people complaining here want the vickers to be more similar to MG-42....

SO, win-win for all, vickers not buffed but changed to be more similar to mg42 as others are asking for.

maybe a good solution???? just asking, I have no level or skills to forsee problems with this change.

I think MGs are good as they are. Indeed they are different. Vickers have better damage, their vet+garrison range bonus is great. Sure they have less suppression than MG42, but no one said those two should be the same. So i think no change needed at all.
18 Dec 2015, 09:35 AM

You definitively should using the .50 for the advantages it provides:

fast setup time. > use it offensively. > abuse A-move it combined with a spotter so it setup fast and suppress.

18 Dec 2015, 11:51 AM

In the early game when ever model loss counts towards setting the pace of the rest of the game, I find the Vickers very advantageous since it's capable of forcing mg42s off in a green vs green fight or structure vs structure

The vicker sniper model a bit better. Even assuming that's true it's still worst at suppressing than the mg42. It's better in certain situation but worst in other, so it should cost the same at best.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 09:03 AMRiCE

I think MGs are good as they are. Indeed they are different. Vickers have better damage, their vet+garrison range bonus is great. Sure they have less suppression than MG42, but no one said those two should be the same. So i think no change needed at all.

as best it's different, yet the vicker is more expensive. At least lower the price to 260 if the vicker is not actually superior.

If I'm paying 20 mp more for a hmg, I expect it to be better.

If 50 cal and vickers were to become as good at suppression as the mg42, you make it extremely difficult for okw to fight mgs. Unless you want to give volks grenadiers smoke nades that is.

the .50cal arrive much later than the other mg. The OKW can comfortably get a LeIG at around the same time as the USF get their .50cal.

The OKW have vastly better mobility over the british. It's basically the classic US vs Wehr scenario.
18 Dec 2015, 13:41 PM

Now why the heck mgs are not working properly like, I don't know, VCOH?!?
Every MG in the game should do its job.
18 Dec 2015, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 13:41 PMJohnnyB

vcoh and coh2 are very different games. vcoh infantry squads run quite significantly faster than in coh2, units are much better shooting on the go, and there is no vaulting, so its very easy for mgs to set up at choke points.
18 Dec 2015, 23:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

vcoh and coh2 are very different games. vcoh infantry squads run quite significantly faster than in coh2, units are much better shooting on the go, and there is no vaulting, so its very easy for mgs to set up at choke points.

I think it technically might be more that combat is faster so the moving penalties become all the more severe in practice, but I don't actually know the CoH1 numbers...
19 Dec 2015, 13:30 PM

50cal im for the most part ok with, it handles pretty well and with vet it's quite decent. The vickers does have a nice damage output but -and maybe it's just me- it seems to lack in the aoe suppression department. I can understand the longer burst and slower single target suppression but it feels like the vickers has the worst aoe suppression of any mg...
19 Dec 2015, 23:06 PM

Infantry units' default movement speed is 3 m/s in vCoH. In CoH2, infantry units* clock in at an astounding 3 m/s movement speed, quite a difference actually. /s

The CoH2 animations are significantly improved and it LOOKS like the infantry run faster; in fact it's just the animation of the models and not how quick they actually move. Plus, the proliferation of sprinting abilities on practically every infantry unit, be it by default, through vet, or through some sort of aura or doctrinal buff.

*with the exception of 45 mm 53K crewmen who snort crack and run around at 3.6 m/s
19 Dec 2015, 23:38 PM

it's not the running speed.

it's the grenade range.

grenade in coh1 typically have a throw range of 15 meters, and mg range is 45 meter.

in coh2 grenade throw are generally 20 meters while the mg range remain at 45.

20 Dec 2015, 00:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 13:41 PMJohnnyB

It was the same situation in vCOH. The US .30 cal was literally never built because it dealt almost no suppression and was supposed to "deal damage". Problem is, an MG that can't suppress is just an immobile infantry squad that you can easily flank and kill no matter how much damage it deals. The model simply doesn't work unless you go the Maxim route and make it setup in half a second.

It's also why the MG42 is the best in both games by a significant margin, unless we're talking about building vs building scenario which is niche enough not to really matter. That's not a problem, but there's really no reason for the Vickers to be 280 mp and the .50 cal to require teching IMO.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★