Login

russian armor

cohdb - CoH2 replay analysis and statistics

12 Dec 2015, 19:57 PM
Benefactor 355

Just an idea...Inverse would you be willing to write a simple REST API for uploading the replay files and general reporting? I want to submit a patch for CELO to (automatically MUAHAHAHAH) upload replays after the game finishes.
12 Dec 2015, 20:13 PM
Coder Red Badge

I had a similar idea for a stand-alone analyzer that would also upload replays to the site automatically. It shouldn't be too difficult to do. Right now the upload POST endpoint is http://cohdb.com/upload, so you could probably POST right to that URL for now. Only downside is you probably won't get a very useful response.
12 Dec 2015, 20:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 15:17 PMInverse
Not as useful a metric, but still gives a general idea about speed. Eventually there will be a summary of all commands given by each player, including how many were grouped move commands. This should give a better idea of the legitimacy of a player's CPM reading.

Interesting. I agree that till grouped command are taking into account not too much things can be taken out from this.

Uploaded 3 random replays (157-158-159) for comparison.

157: is a personal 2v2 game with lower skill players. Blobbing was high and CPM are too.
158: is a random game i took from this section from Jove and Assbag
159: this is the 2nd game from the finals between Jesulin/Cactlosio vs Noggano/Cyrano
12 Dec 2015, 20:35 PM

Interesting. I agree that till grouped command are taking into account not too much things can be taken out from this.

Uploaded 3 random replays (157-158-159) for comparison.

157: is a personal 2v2 game with lower skill players. Blobbing was high and CPM are too.
158: is a random game i took from this section from Jove and Assbag
159: this is the 2nd game from the finals between Jesulin/Cactlosio vs Noggano/Cyrano

Checking some replays made me realize that cpm rather defines a playstyle and not a playerskill. There are good players that have high cpm and there are players that are good but they have low cpm.
12 Dec 2015, 20:53 PM

Permanently Banned
Greate work, goodluck you dude in future, game need you :D.
13 Dec 2015, 21:33 PM
Donator 33

I stumbled over this, if anyone was wondering how Ryan did it!

Sorry - I'll head back to my reddit pun-trains now...
15 Dec 2015, 15:31 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

Thank you Inverse, Seb, Janne252 and pingtoft. :thumb:
16 Dec 2015, 22:48 PM

at first i have to thank you that there are some skilled programmers here around which take care about log parsing stuff and replay analysing etc. i dont have any knowledge how to write or read through the things neccesary for programing this parsers and javas and runtimes blabla etc., but i do remember my days at star trek online where people used to had a similar tool but in realtime.no submissions needed, realtime parsing of logs, of course offline parsing and such stuff. the tool i am talking about is called advanced combat tracker. when i see how much work u guys are doing for setting that replay analyzer for coh2 here up i want to ask if anybody maybe knows that tool. if not i want to commend it to you, it looks much easier to achieve your goals, maybe you even already have programmed the needed files or you can easily adapt your existing files in your github archives, im pretty sure about that.*.cs files can be compiled on the fly.I hope I could make you curious enough to have a closer look in to this one.

Advanced Combat Tracker

here is a small API online documentation
16 Dec 2015, 23:23 PM

Woo! Nice work! Time to re-enable replays
17 Dec 2015, 12:03 PM

What is this?

[00:11:38] Issues SCMD_Unload with UNHANDLED_0 at 2.06 18.81 -91.33
17 Dec 2015, 12:39 PM
Donator 22

very nice start.
is there a way to include tons of replays like http://coh2chart.com/ does and then analyze the hell out of them?

things like typical teching decisions and timing, commander combinations....stuff?
18 Dec 2015, 04:17 AM
Coder Red Badge

What is this?

Looks like I'm just not handling that particular command yet. Should be an easy fix since it appears to be parsing everything properly.

very nice start.
is there a way to include tons of replays like http://coh2chart.com/ does and then analyze the hell out of them?

things like typical teching decisions and timing, commander combinations....stuff?

That's the ultimate goal, which is why I decided to go with a web-based tool instead of a desktop tool like the CoH1 analyzer. It's a little less convenient but it opens the door for some very interesting statistical analysis and aggregation. That's the second phase of the project that I'm working on right now.
19 Dec 2015, 03:52 AM
Coder Red Badge

What is this?

Give it a try, this should be fixed now. You might have to clear your cache in order to get the updates (try CTRL+F5 to refresh the cache for the site).
25 Jan 2016, 15:04 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 15:02 PMInverse

Me too, and I'm eventually going to get around to writing an offline version that links in with the online one. The main reason I decided to make it web-based is because the ultimate goal is for every player to have his or her own homepage where you have a history of every single replay you've uploaded and an aggregation of your stats over time. What's there right now is an extremely basic, minimally functional skeleton of a utility that will be fleshed out over time, and hopefully provide more overall value than the traditional standalone analyzer.

I do like this idea and i hope it will work. How do you deal with redundant data? Take me as an example, i do make a lot of use of this tool but sometimes i have to double check a replays and that for upload it several times.
25 Jan 2016, 15:46 PM
Coder Red Badge

You can prevent exact duplicates because the parsed data will be identical, but you can't prevent something like multiple different players uploading their own copies of the same game because of minor differences in the files. Right now it's just dumbly letting anyone upload anything, but that will change. The idea is to eventually sign in with your Steam account and be able to easily see all the replays you've uploaded, as well as replays involving you that others have uploaded and made public. I just have to get around to writing the Steam integration.

I've been busy lately, but I'm close to finishing the first stable version of the parser so after that's done I'll hopefully have more time for the site. I haven't really touched it since it went live unfortunately.
31 Jan 2017, 07:46 AM

Is this still supported? It stopped working a few weeks ago.
31 Jan 2017, 10:02 AM

7 Feb 2017, 01:39 AM
Coder Red Badge

I haven't updated this in a long-ass time. I really should though...
7 Feb 2017, 07:34 AM
Senior Editor Badge

The problem isn't the applet itself.

www.cohdb.com gives me "502: Bad Gateway"
11 Feb 2017, 14:36 PM
Coder Red Badge

The problem isn't the applet itself.

www.cohdb.com gives me "502: Bad Gateway"

It's up now, server restarted and didn't come back online for some reason. The parsing is still broken though I think, I'm going to take a look this weekend.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★