Login

russian armor

Miragefla's December Balance Mod Additions

PAGES (15)down
8 Oct 2016, 03:05 AM

Please you probably copied it off me :p

I've had this idea ever since complaints started coming about Troop Training, but great minds think alike.

I actually saw it as a solution to the Tiger Ace concerns as well. Basically you can just replace it with a normal Tiger, but now they have a greater ability to reach Tiger Ace status through their own actions, and replace it if needed.

Another novel solution: No XP boost, just unlock vet 5 for all units when using that doctrine :p
8 Oct 2016, 03:50 AM

I tinkered around in my mod a bit with vet 4 and 5... I got it so Axis units were capped at vet 3, but unlocked vet 4 and 5 for infantry and vehicles through global upgrades.

I thought it worked out quite nicely. I also switched the most hefty bonuses and ability unlocks to vet 4 and 5 as well to make it more enticing though.
8 Oct 2016, 05:19 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Random addition:

Panther and Brummbar have had their lines swapped between mediums and heavies. Panther uses the heavy tank lines which also include specific lines about the Panther. Brummbar uses the medium tanks which has specific references to 'Stupa'.

8 Oct 2016, 05:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Random addition:

Panther and Brummbar have had their lines swapped between mediums and heavies. Panther uses the heavy tank lines which also include specific lines about the Panther. Brummbar uses the medium tanks which has specific references to 'Stupa'.

Oh, how'd you do that?
8 Oct 2016, 05:36 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2016, 05:31 AMVuther

Oh, how'd you do that?

It's only just one line in the attribute editor for designating the files. Panther 'ma' was switched to 'ha' while Brummbar's 'ha' was switched to 'ma'.
8 Oct 2016, 09:24 AM
Donator 22

No model available sadly. Might change the cloak tanks, though if I could I would simply make it so shells can't phase through cloaked units.

What do you mean by what? In the "All Units" mod, there are concrete bunkers buildable, even with a nice animation. So as far as I understand, you can't add your own models given the current modding tools, so they must be ingame. But my understanding is very limited, so I could be wrong.
10 Oct 2016, 23:37 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Guess I could add it in a later version seeing as we do have those hardened bunkers. Likely will come once I make another pass at certain doctrines.

Undocumented Change I forgot:

ISU-152
To allow the ISU-152 to be less hindered by elevation, the unit will lob its shells in a similar fashion to the Brummbar/M8 Scott. AOE was modified to lower OHK radius significantly yet far AOE was modifed ensure the ISU-152 will always cause significant damage to infantry within its HE range. Penetration for HE also received a boost, though is still poor at engaging anything armoured.

-AOE Far Modifier from 0.05 to 0.15
-AOE distance from 1.25/2.75/4.5 to 0.5/2/6
-HE Projectile E Projectile set to lowest_noncollide_angle.
-Non_colldie angle set to 35 from 89
-Scatter max from 8 to 5.
-HE max up from 15 to 30.
11 Oct 2016, 02:51 AM

Change PG G-43 upgrade to IR StG-44. Doesn't have to be statistically the same as the OKW version. Would just make more sense imo.
12 Oct 2016, 13:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Change PG G-43 upgrade to IR StG-44. Doesn't have to be statistically the same as the OKW version. Would just make more sense imo.

I disagree with this "no-brainer" anti-infantry firepower buff. I suggest JLI G43s instead.
12 Oct 2016, 13:50 PM

I disagree with this "no-brainer" anti-infantry firepower buff. I suggest JLI G43s instead.

Then reduce PGs cost to 300 MP and then you have a JLI clone without the ambient building spawn.

So overall, you disagree with that "no-brainer" AI buff and you want to nerf it without lowering price.

Why not? As cloning of factions is "not" a bad idea :foreveralone:

PS: You should explain stuff why or why not change it next time.
12 Oct 2016, 14:01 PM

Note that the snipe-utility of JLI (insta-killing of models below 75% health) and the tendency of PGren STGs to damage more than one target at the same time will make the upgrade extremely potent.

That's not a bad thing though. Currently, the G43 upgrade for PGrens (and Stormtroopers, when compared to Stormtrooper STG) is a straight downgrade for all ranges.

If PGrens are to get a snipe-capable G43 (which is a good idea), it's probably best if PGren G43 suffers from moving accuracy penalties (i.e., unlike Grenadier G43).

Bring it on!
12 Oct 2016, 17:32 PM

That's not a bad thing though. Currently, the G43 upgrade for PGrens (and Stormtroopers, when compared to Stormtrooper STG) is a straight downgrade for all ranges.

Imo the only way a G43 for PG makes sense is if the come at 280-300 price and start with 2 ST44 2 K98.

A more interesting solution is to move the G43 upgrade to pioneers taking all weapon slots. Since other factions can use pioneer as frontal line troops I see little reason why Osther should be an exception.
13 Oct 2016, 14:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2016, 13:50 PMDanyek

(snip)
You should explain stuff why or why not change it next time.

(snip)

If PGrens are to get a snipe-capable G43 (which is a good idea), it's probably best if PGren G43 suffers from moving accuracy penalties (i.e., unlike Grenadier G43).

I'll do it here.

JLI G43s, while having a 75% kill crit, have an atrocious 0.1x moving accuracy multiplier. While 45MU might be a bit on the inexpensive side, (dual Gren G43s and three Cons PPsH-41s, Ober LMG34s and IR StG44s are as well, but I digress) it would make Panzergrenadiers a much more defensive, long-to-mid range combatant.

They would gain huge amounts of firepower in ranged combat, but they would lose close combat capability and lose the ability to be used as an offensive charging unit.

It's a trade-off, not a no-brainer straight-up buff like giving them IR StG-44s.
21 Oct 2016, 17:04 PM
Developer Relic Badge

General Change

Auto-Fire for Mortars and Light Artillery
A slight change to the auto-fire of these weapons to reduce lethality when unmicroed. Furthermore, the auto-fire range veterancy boost to mortars has been removed.

-Pack Howitzer and HM-120mm Mortar Auto-Fire from 80 to 70.
-ISG, Ostheer, British, USF and Soviet Mortars auto-fire damage from 80 to 65.
-Removed the range increase of mortars at veterancy 3.

Projectiles
Certain projectiles no logner collide with terrain, but will still collide with obstacles. Currently set mainly for AI projectiles.

-Applies to Ostwind, T-70, Stug E, Jagdtifer Supporting Fire, ISU-152 Piercing Shot, Greyhound 37mm, Sherman HE

Comet and Pershing Auto-Fire Grenades
These grenades will no longer stun vehicles on deflection.

-On-Deflected stun action removed.

Population Standardization
Certain infantry units now cost 1 population for their entities with the rest of the population moved into the squad itself.

-Applies to Panzer Grenadiers, Obersoldaten, Fallschirmjager, Commandos, Assault Engineers, Rangers, Paratroopers, Jeagar Infantry. Officers have already been modified in prior patches.
AEF

81mm Mortar (60mm Mortar)
Renamed the mortar for the sake of differentiation and so player understand it is not your typical mortar that the other factions use. Unfortantely the 60mm model in-game has no animation so the 81mm needs to be used in terms of a physical object.

-M1 81mm renamed to M2 60mm.

Paratroopers
Fixed an issue with the M1919 being unable to be repurchased if one is lost.

-Paratroopers can now rebuy their M1919(s) if dropped.

M15 AA HT

Slight manpower cost reduction on the M15 AA HT. With it becoming more vulnerable to its counters such as the increased range of the 222 and improved AA HT along with buffs to units like the Raketen and weakening of the lieutenant as a front-line unit, the AA HT does not need to cost as much MP as a tank.

-Manpower from 350 to 310.

British

Infantry Section Squad and Mortar Emplacements
To improve the UKF's lack of proper indirect fire and the Mortar Emplacement's inability to move up that has also lost its considerable auto-fire range, Tommies can now request a mortar barrage at the target position of 8 shells. This requires the Pyrotechnic upgrade to function. 90 second recharge, but no cost.

OKW

Infilitration Grenades
Increased the price of infilitration grenade. Previously they were too cheap and spammable for an ability that could saturate an entire area, particuarly when used by larger squads. If it becomes too costly for some units, a different variant will be made for 4 man squads.

-Price from 15 to 25.

Soviet

Guards
Can now rebuy lost weapons after their DP-28s have been purchased. This includes the PTRS and LMGs.

-Guards can rebuy the DP-28 for 35 munitions and the PTRS for 20 munitions.
21 Oct 2016, 18:15 PM

"Projectiles
Certain projectiles no logner collide with terrain, but will still collide with obstacles. Currently set mainly for AI projectiles."

OKW AAHT and OKW FLak base and built need the same change...probably rakketen also...
5 Apr 2017, 05:55 AM

Why yo stop playing buddy, don't lose interest pls:snfPeter:.

I am definitely looking forward to see some of these changes in the SBP and I find your vision quite creative and your tweaks well calculated.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS