Login

russian armor

Give Lend Lease weapons to Assault Guards insted of PPSh-41

10 Dec 2015, 00:32 AM

How about making this M5 transporter like Brits doctrinal one? I mean, the one with weapons? You could pick up zooks and bars/thompsons from it.
While I do like the concept, the Relic logic with SMG weapons is to either have them as an upgrade or a default weapon.

Example: Shock Troopers
Captain
Lieutenant
Paratroopers
Rangers
Conscripts (PPSH Assault Package)

So maybe the Guards automatically get the Thompson SMGs, but the M5 gives out Bazookas at the cost of its AA package. However, it can still reinforce.

Anybody else want to comment on this proposal?
10 Dec 2015, 01:06 AM

I support the idea of changing their ppsh's to thompsons as they will perform the same good at close combat and terrible at every other aspect you could even replace their grenades with American ones

But dropping bazookas I think would kind of be overpowered with Soviets
USF have a shitty AT gun so they make up for it with the Bazooka and the Soviet AT gun is much better than the USF one but Soviets have crappier hand held AT (PTRS) which is doctrinal and the Partisan Panzershreck squad

You could also replace the dshk mg with a .50 cal mg to fit more with the lend lease theme
10 Dec 2015, 07:31 AM

That would be annoying and overpowered. Dropping one SMG at a time would be tedious, but equipping a squad with 6 would be much too strong. Thompsons on USF are capped at 4 on Airborne and Rangers for a reason.

No one said about 6 Thompsons. 2 zooks, 2 bars, 3 Thompsons.
10 Dec 2015, 08:12 AM

Agreed.
+1 to this.
10 Dec 2015, 08:36 AM

+1, im always a fan os visiual changes.
10 Dec 2015, 08:49 AM

No one said about 6 Thompsons. 2 zookeeper, 2 bars, 3 Thompsons.

+1
10 Dec 2015, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 08:49 AMTAKTCOM

+1

Sry for that "zookeeper" :D Smartphone autocorrect :P
10 Dec 2015, 09:49 AM

No one said about 6 Thompsons. 2 zooks, 2 bars, 3 Thompsons.

Just because you didn't say it doesn't mean it wouldn't happen. If you can drop Thompsons on the ground to be picked up, then you can drop 6 of them for one squad. Unless you're making them take 1 heavy weapon slot, in which case all squads are only able to grab 1-2 and that's not very effective anyway.

Just make them stock on Assault Guards, so they're unique and more useful.
10 Dec 2015, 10:26 AM

Im pretty sure that the trailers for lend lease/promos showed guards with mixed svts and thompsons too.
10 Dec 2015, 11:10 AM

If you can drop Thompsons on the ground...

But you can't drop SMG on the ground. Thompsons will be good like upgrade.
Still i like idea with resupply half-track. But i don't believe in this. German lobby will not approve. Sov with BAR and zooks ?! The horror, horror! :*(
10 Dec 2015, 11:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 11:10 AMTAKTCOM
But you can't drop SMG on the ground. Thompsons will be good like upgrade.
Still i like idea with resupply half-track. But i don't believe in this. German lobby will not approve. Sov with BAR and zooks ?! The horror, horror! :*(

Australian Magic clearly mentioned Thompsons. But there is just two ways to limit Thompsons that I know of, you can either have them unlimited, or limited to heavy weapon slots (2 for most squads). The only other way is to have predetermined squads come with them or upgrade to them, as you can control the number and type of weapons they use that way.

Furthermore, while Thompsons and Bazookas were given to the Soviet Union, I can't find any evidence that BAR's were. The closest thing was a Polish BAR clone, the Wz. 1928, captured during the Soviet Invasion of Poland and used in World War 2 in small numbers. But it did not look like the M1918 BAR, nor was it given to them as Lend-Lease.
10 Dec 2015, 11:44 AM
10 Dec 2015, 13:46 PM

Australian Magic clearly mentioned Thompsons. But there is just two ways to limit Thompsons that I know of, you can either have them unlimited, or limited to heavy weapon slots (2 for most squads). The only other way is to have predetermined squads come with them or upgrade to them, as you can control the number and type of weapons they use that way.

This is too difficult for dev which unable to to correctly fix Elite & Industry.

Furthermore, while Thompsons and Bazookas were given to the Soviet Union, I can't find any evidence that BAR's were.

Again, you're talking about a game in which no one of the factions have nothing to do with real prototypes. And in some places, and in general with reality. Bundle grenades useless against vehicle? Molotov cocktails used against infantry?:huhsign:

The closest thing was a Polish BAR clone, the Wz. 1928, captured during the Soviet Invasion of Poland and used in World War 2 in small numbers. But it did not look like the M1918 BAR, nor was it given to them as Lend-Lease.

I have heard about the use of these Polish BAR soviet militia on a par with wz.30, some sort of 1919 Browning. It was during the Battle of Moscow. Soviet home guard divisions of Leningrad and Moscow were very well armed.
10 Dec 2015, 14:11 PM

There were british Lewis mg (but they weren't part of Land-Lease, about 10000 were bought until 1917)

and Bren mg
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS