Login

russian armor

Do you prefer the "new" OKW or the "original" OKW?

12 Dec 2015, 21:28 PM

EVEN SIUKING THINKS NEW OKW IS OP!?!?

Oh of course. Fanboys always think someone else is biased.

Last patch OKW and Ostheer were clearly underperforming especially vs OP british, but hey, fanbois gonna say they are fine.
12 Dec 2015, 22:27 PM

It's not really a ''new'' OKW. It's old OKW with slightly worse vet and better, well, everything else. Only the Kubel has changed significantly.

I'd rather have balanced the ''old'' OKW rather than remove all of the faction's weaknesses and turn them into a constantly blobbing, tank-rushing PITA of a faction. But maybe that's just me.
12 Dec 2015, 22:40 PM

I prefer the pre-patch OKW, because it was ok to play with and against and there wasn't that much exaggerated whining on this board.
13 Dec 2015, 00:14 AM

It's not really a ''new'' OKW. It's old OKW with slightly worse vet and better, well, everything else. Only the Kubel has changed significantly.

I'd rather have balanced the ''old'' OKW rather than remove all of the faction's weaknesses and turn them into a constantly blobbing, tank-rushing PITA of a faction. But maybe that's just me.

The old OKW was a constantly blobbing, tank-rushing PITA of a faction. All they did was add the ability to get a light vehicle without it destroying your tank rush.
13 Dec 2015, 01:09 AM

Volks are over performing by a significant margin, and they need to patch the kt, but the removal of the resource disadvantage is a step in the right direction, now they need to fix the okw advantages since they have equal resources as other factions.
13 Dec 2015, 01:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 22:40 PMQbix
I prefer the pre-patch OKW, because it was ok to play with and against and there wasn't that much exaggerated whining on this board.

Exaggerated whining or not, it is clearly obvious that okw is now strongest faction in all modes.

Whilest many will have to learn to adapt, the flip side is okw players are also finding which are strongest builds and what can be abused.

The notion that things are not so bad is just utter bs and people on this site defending okw are just completely ignorant, biased or taking the piss.
13 Dec 2015, 01:53 AM

I like how trucks are purchased instead of freely arriving at set intervals.

But outside of that, I'm not sure on all the changes made to OKW. However, I am favorable of the new OKW in the sense that I like that Relic appears willing to redesign and revamp core faction mechanics. It stands to show that as factions are introduced to the game and rebalanced, their overall designs require adjustment to accomodate.

But nonetheless, OKW has always been a problematic faction to deal with. Volks, Kubels, and Obersoldaten are probably the three units that have always had awkward/OP roles for OKW. Until their roles are clearly defined and mesh well with the faction there will probably be endless recursive debates.
13 Dec 2015, 02:46 AM

You should know that there are many players in coh2 that dont favour any side or faction. That is becouse they find all of them interesting, like me, or need it to compete in tournaments that need using both sides to win. Also in competitive play it is needed to adapt to changes of the game becouse in some tournament okw may be better than ostheer and in other its the other way round so players who can play only one of axis factions are disadvantaged. It also happens that some factions counter other ones in rock, scissors, paper pattern, then ability to counterpick faction is super usefull. That basically means all top players play all 5 factions, maybe its possible to exclude one allied faction but thats all.

I know its completely different in sc and sc2 where players tend to choose one faction based on the playstyle preference and play this one in all their matches. It is possible becouse there are mirrors in sc. In my opinion the no mirror system is better but maybe its just me.

Trust me, 99% of people in sc2 hate mirrors, but its impossible to be good at that game without maining one faction because of the timings of macro and the increased APM need for each specific faction.

I picked up USF in this game and hit rank 80 in 2 days, in sc2 my off races are like 3 tiers worst than my main, random timings of buildings I don't know and my ability to make units well is terrible with my off factions.

There have only been 2 ever players that played random in the sc2 pro scene, and eventually they switched to a main because it just wasn't possible for them to compete :/.
13 Dec 2015, 02:46 AM
Patrion 14

I love the current OKW, it should stay like this. Though I'm kinda jelous of all the options OKW now has, from indirect fire to a heavy tank non docternal. USF feels so moderate stock wise, it really depends on doctrine choice how strong you are.
13 Dec 2015, 05:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

There have only been 2 ever players that played random in the sc2 pro scene, and eventually they switched to a main because it just wasn't possible for them to compete :/.

I'm not sure, but wasn't Nerchio the guy who played Zerg and Terran (can't remember which mirror match he play as the other faction)
13 Dec 2015, 09:25 AM

I'm not sure, but wasn't Nerchio the guy who played Zerg and Terran (can't remember which mirror match he play as the other faction)

Yea I believe he did in early wings of liberty. TLO played both as well and there was this one random korean who was pretty decent playing random.
13 Dec 2015, 11:46 AM

I don't think the OKW is going to be ever properly balanced while the panzerschreck is still on the volks.

It's just too powerful of a weapon to be given to semi-cheap infantry.
13 Dec 2015, 12:23 PM

Exaggerated whining or not, it is clearly obvious that okw is now strongest faction in all modes.

Whilest many will have to learn to adapt, the flip side is okw players are also finding which are strongest builds and what can be abused.

The notion that things are not so bad is just utter bs and people on this site defending okw are just completely ignorant, biased or taking the piss.

It is exaggerated. Schrecks have been on Volks since ever and OKW was regarded as one of the weakest factions in 1v1 before the patch. And out of all things people are complaining about they choose the freaking Schreck on Volks argument, disregarding the stuff that has actually changed. You are complaining about symptoms, not the reasons. Make the Shreck upgrade cost 150 munitions then, go on.
13 Dec 2015, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 12:23 PMQbix

It is exaggerated. Schrecks have been on Volks since ever and OKW was regarded as one of the weakest factions in 1v1 before the patch. And out of all things people are complaining about they choose the freaking Schreck on Volks argument, disregarding the stuff that has actually changed. You are complaining about symptoms, not the reasons. Make the Shreck upgrade cost 150 munitions then, go on.

even while the okw had clipped fuel and munition income, schreck spam was one of the most reliable strat OKW had access to.

Now the OKW can schreck spam in additional to using all of their toy freely because of the increased income.

The increased fuel should have encourageed the okw to build and use more of their vehicle, but instead people just default to OKW's most tried and tested strat : schreck spam.
13 Dec 2015, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 12:23 PMQbix

Its important to acknowledge that volks literally received 20% damage increaes this patch. Before, having shrecks on them made them significantly more vulnerable to infantry, now they can brawl with infantry even with shrecks on way easier especially since they hit veterancy quickly due to the shrecks hitting vehicles.

Additionally, the increased resources of the OKW makes it so more shreck volks can be fielded. There is a LARGE difference between 2-3 volks squads with shrecks and a rocketen vs 5-6 volks squads with shrecks and a rocketen. The timing window and magnitude of all allied armor is decreased exponentially this patch. Even pershing has to be scared of the volks.
13 Dec 2015, 15:20 PM

Its important to acknowledge that volks literally received 20% damage increaes this patch. Before, having shrecks on them made them significantly more vulnerable to infantry, now they can brawl with infantry even with shrecks on way easier especially since they hit veterancy quickly due to the shrecks hitting vehicles.

Additionally, the increased resources of the OKW makes it so more shreck volks can be fielded. There is a LARGE difference between 2-3 volks squads with shrecks and a rocketen vs 5-6 volks squads with shrecks and a rocketen. The timing window and magnitude of all allied armor is decreased exponentially this patch. Even pershing has to be scared of the volks.

The mindbaffling thing is you guys always make it sound as if you would always play the same way, trying to drive into OKW and suddenly discovering that he actually has some Schrecks. This bullshit about being able to "brawl" has to stop as well, when they still only have rifles that are doing the same damage now as let's say those of Riflemen. What exactly is so hard with stopping a 5-6 Volks blob, please enlighten me. No smoke, no suppression resistance or even suppression break, no assault rifles, no sprint, no vehicle snare. What on earth are you doing when you complain about a Schreck blob. A single MG is enough to stop them. Spreading out your Riflemen which are upgraded with BARs or M1919s for 60/70 munitions each against a blob of Volks which are upgraded with a 90 munitions Schreck can't be that hard, can it?

There is no way in hell Volks with Schrecks outperform Riflemen with LMGs or BARs. Do you actually know what the easiest way to play an RTS like CoH2 is? Blobbing, because you can temporarily overpower certain stuff while keeping your army easy to navigate. Do you know what the easiest thing to counter is in an RTS like CoH2? Blobbing. Your opponent has the majority of his army in one place while you are free to be active at other places, with some micro management required. A single HMG suppresses the blob and forces it to retreat. There is no Oorah or Fireup, Volks just lay down on the ground and pray for the bullets to stop flying. Keep your vehicle(s) at max distance. I know that USF vehicles suck against infantry compared to the OKW FlakHT and Luchs, but please...

Holy shit, this is really getting hilarious.
13 Dec 2015, 15:23 PM

Won't be fixed until shreks are removed from volks.

13 Dec 2015, 16:36 PM

Volks are over performing by a significant margin...
An US rifle blob will beat the hell out of an OKW Volks blob for cost, simply because of the possibility to get BARs and lack of blob control for OKW. If we nerfed Volks this would have to be coupled with a Rifle nerf.

The problem is not the Volks performance but the possibility to field 90 ammo Schrecks with full income. Afaik this was seen as OP on the initial Panzergrenadiers and thus they got two Schrecks for more ammo. The Schreck price should go up to 100 for Volks Schrecks and the cost bulletin (making them cost as much as around 75 ammo only) should be replaced by something else.

The whole point of this patch was to make the under-performing Volks viable again. No need to revert this.
13 Dec 2015, 17:31 PM
Patrion 14

new okw might be op but i like new okw play style better.
13 Dec 2015, 23:49 PM
Donator 22

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 566

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %