Login

russian armor

Schrecks to Sturmpios confirmed?

11 Dec 2015, 20:56 PM

Hi!

From the German version of the game:

Schreck bulletin:

"The Combat package for Sturmpioniere costs 5% less."
(Das Gefechtspaket für Sturmpioniere kostet 5% weniger.)

Was that announced and I missed it, an already known error or is it news?

11 Dec 2015, 21:11 PM

I hope this is no error.
11 Dec 2015, 21:15 PM

The volksgrenadier combat upgrade is referred to as assault_pioneer_combat_upgrade. This bulletin directly affects the volksgrenadiers' panzerschreck upgrade price.

I think the upgrade has been named like this for awhile? Never bothered to check before now.

Edit: Actually, no it doesn't? Idk, feel free to look for yourselves: /attributes/upgrade/west_german/items/
Edit 2: The intel bulletin you got seems to affect assault_pioneer_panzerschreck_upgrade or something idk.

Edit 3: After looking at the second panzerschreck upgrade and thoroughly confusing myself, I've come to the conclusion that

11 Dec 2015, 22:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 21:15 PMhhhhh
The volksgrenadier combat upgrade is referred to as assault_pioneer_combat_upgrade. This bulletin directly affects the volksgrenadiers' panzerschreck upgrade price.

I think the upgrade has been named like this for awhile? Never bothered to check before now.

Edit: Actually, no it doesn't? Idk, feel free to look for yourselves: /attributes/upgrade/west_german/items/
Edit 2: The intel bulletin you got seems to affect assault_pioneer_panzerschreck_upgrade or something idk.

Edit 3: After looking at the second panzerschreck upgrade and thoroughly confusing myself, I've come to the conclusion that

It's been always like this, Schrecks were first designed to be on Sturmpioneers, thats why they have even audio files for those. So nothing new really.
11 Dec 2015, 22:27 PM

If they actually remove shrecks from volks and give in to forums complaining I will be very disappointed
11 Dec 2015, 22:41 PM

I will be glad.
11 Dec 2015, 23:01 PM
Donator 33

Tanks With AT infantry that can repair, njeet!
11 Dec 2015, 23:50 PM

Permanently Banned
The sturmpios will have to do basically every single job on the battlefield if they become AT troops as well.
12 Dec 2015, 00:12 AM

I always thought that Obers should be put into the Battlegruppe headquarters and given double Shrecks upgade instead of MG-34 and Volks should get an anti-infantry upgrade instead of their shreck which would be available when the schwerer is built another option would be add tech for the upgrade

Thats just me :)
Only Relic postRelic 12 Dec 2015, 01:09 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Sorry, Looks like text from an early version wasn't reverted correctly. Added to our database. Thanks
12 Dec 2015, 02:30 AM

Instead of worrying about on which infantry the Shrek upgrade belongs, why not lock Shreks behind side tech (this should happen regardless) and give them the annoying weapon racks that USF and UKF have?

Then the OKW player can put Shreks on whatever he wants. Although it should be limited to one Shrek a squad.
12 Dec 2015, 03:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 02:30 AMLuGer33
Instead of worrying about on which infantry the Shrek upgrade belongs, why not lock Shreks behind side tech (this should happen regardless) and give them the annoying weapon racks that USF and UKF have?

Then the OKW player can put Shreks on whatever he wants. Although it should be limited to one Shrek a squad.

So basically really over-complex and roundabout way of saying "nerf the Panzerschreck"?
12 Dec 2015, 04:03 AM
Patrion 27

So basically really over-complex and roundabout way of saying "nerf the Panzerschreck"?

That's not a nerf to Shreks at all. Shreks are fine, it's the ubiquitous Volks shrek blob that is an issue and all of us who aren't slobbering fanboyz are trying to find solutions to the brain-dead play-style.
12 Dec 2015, 04:10 AM

That's not a nerf to Shreks at all. Shreks are fine, it's the ubiquitous Volks shrek blob that is an issue and all of us who aren't slobbering fanboyz are trying to find solutions to the brain-dead play-style.

You want them to be a tech unlock that must be picked up at HQ and cannot be dual purchased or paired with any other weapon. Nobody's going to use 1 Panzerschreck Obers (No MG 34) or 1 Panzerschreck Sturmpioneers (No Sweeper), that's dumb and just makes the unit expensive but ineffective. So that leaves Volksgrenadiers as the only viable unit to buy them on. But they were the only unit you could get them on anyway, so this is just a roundabout nerf to Panzerschrecks.
12 Dec 2015, 04:56 AM

I'd rather they made a separate tank hunter infantry unit. Sturmpioneers already fight CQC, repair, build defenses, and sweep mines. They don't need another job.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★