russian armor

December 10Th Hotfix

PAGES (11)down
11 Dec 2015, 07:34 AM

panzer 4 150 Fuel ?
panther 200 ??
what do you think relic ?
what are you doing ?
this is balance patch or killing okw patch ?
Please back to school developers

Let me help you with these questions:

After analyzing play data from the weekend we saw an increase in early tank usage for the Oberkommando West. We are releasing a targeted change to directly reduce that usage and to bring the OKW on par with the other four factions.
11 Dec 2015, 07:44 AM

Me three weeks ago:

Haven't played it, but my immediate impression is that OKW will be incredibly OP with these changes.

Me two days ago:

Volksgrenadiers
- Population increased from 5 to 7

Panzer IV
- Fuel cost increased from 135 to 150

Panther Tank
- Fuel cost increased from 175 to 200

King Tiger
- Fuel cost increased from 260 to 350

Jagdtiger
- Fuel cost increased from 290 to 350

Called it.
11 Dec 2015, 07:44 AM
Patrion 28

panzer 4 150 Fuel ?
panther 200 ??
what do you think relic ?
what are you doing ?
this is balance patch or killing okw patch ?
Please back to school developers

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 07:34 AMKatitof

Let me help you with these questions:

After analyzing play data from the weekend we saw an increase in early tank usage for the Oberkommando West. We are releasing a targeted change to directly reduce that usage and to bring the OKW on par with the other four factions.

translation: OKW vehicles are appearing to fast so relic increased their fuel cost so that they can't produce as many tanks as quickly. this has nothing directly to do with the vehicle's performance.
11 Dec 2015, 08:25 AM

Pershing is an inf killing machine, unlike the panther.

Pz4 behave excellent againts inf, unlike the Ez8
11 Dec 2015, 08:48 AM
Donator 22

It was predictable that they increase the cost for tanks. Good changes. The JT was 290 fuel before right? The only thing that needs to go is the stun mechanic.
11 Dec 2015, 09:29 AM

partisan troops cost 4 pop
soviet/ost halftrack cost 5 pop
6 pounder AT gun cost 7 pop
6 men shocktroops/Guards cost 8 pop

4 men poineers pop cost from 5 to 6? So Why?

Would the poineers be spammable? Does this squard have good firepower or survivability so that it needs pop increasing? This squard is built only for the busiest work but not combat. Revert the pop to 5 pls. The soviet combat engineers still cost 5 pop so what differece between them?
11 Dec 2015, 10:43 AM

Lol, now OKW vehicles cost a ton of fuel and allied fanboys still crying? :lolol:

Hey, stop your tears, play the game, and let's see if your cheese tactics work again. If they have a chance to work now, shouldn't be this just fine?
11 Dec 2015, 10:52 AM

I think this will facilitate and encourage more light vehicle play (and jagdpanzer) plays for OKW. I really like these changes.
11 Dec 2015, 11:00 AM

Me three weeks ago:

Me two days ago:

Called it.

So you are the one that deserve our thanks.:facepalm::hansGG:

Well, keep it coming. I am so used to play hopeless factions that something wasn't right with OKW being so effective indeed. :facepalm:
11 Dec 2015, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 10:43 AMJohnnyB
Lol, now OKW vehicles cost a ton of fuel and allied fanboys still crying? :lolol:

Hey, stop your tears, play the game, and let's see if your cheese tactics work again. If they have a chance to work now, shouldn't be this just fine?

Yep, now OKW vehicles cost a ton of fuel less than when 66% fuel penalty was in place, as others in this thread have stated.

11 Dec 2015, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 11:00 AMJohnnyB

So you are the one that deserve our thanks.:facepalm::hansGG:

Well, keep it coming. I am so used to play hopeless factions that something wasn't right with OKW being so effective indeed. :facepalm:
They'll be fine. They have a better early game than the Ostheer as well as more teching flexiblity and the whole - now somewhat silly - vet five deal.

Honestly, I don't think these nerfs are going to have a huge impact on 4v4 balance, but they will definitely impact 1v1 balance. We'll see what happens when the meta adjusts.
11 Dec 2015, 12:07 PM
Donator 11

I don't get why didn't just revert the OKW changes back to 66% resources if they are gonna increase the fuel prices of certain tanks.

Clearly the issue here was resources, not the individual tanks themselves. Wasn't that obvious?
11 Dec 2015, 12:10 PM
11 Dec 2015, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 11:28 AMFul4n0

Yep, now OKW vehicles cost a ton of fuel less than when 66% fuel penalty was in place, as others in this thread have stated.

Unless the units that can be build from tiers remains the same. Hm. I guess we'll see how that will work out.
11 Dec 2015, 12:15 PM

I don't get why didn't just revert the OKW changes back to 66% resources if they are gonna increase the fuel prices of certain tanks.

Clearly the issue here was resources, not the individual tanks themselves. Wasn't that obvious?
Then they would have to put down the fuel cost for the vehicles that did not need a nerf (e.g. Flak HT). It does not matter whether you put up the cost and keep the income the same or whether you lower the income and keep the cost. In the end the effect is the same.

Further it´s easier to balance the game if everybody is at 100% resource income.
11 Dec 2015, 12:17 PM

Return of jagdpanzer :)
11 Dec 2015, 12:35 PM

Hope to see some noob-abusers go :clap:
Not so much tears in this thread though, maybe its a good patch?
11 Dec 2015, 12:42 PM

Well OKW were bit OP with patch I have to admit as a long time OKW player (however patch clearly shows that OKW vehicles were OVERPRICED for a LONG time).

However with recent changes i see few really pressing issues for OKW:
- pop requirement for Obersoldaten an Stum pios
- lack of supperssion
- veteramcy system (unreasonable high requirement to vetting.

Obersoldaten as a purely AI unit with no At whatsoever is more pop expensive as similar unit of other factions (shocks, rangers). As I see it as a rising problem as allies can field more infatry firepower which is more durable while OKW lacks suppersion.
O absolutely dont understand why Sturm pios costs more then elite infantry, it is simply a joke.
Im not sure how the game calculates experience gain by units byt even prepatch some units never ever sees its level past VET2 (i got 1000+- hrs on a record I have never seen KT VET3+ for example). Im afraid that price increase will slow down veting of some units even more. Considering that vet abilities were nerfed as a compensation for price reduction it should be looked at and probably completely overhauled, conce it is nice to have vet5 system but only unit regularly genting VET4+ are volks.

11 Dec 2015, 12:50 PM

Relic must really hate OKW, I admit I am mostly an OKW player , I just loved the way they were teching up, I had to deal with allied infantry which was (and is) a lot better, universal carriers, m20s and their crews with bazookas and UKFs rediculous emplacements so I learned to compansate by either building an AT early on or rushing a puma.

It wasn't easy as allied superior infantry is really pushing early on but I managed to somehow get a ridiculous 67% win rate. I ADAPTED. The patch felt like it was giving me a fighting chance, my winrate dropped nonotheless to 62% , I finally could try different strategies. (I am still a noob, I consider myself a mediocre player, this is not me being a pro or anything)

After seeing this hotfix I just want to say a big frack you to relic, I am tired of dealing with your shit, I'll just play USF or not play at all, all you had to do is pay some gamers and test this ridiculous balance , at this point you are throwing random numbers at your customers and letting the players battle it out. Whoever screams the loudest or buy more we will try to make them happy.

Such a same...
PAGES (11)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight