Login

russian armor

Do you prefer the "new" OKW or the "original" OKW?

12 Dec 2015, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 10:23 AMaradim
There is no "new" OKW, it's just OKW with a massive buff to income, there was no redesign.

lol
12 Dec 2015, 10:38 AM

They are working on a new axis faction, one that is a clone of usf with durable large squad starting infantry. Then they will nerf okw into the ground and wont get as much trouble just like how the brits are nerfed into the ground. Balancing these two gimmicky factions is impossible especially across 1s and 4s.
12 Dec 2015, 11:08 AM

How Can anyone say that the new OKW are balanced... Shit, look at the win rates. Prior to the december patch the field was beginning to level out, even in 1v1 with a slight favor for the USF. Now all game modes are completely in favor of the OKW, and they wrecking something fierce. Removing the penalty while still retaining very cost effective vehicles, and still having vet5, a non-doc super heavy tank and great infantry firepower is ludacris to say the least. All the extra stuff that OKW got because of their penalty are still retained, generally its original form. This balance change would make even EA cringe. With that being said, I do acknowledge, that the OKW needed some change but what the devs did here, broke the game entirely.

12 Dec 2015, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 08:51 AMkanon

damage from 10 to 12, cmon guys, IS have 16 damage

Damage is not that important as you think. Rate of fire, reload and accuracy means something. For example riflemans do only 8 damage but they heavily outperformed volks with 10 damage because of very short cooldown between shots. Conscripts do 16 damage too and have 6 rifles but they are not half as good as infantry sections.
12 Dec 2015, 11:12 AM

New OKW has the potential to be a lot better then old OKW. Obviously there still needs to be a lot done, but a flat resource penalty was stupid when the same effect can be done with price changes, that can be balanced with more precision. In particular, it punished using light vehicles more then it should.

Now OKW can be better balanced in 1v1.

Not voted yet.
Nothing more to add!
12 Dec 2015, 11:15 AM

New OKW is way better.
It's more in line with other factions, so it will be way easier to balance the whole game.

Right now, we are only half way to this, but I except another big step after christams.
12 Dec 2015, 11:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 11:11 AMNEVEC

Damage is not that important as you think. Rate of fire, reload and accuracy means something. For example riflemans do only 8 damage but they heavily outperformed volks with 10 damage because of very short cooldown between shots. Conscripts do 16 damage too and have 6 rifles but they are not half as good as infantry sections.

mmh didn't know that, my fail ^^'
12 Dec 2015, 14:33 PM

what I don't like about new OKW is the battlegroup HQ have no AT unit

so far all the faction, each tier consistent a unit to serve AI roll and a unit to serve AT roll

clearly after change battlegroup HQ lack AT unit. i think they should move puma to battlegroup then JP4 or P4 to mech. i think p4 could be good choice since it got crappy pen anyway.
12 Dec 2015, 14:40 PM

From a design and balance perspective, the new OKW is a stride in the right direction. It still needs a lot of fine tuning to be balanced, but it will be far easier than before.
From a USF fanboi perspective... blob wars ensue :snfPeter:
12 Dec 2015, 16:06 PM

Having a lot of fun with my vickers that cant pin a volks, and if out of a building its 4 model will die to a single volks SHOOTING (not flame nade).

Yeh, new OKW is for monkeys, and as you can see in my playercard i play all factions.
12 Dec 2015, 16:09 PM

so far all the faction, each tier consistent a unit to serve AI roll and a unit to serve AT roll

clearly after change battlegroup HQ lack AT unit. i think they should move puma to battlegroup then JP4 or P4 to mech. i think p4 could be good choice since it got crappy pen anyway.

Becasue T0 AT Gun and schrecks are not enough :snfPeter:
12 Dec 2015, 16:46 PM
Patrion 14

Youre kidding, right?
12 Dec 2015, 16:54 PM

You might want to re check what OKW have in T0 and compare it to T0 of all other armies.

You could also tell me please what AT unit is in Sov T1, ost T1 and UKF T1.

Though I got to admit, if not for the exceptional stupidity value of your post, you were close to greatest bait ever.
12 Dec 2015, 16:58 PM

I vote to remove OKW from the game.

12 Dec 2015, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 11:08 AMLeChimp
How Can anyone say that the new OKW are balanced... Shit, look at the win rates. Prior to the december patch the field was beginning to level out, even in 1v1 with a slight favor for the USF. Now all game modes are completely in favor of the OKW, and they wrecking something fierce. Removing the penalty while still retaining very cost effective vehicles, and still having vet5, a non-doc super heavy tank and great infantry firepower is ludacris to say the least. All the extra stuff that OKW got because of their penalty are still retained, generally its original form. This balance change would make even EA cringe. With that being said, I do acknowledge, that the OKW needed some change but what the devs did here, broke the game entirely.

Could not agree more.

The one thing i remembered people talking about OKW being weak was Volks related.

IMO just tweaks to the Volks would have been fine. Oh and the luchs on Mech was also a cool change. Other than that, none of the changes were necessary.
12 Dec 2015, 17:41 PM

The biggest issue right now atm are the Volksgrenadiers. They are reliable long range AI, who are still after the December 10th hotfix very spammable. They can counter infantry that are solely anti infantry by bleeding them out at range and at close range just deny cover with their incendiary grenades. You hardly need obers or falls just spam volks into armor.

Sure as allies you can focus your forces to decisive battles, problem is that volks are so spammable and easy on your manpower bleed that it is essentially possible to gain map control superiority with ease.

In team battles, with vet they can stand at range and withstand enormous punishment against AI infantry, while they cause nominal bleed but are able to deter any armor advances (Since panzerschreck still acts like a homing missile). have some ISGs in the back while you wait for P4 and King Tiger and you can basically win the games with volks alone. Their AI should be nerfed considerably since in their current state they are a jack-of-all-trades; they are AT, Anti-emplacement and to some degree long range anti infantry. For their cost and spammability this must be tuned down.
12 Dec 2015, 18:28 PM

I vastly prefer old OKW. Resource conversion gave a level of precise economic micromanagement that they no longer have.

The only thing fun about new OKW is using firestorm's manpower recovery ability in every fight.

12 Dec 2015, 18:54 PM

Original, even a retarded monkey can play the new OKW and win.

Where the fuck is the balance when you have CHEAPEST TECH + BEST INF + BEST ARMOR + BEST HEAVY + BEST TRUCK ULTILITY?
12 Dec 2015, 19:08 PM
Donator 11

Fair point, I come mainly from sc2 and LoL where its common to main an archetype.

You should know that there are many players in coh2 that dont favour any side or faction. That is becouse they find all of them interesting, like me, or need it to compete in tournaments that need using both sides to win. Also in competitive play it is needed to adapt to changes of the game becouse in some tournament okw may be better than ostheer and in other its the other way round so players who can play only one of axis factions are disadvantaged. It also happens that some factions counter other ones in rock, scissors, paper pattern, then ability to counterpick faction is super usefull. That basically means all top players play all 5 factions, maybe its possible to exclude one allied faction but thats all.

I know its completely different in sc and sc2 where players tend to choose one faction based on the playstyle preference and play this one in all their matches. It is possible becouse there are mirrors in sc. In my opinion the no mirror system is better but maybe its just me.
12 Dec 2015, 20:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Original, even a retarded monkey can play the new OKW and win.

Where the fuck is the balance when you have CHEAPEST TECH + BEST INF + BEST ARMOR + BEST HEAVY + BEST TRUCK ULTILITY?

EVEN SIUKING THINKS NEW OKW IS OP!?!?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS